Forums » Elder Scrolls

What sort of character will your first Skyrim remastered charact

• 490 posts
    June 13, 2016 1:30 PM EDT
    I must have played too much. My Necromancer was my most powerful build...
    • 98 posts
    June 13, 2016 5:04 PM EDT
    Dark Elf male, cuz hopefully with mods/improved visuals I can make them not so effin ugly.
    • 485 posts
    June 13, 2016 5:06 PM EDT
    In your case, let's hope the popular Ethereal Elven Overhaul mod makes its way over to console.
    • 404 posts
    June 13, 2016 5:24 PM EDT

I would get it for Melissa Raven. unless it disables achievements.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 13, 2016 5:26 PM EDT

I have been very negative lately, but that's all I've seen in my news streams. Bad news, band games, bad shows. I'm craving for something new that is good and exciting, but I haven't seen it (well, Total War: Warhammer looks like it will be good). Sitting here on the edge of my seat, the news of Elder Scrolls 6 would've sent to new levels of jubilation, but it isn't so.

My opinions for the site are entirely my own, I don't expect anyone on else to agree (though I wish more did). ESO on the site? Fine. I don't like it, but only because of the game medium and mechanics. I think it's a bad MMO and it doesn't let me play TES as I'd like to play TES.

Legends is just to rip off the popularity of Hearthstone which ripped MtG. I don't see what makes it Elder Scrolls beside slapping a name on it. Like going to the corner pharmacy and finding a deck of playing cards with Elder Scrolls artwork on it. Is it Elder Scrolls? I guess? If only because it has artwork from the TES setting printed on the cover. I've stated before that this is an Elder Scrolls site, and this gam has Elder Scrolls on it, so fine.

Fallout isn't Elder Scrolls.

The issue of being a fansite during the longest stretch between TES titles sucks. I don't think the answer was to turn it into something it wasn't by accepting a game that was nowhere near as popular here as expected.

But all just my opinions, and Admins do what they like. If they demand content, then content is what they'll get.

• 585 posts
    June 13, 2016 5:30 PM EDT

They did for Fallout 4, so I doubt you'll be able to unlock achievements with mods in Skyrim - there might be a mod that skips you right to the Alduin end fight, which would unlock loads of quest achievements.. Cheats in a lot of other games also disable them, so there's that as well.

• 59 posts
    June 13, 2016 5:37 PM EDT

Hensons making a new build?

• 71 posts
    June 13, 2016 6:10 PM EDT

Likely an argonian ranger named Vara-Sei. It's been long enough that I could replay his story (with the added bonus of better graphics) and have it feel fresh. He's been my go-to character for the past two titles. But I'll also roll an imperial rogue for good measure.

• 66 posts
    June 13, 2016 9:05 PM EDT

A mage.

• 743 posts
    June 13, 2016 10:10 PM EDT

Classic RPG Rogue. Guildmaster Set,  New killcams, immersive weapons, here I come!

This post was edited by Rogue at September 7, 2016 11:53 AM EDT
    • 288 posts
    June 14, 2016 4:06 AM EDT

Nah, this has nothing to do with intelligence level. It's more of a way of thinking.

• 1 posts
    June 14, 2016 4:57 AM EDT

I'm creating a Breton Hunter called André Sterrane and can hopefully use the alternate start mod- live another life to spawn me "camping in the woods" near Markarth as High rock is connected to the west of skyrim. 

• 627 posts
    June 14, 2016 9:24 AM EDT

I'll probably playthrough my Drunken Mage again. Get some of that sweet, sweet magic mixed with beating people to death  Might even throw in some Alchemy instead duplicating the sap and use it to update the build. Although I'm not sure if I should wait 

• 649 posts
    June 14, 2016 9:26 AM EDT

Don´t wait.

• 122 posts
    September 6, 2016 11:23 PM EDT

I'm waiting to finish my Stone Man playthrough until I can do it on Remastered. It's just a Spellsword with One Handed, Block, Alteration, Alchemy, and Speech. Armor only comes from Shields and Mage Armor-boosted Flesh Spells. The lack of ranged damage makes reliance on Ash/Paralysis spells and shouts important, and Alchemy is great for making you walk Skyrim and explore wherever you might get a new flower or mushroom (I also like the idea of temporary effects with this character after reading Breathing Water). Most importantly, the build allows for using Fortify Alteration potions with Mage Armor-amped Flesh spells in Werewolf form, giving you both a berserker form and a much more strategic human form that are nimble and nicely protected.

• 17 posts
    September 7, 2016 7:57 AM EDT
    Probably either my charachter build (forsworn necromancer/nightblade) or a remake of my first character, a dunmer rogue.
    • 585 posts
    September 8, 2016 8:28 AM EDT

I've completely dived into nerdom recently, so I have loads of ideas for builds based on fantasy-y stuff.

A Jace Beleren build (Magic the Gathering)

A Druid who descends into an unatural form to preserve nature (based on Druids form D&D and Nissa and Garruk from Magic the Gathering)

A simple Elvish warrior who descends into a servant of Sanguine (LOTR and trying to imagine them having fun, which was hard)

• 122 posts
    September 8, 2016 7:48 PM EDT
    Elves having fun? Sure they did! They liked song, the arts, devoting themselves to fine crafts, stories, and all the other boring stuff that you can't emulate in a video game. In the movies they also liked to torment their dwarf friends. :p

The Altmer are a bit more capricious and short-sighted than elves, however. They are also far more mortal, since the average high elf actually has a life span. It's kind of hard to compare the two.
    • 585 posts
    September 11, 2016 4:43 AM EDT

I'm thinking elves getting drunk at parties and stuff, throw that 'fine' word out the window and embrace the euphoria, no stories or crafts, just sex and drugs and rock'n roll.

• 21 posts
    September 14, 2016 9:40 PM EDT

I'm gonna start off fresh with a Nord Hero/Warrior!

• 585 posts
    September 15, 2016 2:54 AM EDT

Andrew said:

Like the guy in the trailers? I think that's the one character I haven't played, com to think of it, so I might have to join you with that.

• 83 posts
    September 15, 2016 9:54 AM EDT

I've had several ideas:

1) Jacqueline P. Liddell - somehow Heath Ledger's Joker time travelled, and impregnated the American McGee Alice (plenty of insanity there.)  Breton spellsword who also works stealth.

2) A Vampire Mage, perhaps a descendant of Janus Hassildor from OblIVion.

3) An Imperial who chooses to fight for the Stormcloaks - he sees the Imperials as something the Thalmor are using to gain a foothold in Skyrim.

4) A werewolf mage, something like Professor Lupin from Harry Potter.

5) Victor Zsasz, murderer.  His chosen weapon is the dagger (it calls to him.)

I am leaning most toward Jacqueline, as I have played her before, and really enjoyed it!

• 83 posts
    October 3, 2016 7:58 AM EDT

I've decided it:

My first remastered character will be Jacqueline P. Liddell.

Somehow, after the events of The Dark Knight, Joker managed to time travel and impregnate Alice Pleasance Liddell.  This time, it was not a false positive - Jacqueline was the child.

She took her mother's last name (Liddell) because her father's only name is "Joker."

She fell down a rabbit hole, and ended up near the border of Skyrim, confused about where she ended up.

Breton Spellsword (I can get the "goth" looks right with a Breton.)

Primary skills:

One-Handed Sword (her mother wielded the Vorpal and defeated the Jabberwock)

Archery (mother also used something called the Pepper Grinder that acted like a bow or crossbow)

Destruction (her favorite weapon is the Wabbajack!)

Conjuration (she needs to Soul Trap to keep the black star filled to reload the Wabbajack!)

Alchemy (believe me, her mother had plenty of run-ins involving drugs and eating or drinking mysterious substances)

Stealth

Illusion

Restoration

She also has a strange path for a Breton:

College of Winterhold

The Mind of Madness (Jacqueline worships Sheogorath and even sleeps cradling the Wabbajack in her arms...)

The Black Star (the Wabbajack virtually eats soul gems)

Thieves Guild (that Guild Master armor would look excellent on a Goth girl like her!)

Dark Brotherhood (time to do the one thing mother never did - eliminate someone in a royal position!)

Somewhere in there, she builds a house in the Pale.

Dawnguard

Main Quest

Dragonborn

• 21 posts
    October 3, 2016 8:03 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Andrew said:

Like the guy in the trailers? I think that's the one character I haven't played, com to think of it, so I might have to join you with that.

More or less, yeah. I tend to go with a heavy-armor build so I can wear the Ancient Nord Armor in Sovngarde. I usually like to play as the game's homeland character if you know what I mean.

You definitey should! Let me know how it goes and send me a screenshot of your character! I'd love to see him/her :)

This post was edited by Shield-Brother at October 3, 2016 8:04 AM EDT
    • 83 posts
    October 5, 2016 1:15 PM EDT

I've been thinking a little more about who I want my first Remastered Dovahkiin to be, and I am stuck between three!

1) Jacqueline P. Liddell - daughter of Heath Ledger's Joker and the American McGee Alice (she's defines insane, and her fantasy is to become Mrs. Sheogorath - she even sleeps with the Wabbajack cradled in her arms!)

2) Black Bonnie - lady pirate.  Even the phrase extremely dangerous is understatement.  I've been looking for a secure nautical place for her to use as a "base."

3) The Wasp - Stealth Orc.  Yes, I know those two words do not even belong in the same book together, but this is Skyrim, not Oblivion.  I thought of the name because of one of Oblivion's Arena fights was against an Orc described as "a heavily armored wasp."

I am really leaning toward Black Bonnie.  I tried an Anne Bonney build once, and had a fair amount of fun with her. 

Her primary skills were One-handed (dual wielding swords), Light Armor, Stealth, Pickpocket, Illusion (pirates often relied on scare tactics.)