Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls 22nd Anniversary

• 411 posts
    March 25, 2016 11:52 PM EDT

So today is the 22nd anniversary of The Elder Scrolls 1:Arena. That makes TES 22 years old as of March 25 2016. So here are some Questions about

• How Long have you Played TES games?
    • What do you like most of TES As a Whole?
    • Whats your favorite TES game?
    • Whats your Favorite TES Race?
    • Skooma or no Skooma?

First one to answer gets some free Skooma and Moonsugar!

• 404 posts
    March 25, 2016 11:59 PM EDT
    I was born before it by a few days.
    • 1441 posts
    March 26, 2016 12:36 AM EDT

The first TES game I played was Oblivion, I have since played Morrowind, though I can´t find my copy, Skyrim, Daggerfall, until I got lost in a dungeon, and tried Arena, but it was too laggy

• 48 posts
    March 26, 2016 1:14 AM EDT
    I'd been playing tes ever since I got skyrim for my birthday in 2014 and the first time I played it I hated it then my brother convinced me to try it again I still hated but then my brother told me give it one more shot and I did and now I love tes my favorite is skyrim I think the best part of tes is the lore my favorite race is Orc and skooma.
  • March 26, 2016 1:23 AM EDT

How Long have you Played TES games? Since Oblivion. Specifically 2009 or so. Not the veteran that some people are.
    What do you like most of TES As a Whole? The lore. I would play the shit out of TES spinoffs that branch into different genres. Elder Scrolls CRPG, RTS, etc.
    Whats your favorite TES game? I always have trouble deciding between Morrowind and Skyrim. Skyrim is much more streamlined and suited to building. But Morrowind has that great design and weirdness about it.
    Whats your Favorite TES Race? Redguards, easy.
    Skooma or no Skooma? Morrowind skooma or Skyrim skooma? Morrowind skooma is great. Skyrim skooma is just a stamina potion.

• 224 posts
    March 26, 2016 2:06 AM EDT

Nice post and happy birthday to Elder Scrolls, keep growing everyday, I 'm going to answer the questions:

• How Long have you Played TES games?
      In my steam account appears I have installed Skyrim in 26 dic 2011, in that day I bought it, just Skyrim without dlcs, wasn't a cheap game, I think cost me 60 USD, then 10 sep 2012 I get Dawnguard and then Hearthfire the same year, and later I got Dragonborn in 8 feb 2013, but I have to say Skyrim wasn't my first Elder Scrolls game, the first one was Oblivion, It wasn't an original version, I had played and modded it since maybe 2010 or 2008?, I dont remember the exact date, but later I bought it :P in 2013.

• What do you like most of TES As a Whole?
      The Immersion and the customization, the thing you can choose your own path, I like it be a sandbox fist person game, and the the depth of space, the richness of the universe, world, continents, lands, towns, culture, people, is so well made, I meant you can go to x,y,z whatever direction and think: "to day I'm going to Falkreath or to Markarth, you can think something before doing it and then in the game you will really not know what is going to happen.

• Whats your favorite TES game?
      That's a hard one question, every game have his own special things, I'm going to say what I like of every game ok?:

About Elder Scrolls III Morrowind: This game was my third
      The thing I like most is the old roleplaying style of gameplay, a lot of skills, the game works in probabilities, the most you raise your skills higher percentages and probabilities of success on a skill  and the game is hard I think is the most harder game than Skyrim or Oblivion, also I like the strange place of Morrowind some places are just blow-mind, other good think I like is how you do quests, you have to read a lot :P and that's cool, you have no quest mark points and you dont have fast travel.

About Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion:
      Was my beginning on this universe of Elder Scrolls, my first reaction was: "What a great game, so complete, looks like a first person RPG Warcraft game, love it", I grow up playing Warcraft universe games since Warcraft I at the age 6-7 years old, was one of my first video games xP, Orcs, Humans, Dwarfs, Elves, Trolls, Undeads, Demons, I loved those games in those times, Warcraft 2 and then Warcraft 3, but my loved Blizzard fucked it up with World of Warcraft, made the game a bunch of endless "cheap" story and content made the game so commercial at the point the game worths nothing in terms of content and story, so I search and I found Oblivion a strange game I haven't known about Morrowind I just search about Oblivion and get it (in an unofficial version), the game had a lot of common about Warcraft in terms of races, had humans, elves, orcs, demons, undeads, and the game was so medieval, I loved instantly, One of my first reactions were that I thought the books in the game had no much importance and wasn't made with much effort, I meant, I thought the books were just some writings without much importance, also I thought the game had not a detailed and depth story, then I discover books is where you can know about this awesome world lol, and the truth was the game were made in a detailed way as the whole story (and universe).
      I enjoyed a lot closing Daedric Portals, that was on of my favorite things on the game and the Imperial city liked it a lot as the endless forests.

About Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: This game was my second
      First I loved the graphics, the story and one of the things I enjoyed more was the Civil war and the Dawnguard.

About Elder Scrolls Online: I think I need more time to play it to have a opinion of it, but I like it a lot too.

So I can tell you because my descriptions of the games, I think the game I like most is Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion because have an emotional value and make me learn about all of Elder Scrolls universe.

• Whats your Favorite TES Race?

My first favorite race is Imperial because they are like Romans and I think they are the most "medieval" race of all, they like living in castles and are civilized also they could be really bad-asses, and because I have Italian roots, so I think the Imperial race represents me better than any other race.

• Skooma or no Skooma?

In real life I'm really clean, I meant I dont do drugs, sometimes I like to drink some beer. But in Skyrim with a mod names realistic needs and diseases my character consume Skooma sometimes and he runs so fast as the speed of light xP

Hey Mirric nice post again, helped me to think about when I started this about Elder Scrolls 
    • 140 posts
    April 19, 2016 10:06 AM EDT

Can't believe I haven't seen this until now, so you'll have to forgive me for the rather late reply.

How long have you played TES Games? - I'm actually a bit of a late comer to the series. Skyrim was my first TES game, and I only played it sometime in early 2012 (Mid-February, I believe).

What do you like most of TES as a Whole? - The replay-ability is something I really like about it, especially in the earlier games where there were more choices to be made. I'm also a big fan of the Lore, which to me is some of the best out there.

What's your favorite TES game? - Contrary to the whole "You always love your first TES experience most" thing, my favorite's actually Morrowind. While it may have a smaller world space than it's successors (And predecessors, for that matter), I never really found that to be too much of a problem, and I absolutely love everything else about it. Well, maybe not the Cliff Racers...

What's your favorite TES Race? - Dunmer, hands down. I wasn't that interested in them at first, but after playing Morrowind and seeing all the different Houses, Clans and their traditions, they instantly became my favorite.

Skooma or no Skooma? - Skyrim's Skooma is just an expensive Stamina Potion, but Morrowind's had some usefulness. I have to say, though, that I rarely find my characters drinking any.

• 207 posts
    April 19, 2016 11:27 AM EDT

How Long have you Played TES games?
    3 years or so, started with Skyrim after I bought my PS3.
    What do you like most of TES As a Whole?
    I guess the open world, the possibilites of character building, the replay value that comes with it, the lore...
    Whats your favorite TES game?
    I'm actually pretty undecided, which is odd considering that Skyrim was my first(well technically it was Daggerfall, but it lasted only about 20 minutes before I got to frustrated) and more or less only one I played(Daggerfall-20 minutes, Morrowind-1-2 hours. Oblivion i invested more time in, but compared to the 1000+ hours of Skyrim it's nothing). I guess Skyrim is the game I will play a lot more, but Oblivion would probably be it if I could play it using a controller and if it didn't have the horrible enemy scaling system. This opinion could change of course once I really played Morrowind.
    Whats your Favorite TES Race?
    #ArgonianMasterRace
    Skooma or no Skooma?
    No Skooma.

• 168 posts
    April 19, 2016 11:57 AM EDT

How Long have you Played TES games? Since 2013.
    What do you like most of TES As a Whole? The lore.
    Whats your favorite TES game? Skyrim.
    Whats your Favorite TES Race? Khajiits and Argonians.
    Skooma or no Skooma? Winners don't use drugs.

• 71 posts
    April 19, 2016 1:48 PM EDT

How Long have you Played TES games? Only seriously since 2012. Really got started with Skyrim on my 360 back in the day.

What do you like most of TES As a Whole? The immersion that I experience while playing it. The lore is fleshed out and vivid, the geography is realistic and varied, and the locals all have stories of their own. The fact that I can create any character I want makes each playthrough unique, and adds a lot to the experience.

Whats your favorite TES game? Skyrim. The others are good, but Skyrim was my first, what can I say?

Whats your Favorite TES Race? Argonians. Always has, always will.

Skooma or no Skooma? Skooma of course. YOLO.

• 1441 posts
    April 19, 2016 2:33 PM EDT
    • How Long have you Played TES games? It began in mid 2010, when I first got Oblivion
    • What do you like most of TES As a Whole? The lore, and buildability
    • Whats your favorite TES game? Either Skyrim or Morrowind
    • Whats your Favorite TES Race? Breton, of course. 
    • Skooma or no Skooma? No 
    • 393 posts
    April 19, 2016 2:55 PM EDT

Since July. It's going to be a year soon))

It's easier to say what I don't like. It's that TES VI isn't yet announced.

If Morrowind had better graphics and I wasn't such a graphic maniac, it probably would be Morrowind. But as it is, Skyrim.

Is there any doubts? Altmer)

Skooma or no Skooma?

Skooma is illegal)

• 457 posts
    April 19, 2016 10:31 PM EDT

I'm a latecomer... Oblivion 2009

I really enjoy the lore the Elder Scrolls series provides the readers; there's a lot to work with, but enough gaps to allow a little wiggle-room for roleplay if you feel so inclined (I usually do :D)

Skyrim... hands down! I've squeezed more enjoyment out of this game than any other game I've ever played, though to be honest, the folks here have been a large part of that happening.

Dunmer! My mandatory first-playthrough/go-to race. Again, the blog is largely responsible for closing that gap somewhat, AND for getting me to play (and thoroughly enjoy) the beast races.

Skooma or no Skooma?

Crusadingly anti-skooma... just say 'No', kids! xD

• 59 posts
    April 19, 2016 11:34 PM EDT
    • How Long have you Played TES games? since 2012. only played skyrim and a little oblivion
    • What do you like most of TES As a Whole? Creating characters and picking perks
    • Whats your favorite TES game? skyrim
    • Whats your Favorite TES Race? khajiit
    • Skooma or no Skooma? hell yah with the skim, sucks in skyrim at least though only stamina, wtf.