Forums » Fallout

Bethesda Announce 3 New DLC's For Fallout 4

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 17, 2016 1:59 PM EST

Doubt it, they'll likely be showing some gameplay and perhaps a minor project for its new studio or something. I'm hoping we won't hear a thing about TES VI for a long time. Bethesda needs a lot of time to make it the grand game of the decade it deserves to be. They should probably really revamp or make a new engine for it too.

• 1467 posts
    February 17, 2016 3:09 PM EST

Nope, I haven't been interested in the Main Game story or any of the factions, or side quests, so I doubt they did anything radical enough to make me enjoy a  huge landmass.

• 1441 posts
    February 17, 2016 3:15 PM EST

What don't you like about the factions or side questions DB?

• 1467 posts
    February 17, 2016 3:36 PM EST

They're dull, simply put, they were a step down from Fallout 3/NV, and Skyrim (which was a step down from Oblivion, which was a step down from Morrowind). 

They tore out the idea of being able to get straight into the action (which admittedly, wasn't really big in New Vegas or 3, but it was better, and the quests were at least mostly interesting.), I feel like Bethesda set up a couple 'big missions' and then decided to fill them up with so many misc quests that they ruined the first two factions you can encounter. I don't know who thought the structure of the Minutemen Quests, or the idea of quest-locking most of the BoS behind the main quest was a good idea, but it just meant you were left with boring quests.

Not to mention, they all got Fallout 4'd, or turned from the semi-serious feel that 3 and NV had, into the completely serious tone of Fallout 4. The only enjoyable quest I was apart of, was helping out Strong and that dude who isn't memorable enough to get a name.

• 641 posts
    February 17, 2016 4:08 PM EST

I hope the survival mode is really brutal.

• 1467 posts
    February 17, 2016 5:15 PM EST

Ah, I don't think I'd seen the AUS pricing, but crap, $17 for a DLC that adds Robots and (what I can assume) a small questline. I really don't know if I can justify that, or the Season Pass, if it's going to be $50 USD, I really don't want to know how much it'll cost AUS. (This is considering I won't have the money pre-March 1st).

I think I'll just wait for their Legendary Edition (or whatever the equivalent will be) before playing the DLC...I'll be able to justify that purchase a hell of a lot more than the Season Pass. 

• 627 posts
    February 17, 2016 5:19 PM EST

It's going to be increased to about $70 AUD so almost the price of another game 

• 1467 posts
    February 17, 2016 5:21 PM EST

Haha, yeah screw that, I'll just get the whole package in two years if I like what I see. 

• 47 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:16 AM EST

Fallout 4 is a nice game, but not enough to invest more money in ``things`` that should be in the game already. I know that DLC are the RAGE in this age and companies want to milk the customers dry ... still, I rather invest in other games.

• 1441 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:22 AM EST

Still, if thet add more DLC like Dawnguard for ES and Far Shores, albeit for the usual 20 instead of 24, I'd be down

• February 18, 2016 2:49 AM EST

Capture things?!

I am so capturing ghouls, raiders, and deathclaws, amongst other oddities, and making Spectacle Island my twisted isle of fun. Research will include, but not be limited to, the process of a ghoul's descent into madness; bioweapons designed for highly irradiated fluid, like a ghoul's blood, for example; the domestication of deathclaws; effects of varying amounts of radiation on human subjects; and biological engineering, courtesy of borrowed Institute technology.

I just might write/type a fanfic about some of this stuff.