Forums » General Gaming

The VS Thread

• 275 posts
    April 7, 2016 8:10 PM EDT
    This is a discussion where you can make up a scenario that pits two video game characters against each other in a duel so you can find out people's opinion on who would win.

For instance, I know one that's bound to get some comments from people: The Hunter (Bloodborne) VS The Chosen Undead (Dark Souls I).

The rules of this fight are as follows: Both participants have endgame gear (I don't play Souls so what they use is up to you) with the Hunter definitely using some kind of trick weapon, both have a good amount of blood vials and estus flasks, about 10 estus and the equivalent of that in blood vials, no conjuring allies if there is such an ability in either game, both use the gameplay mechanics from their games, NO REVIVING, if you die you are dead.

Here's what I know about both

The Hunter:

His trick weapons can transform as in Bloodborne and from what I read on another thread like this transforming a weapon during an attack breaks a blocking stance.

Unlike the Chosen Undead he is not affected by weight of armor and his dodges are the equivalent of a fast roll in Dark Souls. If he uses some ring his dodges will even give the appearance of teleportation.

From what I know most of combat in Bloodborne is about staggering an enemy so his attacks will probably do massive poise damage, including his blunderbuss which might interrupt spell casting.

Chosen Undead:

He can block powerful attacks with his shield, even those of extremely powerful bosses.

He can take huge amounts of punishment such as being impaled by Ornstein's spear.

He can use magic much more powerful than that of a Hunter.

Rules:

1. Make sure the characters are NOT super OP, it should be a normal endgame character strength, people like Corvo Attano (Dishonored) are fine because a clumsy player can die quickly but nothing like the Dark Souls' Giant Dad build which is practically an immortal.

2. Back up your counter arguments. For instance I saw a Corvo vs Batman thread a few days back and when someone said Corvo could possess Batman and throw him off a rooftop someone said "Batman can probably resist possession" nothing more than that! No reasoning, no links, no nothing. There is nothing that ticks me off more than a stupid response so try to back things up unless it is super obvious.

3. Little to no aid, this should be a one-on-one fight unless specifically stated so there is no help from outside forces that weren't there in the first place.

4. Don't use the game mechanics against a character, just because Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor's gaming mechanics are better than Skyrim's that doesn't instantly mean Talion will kick the Dovahkiin's ass.

5. Make sure both parties are somewhat evenly matched or at least one won't slaughter the other instantly under all circumstances (doesn't mean it can't be an easy win for them when put in the right place), a Garyados will kill a magikarp with ease any day but Batman vs Superman, well, we've all seen the trailers and/or the movie.

If you have any other ideas then post them here.