Forums » The Lounge

Getting To Know You - Vol. 1 - The Basics

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:23 AM EDT

(Don't really know why I'm doing this lol, there isn't much to know about me. )

Off-Site:

1. What's your name? R... Ran--No, come on, I can do this. My name is... is... Safi. 
    2. Where are you from? I'm from an Australian womb, so you could say I'm from Australia. I relate more to my father's side of the coin, though, which is Kashmiri.
    3. Where do you currently live? Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
    4. Do you work? If so, where? Say what you like - school is work. I'm just paid in knowledge. 
    5. How old are you? I am sixteen and three fourths.
    6. What do you look like? I look like a completely ordinary brown kid.
      I had a pretty healthy amount of weight on me back then in December... 40 degree summers shave it off again, though. 
    7. How tall are you? 5'4" or something like that. XP Short.
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself? Self-Righteous (or Sanctimonious, if that counts as two), Unhelpful, Judgemental, Rude, Ruthless.
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? Writing.  Gaming isn't really one of my hobbies, it's just an obsession. A really unhealthy obsession.
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they? Most of the pets I've had aren't around anymore (stupid kittens and baby parrots die way too easily...) but right now I have a small calico kitten named Beethoven, thirteen fishes (three of which are named) and something like twelve parrots (not so clear on that - four of them are named).

On-Site:

1. What significance does your username have? Well, I'm a rather unsavoury character with a rancid disposition; you know how it goes. 
    2. What brought you here? I came here back in mid-2013 or something. Apparently I was looking up how the wood elves made rotmeth out of 'spices' and ended up here. I can't for the life of me remember whether or not that's actually true, but it's been the reason on my profile since I first joined. (Yes, before ESO, rotmeth was said to be made of fermented meat and spices.)
    3. How long have you been a member? Well, unless I'm totally wrong about the date, I've been around for nearly three years.
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? I didn't lurk at all, I don't think. As soon as I got into the Story Corner, I wanted everyone to know how much I loved them. 
    5. Why do you keep coming back? I'm addicted man, it's as simple as that. x_x
    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault? The people and the stories are fantastic!
    7. Least favorite? There is literally nothing I dislike about the Vault. Other than the fact that it distracts me from schoolwork. 
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? I'm really buried in the Story Corner. Character building doesn't interest me (except for the other kind of character building - I could use some of that ), and I get most of my lore from the IL, UESP (yes Thorien, I know I'm a first-grader ) and TESlore on Reddit.
    9. Have you ever posted original content? No, not really.
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault? TONNES. If they were to all gather in a crowd, I would probably be drowned. 
    • 393 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:31 AM EDT

You're not a first-grader)) You know that Bosmer aren't vegan))

Btw, I totally love your name)) Of my love for your stories you already know))

• 1595 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:34 AM EDT

R/Teslore? Get out Safi! Consorting with illicit spectra  what can they give you we can't, eh? Eh? The Wabbajack? We have pictures! 

Pleased to meet you at last 

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:35 AM EDT

Now that is something a pre-schooler would think. That Bosmer are cannibals is the first thing they teach you in first grade. 

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:38 AM EDT

Haha, they have MareloRyan.  I like MareloRyan...

• 393 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:38 AM EDT

You're right But the fact that you know what is IL and Reddit means that you are an experienced lurker to join the Apocrypha)))

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:42 AM EDT

Muaha, I do visit Apocrypha, and quite often in fact. It's just that I do so quietly.  And I don't consider myself one of Hermy's book-keepers - I just like to sneak a peek every now and again.

• 1595 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:42 AM EDT

Ooh. Continue then  that guy has the true word. Cyclonophus, Mr Flippers, Rotten Deadite, Prowler and Lady N are cool too. When they speak I listen. 

There is a rule unwritten here though. You mention kitten you must provide pic 

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:44 AM EDT

Oh.  OK... I'll have to raid my sister's camera. Give me a sec.

• 393 posts
    May 25, 2016 6:45 AM EDT

You're so sweet)) Not a mouthy arrogant elf like me, huh)))

Tbh, I had prowled almost all of Apocrypha's shelves before I dared to join the LG at all))) Don't even remember what made me do it in the end))

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 7:10 AM EDT

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 7:13 AM EDT

Oooo don't go throwing that statement around, Thuri. You know exactly how arrogant I am, and it isn't pretty. 

Maybe you had a burning question or a point to dispute? 

• 1595 posts
    May 25, 2016 7:14 AM EDT

Trying to keep manly dignity but... omg he is so cute!

Khajiit has wares, that's for sure!

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 7:17 AM EDT

It's a she, actually! The name may have thrown you off, but only 1 in 3,000 calico cats is male.  #uselessfacts

But hell yeah she's cute. I lose my manly dignity (which is not a lot) every time I see those fantastic eyeballs!

• 1595 posts
    May 25, 2016 7:20 AM EDT

the name did indeed throw me. Who wouldda thunk? She does look very feminine, that sleeker face.  I did not know that about calicos, thanks for sharing!

• 393 posts
    May 25, 2016 7:50 AM EDT

Can't find itXD I suspect it was some really weird question in the questions thread, or I just couldn't contain some Thalmory remark about someone's post

And you are not arrogant at all, you just can't tolerate injustice))))

• 393 posts
    May 25, 2016 7:56 AM EDT

*faints from the cuteness overdose*

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 7:58 AM EDT

*grabs a fan and starts fanning you frantically*

• 393 posts
    May 25, 2016 8:02 AM EDT

*tries to gather her hair that now stands to all sides*

Whoa, whoa! That was a bit.... to much)))

So, what's her name?))

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 8:19 AM EDT

Whatever the case, you have become a valuable asset to the Library of Apocrypha. 

One who is so obsessively just is also not merciful and is subsequently a hypocrite, for they will not excuse others for the sins they have committed (and continue to commit) themselves, hence they are self-righteous and in love with their own values. 

• 393 posts
    May 25, 2016 8:27 AM EDT

Who, me?! Are you kidding?! I've never posted anything but critical remarks. That hardly makes me valuable, rather insufferable

I don't think you're merciless, just a bit emotional. And totally not everyone is ready to admit their flaws, and that is already a huge step to improvement.

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 8:30 AM EDT

Beethoven.  We had a baby albino Indian ring-necked parrot named Da Vinci (she died...), so we decided to stick with the genius theme. The next pet may be Vivaldi, or Plato, or Aristotle, or something like that. 

Omg, it would be so cool to have an axolotl named Aristotle!! 

• 203 posts
    May 25, 2016 8:32 AM EDT

Ok this is odd.  You look a lot like someone I used to know. And you're a lot like her as far as personalities go as well (she just had tons more sass). But she was from Canada if I'm correct, but damn the resemblance is uncanny (granted it has been a while since I even saw a picture of her but still).  I have to go hide somewhere, my past is catching up!

• 393 posts
    May 25, 2016 8:34 AM EDT

Lol, cool)) That's funny)) And confusing. Everyone probably thinks she's male))

• 184 posts
    May 25, 2016 8:44 AM EDT

We don't really mind that - nobody sees her except us anyway, so one or two people getting confused seems like an OK sacrifice for giving our cat an awesome name. 

And if you think that's confusing, you should have seen how people reacted when I told them I owned a tom named Jasmine.  We didn't know he was male when we named him, and he looked exactly like his very feminine mother, so we had every reason to think he was female!  Until... he grew a pair.