Forums » The Lounge

Getting To Know You - Vol. 2 - More Questions!

• 159 posts
    June 9, 2016 4:53 PM EDT

About You Off-Site:

1. Dream career? For me it was to be a Cop as I wanted to be heroic and protect people. I also thought being an actor would have been awesome. Especially since I wanted to star in cheesy action films.    
    2. My favorite movies would anything from star wars or lord rings, as well as the movies Dragonheart and Jurassic Park. My favorite books would be Dinotopia and anything fantasy.  
    3. What are you afraid of? Spiders and when I was younger Clowns. 
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? I was at a water resort, and I was in line to one of those machines that simulate surfing. When hopped on the board I was immediacy flipped onto my back and pushed by the waves into the wall behind me. I lied there in pain while about 6 families either stared at me or pointed and laughed. The lesson is, stay the HELL away from those wave machines.     
    5. Favorite school subject? History. I loved it. I really liked learning about the Native Americans and the Dark/Middle ages. Knights were so cool to learn about. 
    6. What is your favorite food? Anything Pizza or Chicken related is right up my alley.  
    7. Do you have any heroes? No, not really. Well, if I had to choose one it would be Batman.
    8. What would you say is your best quality? I am very easy going. I don't like to get tense over the small stuff. 
    9. What would you say is your worst? I can get impatient at times. 
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? A special engraved watch that given to me by my brother when I was his best man at his wedding.

About You On-Site:

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? I think I tend to jump around from Character Building to Role play Stuff.  
    2. Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?!  None that I can think of....
    3. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? I think I would try to make LRP easier to get into. Though I would have no idea how.
    4. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it?  No not really. What I love about the site is that, most everyone here is just awesome and friendly. It's a very cool site to be a part of.
    5. What's your fondest memory of the Vault?  Being apart of Blackwood Crossing in the early iterations of Lrp. Those were fun times! 
    6. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not?  I am not a very active member. I think it's because I don't have time to put together builds or create stories. Hopefully this changes.
    7. Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them?  I won the ESO giveaway thingy a while back
    8. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? I am fine with being a lesser known member. I think I would like to interact with more members if I could.
    9. How did you find out about the Vault? Was searching up skyrim stuff on google and stumbled upon the glory of Skyrimblog or now Tamriel Vault!
    10. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of? Yes, I posted some epic photos that I thought were pretty cool. Once I posted a cool character bio page that I put some work into. That was awesome 
    • 261 posts
    June 9, 2016 5:07 PM EDT

Off-site

1. Game designer.

2. A few, including Elder Scrolls (duh), Transformers and Pokemon

3. Most everything, really. 

4. ... Does my entire childhood count?

5. I liked most subjects equally.

6. Mofongo (look it up)

7. Not really.

8. A knack for writing.

9. Laziness

10. Again, not really.

On-site:

1. Everything related to writing Elder Scrolls stuff.

2. Most other groups, seeing as how I'm honestly not interested. 

3. Nothing! I love this site.

4. Not that I know of.

5. The community's response to my stories and inquiries, without a doubt.

6. Somewhat. Sometimes I post a lot, other times not so much.

7. No, though I participate in events sometimes.

8. I'd definitely like to make a name for myself.

9. I don't remember.

10. I don't post stuff *unless* I'm proud of it. Which is hard.

Thanks for reading!

• June 10, 2016 5:50 AM EDT
    1. When you were little, what was your dream career? 
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they?
    3. What are you afraid of? 
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people )
    5. What was your favorite subject in school?
    6. What is your favorite food? 
    7. Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? 
    8. What would you say is your best quality? 
    9. What would you say is your worst? 
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it?

1. Didn't really have a dream career, wanted to be a soldier, so I did

2. Favourite book so far? James Herbert The Rats, movie? The Wanderers, T.V. program, Fawlty Towers

Blackadder series 123 and 4

3 Failure

4 Being tied to a teacher at school and led about like a Dog for a day, (BASTARDS)

5 Nothing

6 Battered Haddock and Chips, (Fries to our transatlantic cousins)

7. Yes my Father, he has made a success of everything he has touched, he is 80 now, born 1936

8. willingness to trust, and my ability to communicate with all types of people across the social spectrum

9. My total unwillingness to give up smoking, I know I should, but I just can't do it

10. Prized possession? Why my cats of course

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? 
    2. Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! 
    3. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard )
    4. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? 
    5. What's your fondest memory of the Vault? 
    6. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? 
    7. Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them?
    8. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here?
    9. How did you find out about the Vault?
    10. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of?

1 Character building, and the RPG Group, why love the builds on here its what brought me here, and I am a co Host with Raid on RPG

2. I don't know, but I will check

3. Not sure if I would change anything, also I don't think this is the forum for it

4 see above, I believe these subjects have all been discussed elsewhere to little effect

5 The publication of my first CB

6 Yes defo active am here everyday

7 Yes but not many, and nope not won anything, but never really tried, perhaps I should.

8 What? who wants to be a nobody? not me, however I wouldn't do something on here agains't my principals just to get noticed.

9 Searching for help and builds for Skyrim

10 At the risk of repeating myself, yes my CB, Deaths Advocate

• 1595 posts
    June 10, 2016 9:01 PM EDT

Not really. I've never posted anything significant. Only loads of Thalmor pictures which aren't enough to be proud.

I reject this Thuri. Besides pictures you have posted thousands of comments, rarely are they platitudes, rarely are they dishonest and each and every one is valued. Your comments can and have set groups alight, sparked discussions and brought joy wherever they are posted. 

You have posted plenty of value. 'The sage who suppresses his best aphorism: cut off his hands, for he is a thief.'

• 40 posts
    June 11, 2016 2:09 AM EDT

About You Off Site

1) When you were little, what was your dream career? My dream career was to be an archeologist/paleontologist, which is funny because now I'm not a huge fan of dinosaurs. xD Younger me was crazy about them.

2A) Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? Big fan of Grimm, big big Marvel movie fan, enjoyed the first 6 seasons of Supernatural, enjoyed the first 4 seasons of The Vampire Diaries, and the first 2 seasons of The Originals. Saw one season of Teen Wolf. I'm also a fan of the Hobbit Trilogy, and probably any animated thing Disney puts out. My tastes are so mature, LOL.

2B) Yes, I wanted an entire separate answer for books! Books are love, books are life. Presently enjoying the Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett, but have recently finished the Kane Chronicles, a big big fan of the Johannes Cabal books (they're so unique, kind of a black comedy), have previously enjoyed Brian Jacques' Redwall Series, Warriors series, and I've finished the first three books of Kevin Hearne's The Iron Druid series. And, of course, the big one: Harry Potter! (Slytherin here xP)

3) What are you afraid of? Pass

4) What's your most embarrassing memory? Pass

5) What was your favorite subject in school? Literature!

6) What is your favorite food? The barbecue ribs and baked macaroni & cheese my Dad makes.

7) Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why?
    Pass

8) What would you say is your best quality? Uh... Best quality? ... Compassion? Sometimes I'm funny. xD

9) What would you say is your worst? Worst quality? Oof. I suppose I can be selfish or a little mean-spirited sometimes.

10) Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? Prized possession? Hmm. It would have to be all of my books, specifically my Harry Potter collection. They're all beaten up, and I have very fond memories of my mother reading them to my brother and I every night before bed. They're wonderful stories all by themselves, but with the memories that come with them? Priceless. Otherwise I'd have to say my dog, Wolfie. :)

About You On-Site:

1) Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? I tend to skulk about the lore group and the story corner! I also like to keep an eye out for any events that might interest a storyteller like me.

2) Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! I haven't joined any Fallout groups yet, but only because I've never played Fallout! (I'll get around to it at some point, guys haha)

3) If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? In charge for a day? I would redecorate the Vault to show my Bosmer pride. Antlers and leaves everywhere!

4) Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? Move the site off Ning, for the love of Y'ffre. Other then that I wouldn't change a thing, I quite enjoy it here.

5) What's your fondest memory of the Vault? Fondest memory? Oohh I have a few! When I first posted the Bosmer encyclopedia with Karver and Thorien. :) That felt really special. I loved collabing with those guys, and it was about something I was passionate about so that helped.

6) Would you say you're an active member here? Why or why not? I'd consider myself moderately active. I try to check every day.

7) Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them? I've participated in events, but not competitions. :) Just generally enjoyed the atmosphere of events better. I've never helped create a build (I seriously do not understand game mechanics enough to be of any help), but I might be open to that in the future.

8) Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? I wouldn't mind being well known for my writing talents, or for generally being nice or helpful when I can. =)

9) How did you find out about the Vault? I found out about the Vault through Okan-Zeeus' Dragon of the East story, which I thought and still think to be a beautifully written, painstakingly crafted story.

10) Have you ever posted something here you're proud of?

Yes I have! I'm proud of the Bosmer article I co-wrote with Karvs & Thorien, and I'm also proud of my fake lore book Knörr and the Laughing Bear, my long series Legends of the Skaal, and the the profile I've made for my Altmer relic-hunter Ossien.

• 184 posts
    June 11, 2016 5:01 AM EDT

This!! This! All of this. Pay heed to this wiseman, Thuri.

• 122 posts
    June 11, 2016 7:13 AM EDT
    About You Off-Site:

When you were little, what was your dream career?
    A: Being a writer. I still love to write.

Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they?
    A: Cache 22, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Redwall Trilogy, The Chronicles of Prydain series, most anything by Christopher Moore, Welcome to Nightvale, and oh lord the list goes on. Too many books and book series have inspired and shaped my twisted headspace.

What are you afraid of?
    A: Letting down the people who care about me, not being true to myself, restaurants with a health rating below 95, legitimate and significant personal danger, butt stuff.

What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people )
    A: Choosing just one would take all day. First one that comes to mind was when I was in a line to get food for the family at a particularly slow and awful restaurant. I thought to myself, "God I hate ordering food from these people," and suddenly every pair of eyes was on me.

I'd said it out loud.

Then I noticed the entire staff at the time was African American.

Everyone in earshot thought I was a racist. That one was...Bad,

What was your favorite subject in school?
    A: English/Literature

What is your favorite food?
    A: I am on a diet right now. Everything bad for me is my favorite food and I want to eat a mountain of it.

Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why?
    A: Brian Jacques, Firefighters, and probably Superman. Maybe the people who invented ice cream sandwiches and peanut butter. I am a simple man.

What would you say is your best quality?
    A: 1080DP.

What would you say is your worst?
    A: Flippancy.

Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it?
    A: My 1973 Martin D35 guitar and a sockmonkey given to me by a good friend who no longer speaks to me.

About You On-Site:

Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why?
    A: the Building area, because I love to steal your ideas and play them for my own enjoyment, then forget to hit the Like button for months at a time.

Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?!
    A: Yes, and I'm waiting for a need to post in them, I suppose.

If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard )
    A: I would declare myself God-Emperor, then get bored, flake out, and let other people do the real work. I have zero desire to run a project this size, and I appreciate those who put the time and creativity into making it what it is. (Except for Paul, because I am a little bastard)

Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it?
    A: Free beer on Fridays.

What's your fondest memory of the Vault?
    A: Starting to be this thread. I'm having fun answering these.

Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not?
    A: Nah. I largely lurk, play your builds, PM questions to people, forget to Like, and add nothing to the equation other than occasional posts full of typos due to how bad I am using a tablet keyboard.

Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them?
    A: Nope. You all have a lot of emphasis on formatting and presentation, and I'm poor in that regard. I also type too much for your puny character limits. You guys are intimidating.

Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here?
    A: Never go into something only wanting to be popular. I would say it's pathetic, only I would have no pathos for the person doing so. If I decide to really try and put energy and contribution into the community then all I would want is an acknowledgement of my effort.

How did you find out about the Vault?
    A: Google.

Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of?
    A: Not yet. Probably will eventually, though.
    • 1217 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:08 PM EDT

About You Off-Site:

1. When you were little, what was your dream career? Fighter pilot
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? I'll just drop one for each. A favorite book is Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson. A favorite movie is Return of the Jedi, and a favorite show is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    3. What are you afraid of? Spiders. They just move all wrong.
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people I got stuck running a Pizza Hut restaurant basically by myself during some down hours of the day. A fam of 7 or 8 people came in and ordered and sat down. I'd never waited before, but I tried to put all their drinks on the tray anyway. Carried it out no problem. Went to set it down...spilled it all over them. They didn't put me through much, though. Just kinda got up and left with looks of disgust.
    5. What was your favorite subject in school? English
    6. What is your favorite food? Pizza
    7. Do you have any heroes? If you do, who are they and why? I have trouble with defining that. There are plenty of people I respect and admire, but no one in particular that I use as a role model, or "want to be".
    8. What would you say is your best quality? Patience
    9. What would you say is your worst? Passivity
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? Right now, my "custom" LED lightsaber.

About You On-Site:

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? RP and Story Corner pretty exclusively these days.
    2. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard Not a thing.
    3. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? As long as people try to be kind and look out for one another, everything else is good as is.
    4. What's your fondest memory of the Vault? Posting my first build.
    5. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? Nah. These days, my priorities have shifted so I don't have as much time to spend here. I drop in to see how things are going, smile at the cool new stuff, etc.
    6. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? I thought to do that once, but I'm happy just to have shared things here.
    7. How did you find out about the Vault? Google searches.
    8. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of? I've been immensely proud of each build, article and one-shot story/poem I've posted.
    • 1217 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:10 PM EDT

Snow crab is the bomb.

• 1217 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:24 PM EDT

Ender's Shadow! Great book :)

• 1217 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:27 PM EDT

Louis Armstrong, definitely a guy worthy of hero status.

• 1217 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:30 PM EDT

The Redwall books are fantastic; I grew up on those. They inspired some of my earliest writing.

• 40 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:32 PM EDT

Same here! One of the first stories I ever wrote for NaNoWriMo was a Redwall fanfiction story. I never did read them all, so I'm hoping to finish the collection someday soon.

• 1217 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:33 PM EDT

Heh, 1080dp XD.

• 1217 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:37 PM EDT

A worthy goal, for sure. I didn't read them all either, but if I learned of one that had a dog character, I'd have to pick it up.

• 557 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:38 PM EDT

Right?!

• 558 posts
    June 11, 2016 9:04 PM EDT
    Off site:
    1: Film Director
    2: Movie: Peewee's Big Adventure. Book: Dracula. TV Show: The Walking Dead
    3: Dying early
    4: I don't get embarrassed, but if I did, the most embarrassing moment would be when I got caught throwing a condom in the seventh grade. :O (I hope that's clean enough)
    5: Art
    6: Dont have one
    7: No
    8: It might be a surprise, but I am actually really funny IRL. It just doesn't translate as well online so I avoid it. I just feel like I can't find anyone IRL who shares my passions, so I guess I use humor to find acquaintances. :(
    9: IDK
    10: No

On site:
    1: Skyrim Character Builds and RPG group. Forums.
    2: Yes. I don't care about those groups (shots fired?)
    3: Nothing
    4: Can't think of anything
    5: Commenting in the forums
    6: Yeah, I comment on a lot of stuff.
    7: I've done two events.
    8: I wanted to make a name for myself, but it didn't work out, so I'm fine with being just a member.
    9: I don't remember how I found out about the Skyrim Blog, but I was here when the site changed. :D
    10: One or two things, actually.
    • 457 posts
    June 11, 2016 9:09 PM EDT

Been meaning to check out Full Metal Alchemist, but never get around to it.

• 457 posts
    June 11, 2016 9:13 PM EDT

I read Rakkety Tam to my kids one summer... Haway the braaaaaaaaw!

• 457 posts
    June 11, 2016 9:17 PM EDT

Two thumbs up for Pee Wee's Big Adventure & Dracula (That scene where he first sees him climb out the window on the cliffside and scale down  upside down still gives me the creeps! :D

• 40 posts
    June 11, 2016 9:59 PM EDT

So awesome, ShinJin! That was one of my absolute favorite books in the Redwall Series. Rakkety Tam and Wild Doogy Plum!

A warrior from the borders came, a buckler o'er his shoulder,

a claymore swingin' at his side, there's no' a beast who's bolder!

I didn't know how much I needed to read about Scottish squirrels fighting savage wolverines until I found this book.

• 457 posts
    June 11, 2016 10:29 PM EDT
    xD !Too true! xD
    • 45 posts
    June 11, 2016 10:31 PM EDT
    1. When you were little, what was your dream career? Paleontologist, I saw Jurassic Park one too many times XD
    2. Do you have any favorite books/movies/television shows? If so, what are they? Too many to list, I'll just say, treasure island/fellowship of the ring/the original pokemon series
    3. What are you afraid of? Spiders, too many eyes ya know XD(honestly though I hate thrm because they got too many legs, and the way they scurry around, ugh...)
    4. What's your most embarrassing memory? (keep it clean people ) Eighth grade...let's just leave it at that
    5. What was your favorite subject in school? Art
    6. What is your favorite food? Meat
    7. Do you have any heroes? Huo Yuanjia, awesome guy
    8. What would you say is your best quality? My ingenuity
    9. What would you say is your worst? I'm unbelievably indecisive
    10. Do you have a "prized possession"? If so, what is it? A stuffed polar bear they gave me at the hospital the day I was born(yes I still have it, his name is Mr. Popo...don't you say a word XD)
    About You On-Site:

1. Which part of the Vault do you hang around in most of the time? Why? Lately, the story corner, getting my poems up and getting criticism and advice so I can improve them and hopefully write what you guys like.
    2. Are there any groups that you haven't joined yet? If so, what're you waiting for?! Hm, idk, lemme go check and if not, I'll make sure to join :) lol
    3. If you were put in charge for a day, what would you change? (you'd get rid of Paul, wouldn't you, you little bastard ) I can't think of anything I'd change
    4. Do you think there is anything that could be done to make the Vault a better place? If so, what is it? "Make the site a bit more friendly to scrubs" - Chris Diokno, what he said XD
    5. What's your fondest memory of the Vault? When I first found it, and saw all the cool people who liked these franchises as much as me :)
    6. Would you say that your an active member here? Why or why not? I try to be
    7. Do you participate in any of the competitions that we have? Have you ever won any of them? No and no, but eventually yes and yes hopefully XD
    8. Would you rather be "just a member" or would you rather make a name for yourself here? I'd like to make a something of a name for myself, if you guys would have me :)
    9. How did you find out about the Vault? Google+Skyrim
    10. Have you ever posted something here that you're proud of? My Poetry
    • 1217 posts
    June 11, 2016 10:34 PM EDT

I recommend Brotherhood over the regular Full Metal Alchemist, but they're both fantastic stories.

• 45 posts
    June 11, 2016 10:39 PM EDT
    I binge watched the entire fullmetal alchemist series in one day. Best day I ever wasted on Netflix XD