Forums » Elder Scrolls

Delphine The Greatest Grandmaster

• 321 posts
    March 13, 2016 8:22 AM EDT

Wouldn't exactly call Tiber Septim benevolent. Remember the Numidium?

• 273 posts
    March 13, 2016 8:25 AM EDT

Numidium + CHIM + Silver Tongued = OP

• 273 posts
    March 13, 2016 8:28 AM EDT

I literally gave my blood to open your headquarters and you now want me to kill the guy that let me fulfill my destiny in the first place.

Why I dislike Delphine.

• 393 posts
    March 13, 2016 8:29 AM EDT

Tiber Septim? Benevolent ruler? Whoa! Bloodthirsty treacherous msn willing to do anything for power, that's more like him. Even without the Numidium.

• 273 posts
    March 13, 2016 8:31 AM EDT

That's only one side of the story, remember the Dragon Break fucks the timelines up.

• 393 posts
    March 13, 2016 8:35 AM EDT

Whatever would the story, in any version he is an asshole in one way at least. And he didn't change in the slightest even after achieving CHIM, which mean that he's an asshole anyway.

I don't say he was the worst emperor (most likely there were worse ones), but he's definitely not the person to follow, much less worship.

• 273 posts
    March 13, 2016 8:39 AM EDT

He's an asshole for conquering Tamriel and uniting the provinces? I don't see your logic here.

• 393 posts
    March 13, 2016 8:45 AM EDT

No, he is sn asshole for other, more personal things he did. Conquering Tamriel is the big picture, it's the small things that show what kind of person he was.

• 273 posts
    March 13, 2016 9:13 AM EDT

One could argue that Trinimac was a murderous asshole, he was the Aldmeri God of War.

• 393 posts
    March 13, 2016 11:46 AM EDT

Killing by itself doesn't mean one's an asshole. It's more about why one kills. There's no data about Trinimac betraying someone or killing for power, so that's not a good example.

• 1595 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:12 PM EDT

Conversely, if the LDB refuses to help the Blades he she is throwing away some of the best dragon slaying buffs in the game along with the support of those who would make the job considerably easier. All the onus is put on Delphine but the reality is that the LD should be equally accountable.

• 1595 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:16 PM EDT

She made the Thalmor look stupid for 30 years and now has a very solid and defensible base of operations. Even if the Dominion discovered them, what forces can they bring to bear against Sky Haven so deep in hostile territory?

• 1483 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:16 PM EDT

Except, unlike Delphine, the Dragonborn has other options for help like the Companions, the Empire/Stormcloaks, Dawnguard/Volkihar vampires, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild  He can allow himself to dismiss the help of two members of a long-extinct faction 

• 1595 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:28 PM EDT

It's senseless though Vaz  Why would TLD throw away the help of the people who can offer the most help because he/she refuses to kill a dragon when killing dragons is his/her only job?

• 393 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:31 PM EDT

She made them look stupid because she was alone. They probably sent groups of 2-3 low-ranked dudes after her. If they send a little army, she and Esbern won't last long even in Sky Haven.

• 1595 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:32 PM EDT

A little army of Old Mary soldiers is going to find themselves in very deep snow in Skyrim, hostile territory as it is.

• 1483 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:44 PM EDT

Well, for one, Paarthurnax proved himself an ally and a valuable source of information. I've probably mentioned this before - Blades inclusion in the main questline is unnecessary. The only thing they do to advance towards the goal of defeating Alduin is to explain the Alduin's Wall after which you again, go to Greybeards and Paarthurnax for information about the Dragonrend. 

Compare

Blades - send Dragonborn to fight a regular dragon for no other reason but to prove his powers, send him to infiltrate Thalmor headquarters

Paarthurnax - provides information about Alduin and the time wound, actually helps you fight Alduin

Both can provide the same shout to summon Odahviing. 

Overall, dealing with Blades only leads to trouble whereas dealing with Paarthurnax actually advances you towards the goal of defeating Alduin. 

• 393 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:45 PM EDT

They can wait for summer)))

Anyway, even if Delphine and Esbern manage to survive there for some time, they can't do anything from there, only sit there and catch a stray deer sometimes so they won't starve. It's no better than Delphine's inn. This way they are not Blades anymore, just a pair of old people. They definitely cn't fight either the Thalmor or dragons alone.

And as for tnhat killing dragons is the DB's job... it's your opinion. Maybe the DB thinks otherwise? Maybe s/he thinks that now that Alduin is dead s/he can go smoke skooma in Elsweyr?)))

• 1595 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:48 PM EDT

The Alduin's Wall thing is a critical moment, the first time you really find out what is actually going on. The Greybeards get all mad at you for finding out info and discovering the prophecy because up until that moment they refuse to tell you anything. I'd argue the Blades actually do more to help TLD than the Greybeards do until you meet old Paarthy. That's when things get complicated.

• 1595 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:51 PM EDT

They can wait for summer)))

And as for tnhat killing dragons is the DB's job... it's your opinion. Maybe the DB thinks otherwise? Maybe s/he thinks that now that Alduin is dead s/he can go smoke skooma in Elsweyr?)))

Opinion? Nay, fact. TLD can turn away from his/her destiny, true, but that is like a Jesus refusing to Jeez.

• 1441 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:56 PM EDT

Jesus refusing to Jeez. ;)

Funny enough, I´ve been thinking of remaking Jesus several times in Skyrim

• 393 posts
    March 13, 2016 5:07 PM EDT

TLD can have his own plans. Maybe he wants to make his own army of dragons like Overhate said? Or maybe after killing Alduin he leaves the rest of dragons to Paarthurnax to deal with? Or even maybe he's like my DB, supports the Dominion? (in this case I really don't envy Delphine).

• 1595 posts
    March 13, 2016 5:09 PM EDT

Or even maybe he's like my DB, supports the Dominion? (in this case I really don't envy Delphine).

A shocking revelation

• 1595 posts
    March 13, 2016 5:10 PM EDT

want me to kill the guy that let me fulfill my destiny in the first place.

Guy? Anthropomorphise much?

• 1483 posts
    March 13, 2016 5:15 PM EDT

Greybeards teach you to use the Voice. Gameplay aside (where you are a master after pressing the button the first time) these things require time, even for the Dragonborn.

Regardless, Delphine orders the Dragonborn to kill a source of information on Alduin, someone who knows his weaknesses and tactics, simply because of vengeance. A good leader would've swallowed his personal vendetta in the face of a greater threat. Observe