Forums » Elder Scrolls

What are your favourite deities?

• 36 posts
    June 7, 2016 11:00 AM EDT

I researched all of the deities in the elder scrolls universe and I came up with this.

Who is your favourite elder scrolls deities?

Which do you find interesting?

My favorites have got to be Nocturnal, Herma-Mora, Trinimac, Julianos and Hircine.

This is an open question so you can pick numerous deities.

• 54 posts
    June 7, 2016 12:14 PM EDT
    Quick, think of a Daedric prince!

Bet you didn't think of Clavicus vile. He's my favourite deities. Evil, clever, manipulative and humours.

How could you forget a Daedric prince who gave a worried father the cure to lyncanthropy (a sharp axe)
    • 404 posts
    June 7, 2016 12:29 PM EDT
    His mask in Oblivion was great and looked great.
    • 18 posts
    June 7, 2016 12:32 PM EDT

Sanguine - The Daedric Prince of Parties!

I mean, seriously, I want to go to one of his Hog Roasts...

• 54 posts
    June 7, 2016 12:48 PM EDT

Out of curiosity, what Daedric prince did you think of?

• 404 posts
    June 7, 2016 1:14 PM EDT

depends on what I am in the mood for.

right now I am thinking of Hermaeus Mora. his voice man it gets me.

• June 7, 2016 2:56 PM EDT
    As a surprise to no one who knows me: The HoonDing, Redguard God of Make Way. The living embodiment of 'my god can beat up your god.' He's also one of the most mysterious entities in Elder Scrolls lore.

I also like Ruptga, the head of the Redguard pantheon. Unlike the other pantheon leaders like Auriel, he didn't fall for any of Lorkhan's shit about Mundus.

More Redguard gods: Diagna, the Lord of the Sideways Blade, and Leki, the God of Aberrant Swordsmanship, are also really cool. Diagna is similiar to Reman and possibly Tiber Septim (especially if you agree with my theory that the HoonDing is related to Sep/Lorkhan). I just posted my theory about Leki, but I believe the sword techniques she holds dominion over can mess with the tonal architecture, aka the laws of nature, of Mundus. Which is pretty badass.

Last one is Nocturnal for the same reasons I put in that 'Who would you serve' thread. She is the oldest of the Princes and she appears to be highly respected by her siblings.
    • 261 posts
    June 7, 2016 3:12 PM EDT

Well, as a massive Lovecraft nut, I like Hermaeus Mora a lot. Sanguine, Sheogorath and Malacath are also cool. Besides Daedra, I like the Khajiiti pantheon as a whole, seeing as how I love the Khajiit, as well as Julianos. Because knowledge is awesome.