Forums » Fallout

Fallout 4 Automatron Trailer: Your impressions?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:17 PM EDT

Automatron is coming to X1, PS4 and PC on March 22nd!

bethesda.net          

We now have a trailer for the first Fallout 4 DLC: Automatron! It was brought to the site by Mirric, and he also posted a deeper analysis of the trailer on our videos section if you're interested.

It confirms Fallout 3's "The Mechanist" as the antagonist of the new quest line, and gives us a quick look at how robot crafting will look like. As it is usual in Bethesda games, it seems we have been given loads of freedom on how we choose to build our not-so-shiny new tin companions!

So what are your thoughts? Remember, Paul has a Fallout Lore Article about Automatron!

•  Are you excited for the DLC?
    •  Will you buy it? Did you already get it with the Season Pass?
    •  How do you feel about the new robot crafting mechanic? Do you think we'll be able to put robots as guards in our settlements? What are your expectations?
    •  Did you take this trailer as a good indicative to what Bethesda has in store for Fallout 4?
    •  Will this DLC coupled with Survival Mode get you back into Fallout 4? Or will you wait for further additions?

• 133 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:28 PM EDT

You're damn right I am! If it has as much crafting potential as it looks like, then I'll be spending hours with it.

Buying it straight up. I morally refuse to buy a single season pass for any game.

•  How do you feel about the new robot crafting mechanic? Do you think we'll be able to put robots as guards in our settlements? What are your expectations?

It looks like an amazing feature! And yes, I do think that there'll be craftable robot guards, because BethSoft won't let themselves be beaten by modders on everything. I think that the quest itself may end up being quite forgettable, but the crafting will be hours of entertainment.

•  Did you take this trailer as an indicative to you regarding the future plans Bethesda has in store for Fallout 4? 

Not really sure what this question means, so I'll just say yes.

•  Will this DLC coupled with Survival Mode get you back into Fallout 4? Or will you wait for further additions? 

Just one or the other would have gotten me back into F4, but the two of them together has it looking like I'll be playing this game quite often again.

• 1441 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:31 PM EDT

Yes, yes, but I don't have the pass, excited, and perhaps, yes and I am still in love with F04, and seeing a perhaps new Mechanist, brings back fond memories of the first time I discovered Canterbury Commons

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:34 PM EDT

Most importantly, take a look at this:

This guy is so hired to be a nanny for my kids once we get a Hearthfire-like DLC.

And I really don't want to face that thing at 0:45...

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:39 PM EDT

Did you take this trailer as an indicative to you regarding the future plans Bethesda has in store for Fallout 4? 

Not really sure what this question means, so I'll just say yes.

Apologies, I edited my question to a better state, hopefully!

• 1441 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:49 PM EDT

I'm gonna him 'im Vickie

• 248 posts
    March 14, 2016 10:08 PM EDT

Def hyped...I mentioned this elsewhere but it's worth repeating, My hope when this was first announced, was that I wanted a robust customization experience and based on the variety shown in the trailer, I'm happy.

It will be interesting to see the sort of interactions you can have with the robots you build. It seems that from the video they will be voiced? Did you catch the "you see junk I see the building blocks of life, mine in particular" unique voice? Hyped

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    March 14, 2016 10:16 PM EDT

Aye, I can't quite remember where I read it, but I'm pretty confident that you can choose the voice your robotic creations will have.

• 404 posts
    March 14, 2016 11:13 PM EDT

I am and it will be my Birthday present. I birthday is the 21st.

• 1595 posts
    March 15, 2016 12:48 AM EDT

Are you excited for the DLC?

Yes. I used to like Robot Wars. because I'm a nerd.

Will you buy it? Did you already get it with the Season Pass?

More than likely I will get it, I do want to get back into Fout again.

How do you feel about the new robot crafting mechanic? Do you think we'll be able to put robots as guards in our settlements? What are your expectations?

I don't really have any expectations. I never played any Fallout dlc before. I played Fallout 3 on PS3 but MS had a exclusivity deal. By the time the DLC landed I had lost interest despite getting a platinum in the game. I moved to 360 at around the same time. So it's like I have no frame of reference.

Did you take this trailer as a good indicative to what Bethesda has in store for Fallout 4?

I guess I do. Crafting is good but Fallout is not the type of game like Skyrim where I can become invested in the character enough to craft for crafting's sake. A game like this needs to give me a payoff and I think this dlc will deliver.

Will this DLC coupled with Survival Mode get you back into Fallout 4? Or will you wait for further additions?

I hope it will. In fact, I am off to play right now in preparation...

• 1217 posts
    March 15, 2016 12:38 PM EDT
    Yep, more so now that there's a more concrete feeling that it's more than just killing robots.

I'm on the Season Pass, so yeah.

How do you feel about the new robot crafting mechanic?
    Could be interesting. My only hang up is that feels targeted at only one archetype of characters. Like a Skyrim DLC that just adds content for mages.

Do you think we'll be able to put robots as guards in our settlements? What are your expectations?
    I am just looking forward to seeing the new weapons.

Did you take this trailer as a good indicative to what Bethesda has in store for Fallout 4?
    Yeah, I'd say so.

Will this DLC coupled with Survival Mode get you back into Fallout 4? Or will you wait for further additions?
    I haven't exactly left, but this will get me more engaged than I have been since launch.
    • 411 posts
    March 15, 2016 12:51 PM EDT
    HELL FUCKIN YEAH!

I have aquired a season pass when i Pre Ordered fallout 4

How do you feel about the new robot crafting mechanic? Do you think we'll be able to put robots as guards in our settlements? What are your expectations?
    I have a feeling robots will be like any other follower so yes. Also i have a feeling you could have only one

Yes

I created a Character specificly for Automatron and will create a build for Survival mode.
    • 1 posts
    March 15, 2016 8:34 PM EDT

I just love the robot voices in this game.

"You see junk. I see the building blocks of life. Mine in particular."

• 47 posts
    March 16, 2016 1:29 PM EDT
    • Are you excited for the DLC? No
    •  Will you buy it? Did you already get it with the Season Pass? No
    •  How do you feel about the new robot crafting mechanic? Do you think we'll be able to put robots as guards in our settlements? What are your expectations? No expectations. I like stealth based characters who use Pickman`s Blade or Deliverer  and a robot is to noisy. Settlements look better with turrets on high enough places to get ``bad guys`` in crossfire.
    •  Did you take this trailer as a good indicative to what Bethesda has in store for Fallout 4? No
    •  Will this DLC coupled with Survival Mode get you back into Fallout 4? Or will you wait for further additions? Nope. The game should have all this in day one. I`m not going to spend any money on DLC.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    March 16, 2016 10:03 PM EDT

Nope. The game should have all this in day one. I`m not going to spend any money on DLC.

I could see that argument working better if the DLC was released, what, two weeks after? I'm not on board, but I can understand those who dislike the DLC practice. We gamers have had some bad experiences with it, but Bethesda, with the exception of Horse Armour, has a good history of releasing worthy content after the release of the main game.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    March 17, 2016 9:41 PM EDT

Some juicy news: Fallout 4 is only playable with a level 15 character or higher. Here's Bethesda's twitter announcement: https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/710481294199820288

• 207 posts
    March 18, 2016 7:30 PM EDT
      A bit. Caused me to play FO4 again.
      Season Pass, hell yeah.
      Hell, I hope so. Though there will probably be a limit on how many Robot-Guards you can habe.
    •  Did you take this trailer as a good indicative to what Bethesda has in store for Fallout 4?
      No, I don't think so.
      I don't really play survival mode.

Though doesn't seem to be focused on it, I hope because there is a new Quest, that there will be new armors and weapons. Maybe even my lovely chainsaw. Or at least new mods for weapons (because melee/unarmed reaaaaally needs them).

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 8, 2016 4:55 PM EDT

Testing.