Forums » Fallout

Bethesda Announce 3 New DLC's For Fallout 4

• 641 posts
    February 16, 2016 11:59 AM EST

Bethesda have announced 3 new Fallout 4 Add-Ons. 

Automatron
    Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 AUD
    Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland WorkshopPrice: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $7.95 AUDRelease: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Far HarborPrice: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUDRelease: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

Bethesda have also announced that they have a lot more DLC planned for the game and so will be raising the price of the Season Pass starting from March 1st. They will also be launching a closed beta that you can sign up for on Bethesda.net.

So what is everybodies thoughts?

• 1217 posts
    February 16, 2016 12:09 PM EST
    I'm glad to hear it's coming, but haven't decided yet if I'm really excited about it. Robot companions and settlement upgrades are cool, but I kinda wish we were getting something to improve our characters first. Far Harbor sounds pretty interesting. I'm wondering if "higher-level" just means better, or what. There isn't a level cap to raise or anything, but I still hope there'll be new perks on the horizon. I'm also curious how/if Far Harbor's settlements will work alongside the Commonwealth's.

This totals $40, which is the minimum they promised at announcement. $60 of DLC would leave room for maybe one more expansion sized one. Guess I've got the rest of the month to decide.
    • 641 posts
    February 16, 2016 12:10 PM EST

WHat kind of character upgrades would you be looking for?

• 1217 posts
    February 16, 2016 12:24 PM EST
    I was hoping for an "armory" type expansion with new weapons, armor, and outfits. My pipe dream is just a system for recoloring stuff. That alone would be a DLC I'd pay for. A DLC for robots is awesome, if you like robots. But at least it looks like there's a storyline.
    • 207 posts
    February 16, 2016 12:46 PM EST

So you want to make something like this?

• 207 posts
    February 16, 2016 12:50 PM EST

I want a chainsaw, and I hope they'll add it. And if they don't give me a Big F***ing Ripper i would be very pleased if they give me a melee weapon thats better than Kremvhs Tooth.

The Automatron DLC sounds like a combination of Hearthfire and Borderlands 2 s one quest dlc's. I hope you can use the robots you build to protect your settlements. Without using the settler limit.

I think with the Wasteland Workshop I will use an empty settlement to make a little prison city where I imprison raiders and use them to sooth my characters inner psychopath.

• 411 posts
    February 16, 2016 12:52 PM EST
    *creates scientist character*
    • 641 posts
    February 16, 2016 12:58 PM EST

Well there is new armor and whatnot in the Far Shores DLC and they did say they would be adding free updates like the Survival Mode over time so maybe they could add recolouring stuff at some point. That's what they did for ESO.

• 490 posts
    February 16, 2016 1:24 PM EST
    With the new and improved survival mode and new DLC coming I think I want to dive back in a little bit with a realistic playthrough... Looking forward to this new stuff!
    • 773 posts
    February 16, 2016 1:36 PM EST

I think it was obvious that some sort of Workshop DLC was coming, so I'm OK with that. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if we got another one down the line.

The Automatron DLC is a bit left-field, although when you think about how you can somewhat control those robots now and send them off on patrol, it's probably not that much work for them to do this. This could herald the idea of playing a scientist / engineer type build

The new landmass? Well, time will tell how it plays out, but it looks promising, and if it really is the biggest landmass i.e bigger than Shivering Isles or Dragonborn, then its going to be massive.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 16, 2016 1:42 PM EST

Shit, I better get this before they raise the price. It's already pretty salty here in Brazil, imagine once they raise it.

And I was planning for my only extra expense this month to be my pre-order for Total War: Warhammer... Oh well. My only fear is there won't be enough time to play games like Fallout 4 properly. Luckily games like Total War is a thing!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 16, 2016 1:55 PM EST

By the way, I loved the art they used for the "Automatron" DLC. It's really good!

• 622 posts
    February 16, 2016 1:59 PM EST

Yes yes and yes! I am so excited for all of these 

• 1217 posts
    February 16, 2016 2:00 PM EST
    Super yes.
    • 739 posts
    February 16, 2016 2:01 PM EST

I'm definitely liking your idea of re-coloring stuff Boro, that was my pipe dream back in Skyrim and it definitely remains my dream for Fallout 4, I don't get why it's so hard for them to integrate a color slider for equipment, they can do it for faces and hair......even if they only gave you four or five color options it would be a start.

I'd like them to thicken out the mod list for power armor a little more, a standard jump assist would be a nice fun mod (jump 3X higher), underwater breathing would be a practical option for those without aqua boy, shoulder mounted turrets or lasers!  A couple more suits to choose from would also be nice but I suspect we'll get those in due course...I'd like something less chunky and more streamlined...

• 739 posts
    February 16, 2016 2:22 PM EST

Automatron sounds like a fun one! Especially now that the Robotics Expert perk has been patched up so well! I like the sound of a robo-panion but will it replace your current companion?

Settlement Building isn't something i'm that into but I do like the sound of taming some beauties to tear shit up for me! Opens up some new character options to build like a guy who just runs around with a Syringer and a pair of Stingwings lancing people in the butt! ACE!

Far Harbor just sounds awesome! New factions to play with that I assume will have nothing to do with choosing from the main three as part of the main quest! Sounds a little like Dragonborn with you having to have at least rescued Nick to even start it off. I want some new guns and outfits! 

• 1217 posts
    February 16, 2016 2:43 PM EST

Agreed, agreed, agreed, 100% Honestly, the more I think about it the more I wonder why a color-slider style implementation isn't just standard fare in single player RPGs. I can't think of any way that would negatively impact a game. Maybe devs would just rather rely on modders for that kind of thing.

A couple "new"suits of power armor would be AMAZING, and definitely with a handful of fun new mods. They could simply be newly rediscovered pre-war prototypes, or hell, we've now got the Institute at the cutting edge of tech, so there's no lore reason brand new armor designs can't be around.

• 641 posts
    February 16, 2016 3:50 PM EST

Stealth suit! 

• 229 posts
    February 16, 2016 9:08 PM EST

So, is anybody else wondering whether or not the Mechanist is related to the one in Fallout 3 in some way?

• 1441 posts
    February 16, 2016 9:17 PM EST

Perhaps it is, or maybe someone else inspired by the character. Or what if, its the original actor for the Mechanist, now a deluded Ghoul

• 1467 posts
    February 16, 2016 9:33 PM EST

HA Yes, the first two are the only ones that interest me but ROBOT COMPANIONS and being able to train Animals.. Sign me straight up for this. Combined with Hardcore Mode, the DLC might temporarily get me into Fallout 4, then we'll just have to see what the modding community will give Console Players

• 229 posts
    February 16, 2016 9:52 PM EST

You aren't at all interested in the huge landmass with a new story?

• 288 posts
    February 17, 2016 2:36 AM EST

Hardly excited, tbh. I may check them at one point for the story but in general I think I'm mostly done with this game.

• 641 posts
    February 17, 2016 1:51 PM EST

So my big question is... if Beth are info-dumping all their DLC plans now, what the hell are they they going to be showing at there E3 conference? Beth only do stuff like that when they something big to show and DOOM and Dishonored 2 aren't enough imo. 

• 1441 posts
    February 17, 2016 1:52 PM EST

They kind of are, and hmm, perhaps a new project? Like TES VI?