Forums » Fallout

Wasteland Workshop - Steam Reviews

• 1467 posts
    May 24, 2016 6:46 AM EDT

So I was browsing through Steam today, and I saw a bit of an oddity.The Wasteland Workshop  DLC for is incredibly disliked on Steam, in fact its received nearly twice as many negative comments as it has positive ones. 

I haven't personally played it, but the idea that such a simple DLC is disliked is a bit odd to me. I was wondering if those who have bought it would agree with Steam, or if you think this is an over-reaction to not receiving any gameplay content through the DLC.

As another quick question, what do you generally think about DLC that give you aesthetic content rather than solid gameplay? 

• 179 posts
    May 24, 2016 11:42 AM EDT

It's basically the Horse Armor DLC of Fallout 4. The content it adds is more or less aesthetic in nature, it could've just as easily been included in a patch, and there are mods that can do just as good of a job, if not better (only relevant to the PC version at the moment, but you did mention the Steam reviews). Personally, I don't really care since I have the season pass anyway, but I can see why people think it's something not worth paying for.

• 649 posts
    May 24, 2016 1:15 PM EDT

Horse Armor DLC...nailed it, Albino. 

• 1441 posts
    May 24, 2016 1:47 PM EDT

I kind of agree, but it does add some nice stuff, especially for Survivial