Forums » Elder Scrolls

Workshop Success Story: The Freelancer

• 10 posts
    April 28, 2016 2:43 AM EDT

Hey Maniacs and welcome back for another edition of the Workshop Success Stories. You know every so often you have very creative people here in The Vault, that have nothing to do with Character Building, but then someone with a high skill in pouting nudges them into it. Well I am glad they did, because this week I had the absolute honor of sitting down with someone who is new to building, and has done a marvelous job. Lissette came out guns a blazin for her first build and when you talk success especially the first time out of the gate, Recognized maybe Exemplar is a lofty goal. But that simply wouldn't do for our lusty Argonian Maid no. This build currently is sitting at Event:Mythic and just 12 likes away from Legendary status. So now let's check in with this amazing author for some more details on The Freelancer.

So Lissette where did the inspiration for your inaugural masterpiece come from?

I wanted to help Phil out with his roleplaying interviews (I still haven’t quite completed this yet, but I wills!) and I couldn’t get my mind out of the gutter.  He had his character, Walks-the-Road, and on a whim on that thread when I volunteered, I mentioned a Makes-men-Weep, Walks-the-Road’s sister, who has a more *cough* questionable *cough* past. Originally, I was just going to make a roleplay profile for her, as I had been really afraid to tackle a build in the past. But, when the Event for Builds revolving around artifacts came out, I started thinking about how a person like Makes-men-Weep would survive in Skyrim. Also, I got suckered into it, just like for the current contest I’m in. When Albino or Dragonborn pouts, I can’t help it. Imma soft. Then I thought Lusty Argonian Maid and all the naughty sexual references I could come up with using Skyrim phallic symbols and WHAM… BAM… THANK YOU!

So aside from needing a amulet of peerless pouting resistance, how was The Workshop able to help you out?

Best thing I did was take this process to the Workshop, especially for this crucial first time. Make the booboos there, I say, not in the actual CB thread. It, for me, made the process way easier and better for a sensitive type like myself. Karver, Dragonborn, Phil, Relycs and others were super helpful. I could ask an opinion on the build and usually a person would hop right into the thread and answer, giving me pointers on format and layout. How to break up long stretches of text (which if you’ve read Straag, I am sort of the Queen of long stretches of text), what font is easiest on the eyes, that sort of thing. It was also great seeing some of my friends on Tamriel Tales pop in and offer words of encouragement. Commenting and looking through other builds in the Workshop helped me with my build too

Well I think it is safe to say people everywhere are taken by your captivating presentation, but how does it feel for your first build to be this successful?

Very appreciative considering the quality of builds I have seen there. CB can be intimidating. I read the builds that are posted. I know what goes on there. It can get intense with the criticism, though I know they mean well, but I’m not gonna lie, I was freaking out a little, ‘cause I’m a person who tends to freak out with things I’ve never done before.

Is there anything else you would like to let us in on about this little beauty?

Playing the Freelancer was some of the most fun I’ve had in Skyrim. Using Derk, arguably one of the worst followers in the game, well, next to Sven, gave me some of my biggest laugh-aloud moments after my old Mr. Buttons playthrough. Hmm, mebbe one day I should do something with Sven… or my Mr. Buttons… Farkas ain’t all that great either. HAHA! Thanks though, the support for this build has been awesome. I look forward to more in the future and I appreciate the Workshop’s help in getting me out of my Character Building shell.

Beautiful artwork, stunning presentation and with just the right amount of dirtiness thrown in. This build is truly what the Workshop Success Stories are all about. Well there you have it folks. Very possibly the most successful first build ever. So go like it. Do it or I'll have you all turned into CHEESE! Make sure to be on the lookout for more spellbinding builds from this naughty maid as she currently has a great piece being built right now in the workshop. Until next time maniacs.

• 1467 posts
    April 28, 2016 3:35 AM EDT

This is a truly awesome build, definitely deserves all the success it has been given. I can't really say much else, but an excellent choice for WSS Manik, and a great build

• April 28, 2016 4:39 AM EDT

The awesome thing about the Freelancer, is that it is so well communicated, and such a good idea, it stays with you. Many other builds, you think 'great', and then two weeks later - if you are a sieve brain like me - you only have the vaguest idea what that build was about, except you remembered you liked it lol. But I can remember so many cool details about the Freelancer.

• 295 posts
    April 28, 2016 10:33 AM EDT

Thanks so much, Manik, for this. I'm very honored. 

• 367 posts
    April 28, 2016 6:06 PM EDT

This is a great HGS Manik and it's well deserved Lissette. Your talent for writing and artwork really makes your build stand out.

You'll hit legendary, you will see.

• 10 posts
    April 28, 2016 8:36 PM EDT
    Thanks for the comment everyone but honestly with material like this to work with... easy.
    • 10 posts
    April 28, 2016 11:39 PM EDT

Just finish the next one so we can do it again.

• 1595 posts
    May 1, 2016 7:12 PM EDT

I cannot but smile. It is a special build and this is a lovely success story.

• 215 posts
    May 23, 2016 10:16 PM EDT
    Welldeserved Lissette and well done Manik