Forums » General Gaming

Mass Effect 3 MP dlc- April 10th!

• 132 posts
    April 6, 2012 9:18 PM EDT

Here is the video

A summary:

New Characters:

Batarian Sentinel:

Known powers: Cryo Blast, That thing at the start, not sure exactly but it's either a needle attack or tearing them apart internally

Asari Justicar Adept:

Known powers: Biotic barrier (watch the video to see how awesome this is), Pull

Geth Infiltrator:

Known powers: An EXTREMELY cool targeting thing, watch the video to understand.

Geth Engineer:

Known Powers: Overload, Sentry Turret

Krogan Vanguard:

Known Powers: Extreme overpowered-ness...also biotic charge

New Maps: Hydra, Condor

New Guns:

Striker assault rifle: appears to be an automatic grenade launcher

Geth Plasma smg: probably similar to the geth assault rifle

Kishock Harpoon gun: Yep. A harpoon gun.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pumped about this. It's free, on april 10th. The Justicar especially... I'm saving up my credits :D

• 577 posts
    April 6, 2012 9:47 PM EDT

ehh...I actually do like the multiplayer quite a bit, but only when I play with my buddy and it's hard to get him motivatied. lol Played a couple rounds with strangers and there wasn't much 'teamwork' which kinda sucks cause you need to work together somewhat. It's best when doing so.

Some cool new weapons (harpon) and characters. They always show the characters looking baddass and shit in trailers! lol I got to level 12 and was still just firing a peashooter and had very little 'special' powers. People really look at your stats on this game and kick you off if your weak or low level. So that blows. Hence, it's nice to play with someone you know....

• 708 posts
    April 7, 2012 12:04 AM EDT

I actually just got ME3 a few days ago, I got pumped for a few seconds in that really old multiplayer tralier, just before the Salarian Inflitrator kills that geth I was like "Awesome! You can play as a geth!" and then it died, I was pretty dissapoint :(

It sounds really good though, looking forward to using all this stuff.

• 132 posts
    April 7, 2012 9:42 AM EDT

Yeah, the lack of trust for low level people is kinda warranted, 90% are really bad... it gets better though, once you get decent weapons; until then use a power spammer, like an adept or an engineer. Just only play bronze until you get to 70 overall or so, anybody lower than that is mistrusted out of hand. Once you get to the point that you can play silver, it gets much more fun.

Note: on silver or higher, if you see a vanguard or somebody whose character is under level 10, leave the lobby. I guarantee you will either lose or have to use up all of your items and fight heroically. Probably 75% of vanguards are awful and die immediately, and even the good ones die way behind enemy lines, and then all the average people on your team die trying to rescue them. I have seen this happen MANY times.

• 132 posts
    April 7, 2012 9:51 AM EDT

Haha, screw salarians :P All the salarians I've played with in the last couple days have been dicks, one stopped in the middle of a match so he could send me hate mail because apparently I kept stealing his kills, even though they had 90% health left when I shot them...his own damn fault for using SMGs, worst weapon class ever. Anyways... Geth ftw :D

• 708 posts
    April 7, 2012 4:11 PM EDT

I'm probably going to try Engineer first up and just use a Predator pistol, that was brutal in the demo - the Predator can fire so fast and you can use incinerate/overload every few seconds

• 132 posts
    April 8, 2012 9:43 AM EDT

Yep, power spamming with overload is actually awesome. Combat drone is no slouch either, I highly advise you max that out. The rockets you get at the end can almost kill a low level enemy on bronze in one hit, and it will also knock a guardian's shield back, which is damn useful because nothing else the human engineer has can do that.

The predator... I know it weighs almost nothing, and it's definitely better than an smg, but it still sucks IMO. Fortunately there are lots of heavy pistols and they aren't terribly rare. My personal favorite is the Phalanx, once you get it to rank 3 it no longer slows down your powers, and it can do in 3 shots what takes a Predator a whole clip. If you're willing to sacrifice a few fractions of a second of recharge, the Vindicator assault rifle is the way to go. It is easily the greatest all-purpose weapon in the game. It can fight at any range with ease, and a few bursts to the head will take down troopers and cannibals in less than a second on bronze. Once you have it, you'll never go back to automatic weapons.

Man...I spend too much time thinking about this stuff.