Forums » General Gaming

Thoughts on MOBAs

• 558 posts
    May 19, 2016 6:00 PM EDT
    I was always under the impression that MOBAs were shallow, grindy experiences. Was I in for a big surprise when I decided to try SMITE on PS4.

Essentially a MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) is a team based RPG Action game mash up. You level up during the match which increases HP and mana, and it also lets you level up your abilities. You also earn gold throughout the match and you can spend gold on consumables and equipment. Every match you have to start fresh, upgrading as you go.

Now, I've only played SMITE, but if you want to try out a MOBA, I think you should give it a shot. It has a bit of a learning curve, but I'm glad I pushed through. In what other game can you electrocute Ra as Zeus?

Thoughts?

*Sorry if there is already a topic about this.
    • 557 posts
    May 19, 2016 6:56 PM EDT

I love MOBAs! I'm a huge League of Legends player!

• 96 posts
    May 20, 2016 1:42 PM EDT
    Me too (- in the past, lost quite some hours to that game). I also played smite, dota2 and Vainglory, a MOBA for the phone/tablet. Try it out, it's pretty good and very similar to lol: http://www.vainglorygame.com
    • 558 posts
    May 20, 2016 1:48 PM EDT
    Thanks for the replies, guys. If I ever get a computer I will check out Dota 2 and League of Legends. I will also check out Vainglory once I get a chance. :D