Forums » Support

How to Get Started in Tamriel Vault

• 330 posts
    August 10, 2016 10:10 PM EDT

Hello and welcome to Tamriel Vault. I’m Sotek, one of the Hosts of The Story Corner and I think it’s great that you want to contribute to this site.

To make it easy for you, I’ll talk you through a few of the stages because there’s a lot to take in when you first join a site like Tamriel Vault.

I know you are itching to get right in to your writing and Character Building, adding your content alongside ours but there are a few things we need to do first. These will put you in good stead with your work and enable others to see what you have created.

If you wish to post stories and poems, then you will need to create is a Table of Contents page. We call them ToC’s for short. The ToC acts as a central hub for your stories and Poems.

The ToC is essentially a central Hub for our various Chapters and Poems so we will need to add links to it as and when we post new blogs. This enables other readers to see what we have created and it makes it easier for them to navigate through our various chapters of our stories.

Once you have created this then you can start to post your stories and poems.

Here’s a link to mine so you can see what I mean.

TSC:TOC Union Of The Wolf

ToC's, stories, poems and even Character Builds are all created using the Blog system.

To create your blog, all you need to do is click on the Blogs link at the top of the page.

Home  Invite  Groups   Members   Blogs   Forums   Events   Photos   Videos  

Now you are on the Blog’s Page. This is where we post our Poems, Stories and where members can post their other work like Character Builds, Role Play Profiles and their Galleries.

Just above the Blogs you will see four categories.

Blogs    Browse Entries    My Entries   Write New Entry 

Click on the ‘Write New Entry’ Category and you will see a large box appear. This is where you can write your Story, Poem or your Character Build.

Using the various tools you can add pictures like this or screenshots.

You can adjust the writing style and the color of text as well as the background.

You will need to add a title to your blog and you need to select a GROUP for it. The groups are a way of selecting blogs which are of the same group like for  instance, Skyrim Builds. All blogs with this as their base group would then be displayed. You should choose the group which you feel is best suited for your blog post.

Another thing you will need to add are tags. Golden Fool has put together a very uselful guide to help with tags and to explain how they work.

Here is a link to it. How Tags Work

Remember, you can only add one Blog Post a day. There are numerous hosts here in Tamriel Vault so don't feel you have to struggle by yourself. If you aren't sure then ask, we're here to help.

Sotek Loyal Hound Of Hircine

This post was edited by Sotek at August 11, 2016 9:33 PM EDT