Forums » The Lounge

The Dibellan Rites

• 739 posts
    February 13, 2016 7:22 AM EST

• 367 posts
    February 13, 2016 7:29 AM EST

You know, I can't help but picture the dog being a black wolf and the girl having three dark olive stripes across her face.

You up for the chalange Mason?

• 739 posts
    February 13, 2016 7:39 AM EST

Ha!

Not sure I can create something smutty on time for valentines! Not even bought her a card yet so if she spots me cut/copy/pasting breasts on the internet I imagine she's going to make life hard for me...

• 367 posts
    February 13, 2016 7:46 AM EST

We'll just blame Phil  All this was his idea afer all.

• 295 posts
    February 13, 2016 1:03 PM EST
    He's just so beautiful.
    • 649 posts
    February 13, 2016 1:04 PM EST

I think you said "adorable" the last time you saw it 

• 295 posts
    February 13, 2016 1:18 PM EST
    That too. I just want to hold his hand and the two of us will then go skipping in a field of yellow daisies, nimbly avoiding the severed heads of the bandits we've just vanquished.
    • 237 posts
    February 13, 2016 4:45 PM EST

The last time I played Librari as a character, he kept Brelyna around as extra firepower while trying to get Prowler's Profit as early as possible (23 stones before level 10, then Masque to sell crap in order to afford Proudspire).  Somehow in the process of running around in all these caves, I got roped into doing The Book of Love, and when you combine that with helping Fjori and Holgeir out, I felt like Librari and Brelyna would have been holding hands watching the ghost lovers go up into the sky later out on the Whiterun tundra.  I'd done so few favor quests that only one guest showed up to the wedding, but I didn't even care.

That's about all I've got for Skyrim romance.  Arche has this whole unrequited love for Farengar thing going on, but I usually settle for Vorstag because he's a good silver medal.

• 295 posts
    February 13, 2016 5:08 PM EST

Mine was up last night, but I forgots to put it here. 

Fe-angua Falcaex

Lol, it looks like a title for a messed up spell book, not a love poem. 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 13, 2016 8:22 PM EST

I see. I was wondering if that was an expression unknown to me.

My favourite? Dogmeat, certainly. But I find the Strong card to be the funniest... Oh, who am I kidding. My favourite is Maxson and his "harder than steel" line.

• 321 posts
    February 13, 2016 9:26 PM EST

Finished my contribution for this discussion. I think i'm the only one here who went for the short story approach.

Night of Lovers

Now if you excuse me, I need to listening to some hard rock/rock tunes because I got emotional when doing this (kinda).

• 87 posts
    February 13, 2016 9:30 PM EST

Gave mine earlier today. I hope it lives up to people's standards.

A Certain Shine

• 411 posts
    February 13, 2016 10:09 PM EST

Lady Killer: A story from the Evergreen Wasteland is my contribution for the Dibellan Rites.

• 95 posts
    February 13, 2016 10:50 PM EST

I suppose I'll do a poem or something....

*adds poem to list of four other things I've promised to do but haven't finished yet*

• 367 posts
    February 14, 2016 3:39 AM EST

Here's the link for Lissette's contribution.

Fe-angua Falcaex (My Promise) - A Poem in Altmeris, featured in Str...

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:21 AM EST

If I said I was eager for Tae's sweet love would anyone doubt it?  Tae, show us those sexy shots!

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:22 AM EST

It's just so subtle  I think I might try my luck with the line later and see what happens.

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:26 AM EST

Wow, Sotek, that scene is very arousing well written and tasteful.

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:26 AM EST

That's the stuff Mason, knew I could count on you

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:27 AM EST

I'd like a bit of Brelyna too

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:18 AM EST

I wish I had time to prepare something better for the day but I must go to bed. Before I do I wanted to share this bit of naughtiness. Warning, this post contains no pictures. Please feel free to imagine your own.

This is from the 36 Lessons of Vivec and, depending on how reliable you deem the source to be, may reveal an insight into the sexual habits of the Dunmer people:

So Vivec, who had a grain of Ayem's mercy, set about to teach Molag Bal in the ways of belly-magic. They took their spears out and compared them. Vivec bit new words onto the King of Rape's so that it might give more than ruin to the uninitiated. This has since become a forbidden ritual, though people still practice it in secret.

The second bit of Dunmeri eroticism I wanted to highlight on this most blessed of days is this, also from the Sermons:

The citizenry of Vivec screamed as they saw a shooting star come down out of the sky hole like a toll-road of hell. But Vivec merely raised his hand and froze Lie Rock just above the city and then he pierced the monster with Muatra.

(The practice of piercing the Second Aperture is now forbidden.)

So next time you meet a Dunmer and are annoyed by his gloomy, ill-favoured and dark personality, have a care to reflect on the societal pressures that have made him so and ask yourself, wouldn't you be too?

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:34 AM EST

To stay topical here is another of a number of things I wanted to share on this most romantic of days. It is a book added by ESO's Orsinium DLC called Orcs and Their Tusks. It basically makes the point that for an Orc the tusk is a symbol of their "pride" and is often used euphemistically as such. Tusk is also used instead of a popular expletive. "Tusk you", "go tusk yourself" and "who gives a tusk" are widely used in Orsimer society as insults or bants.

The association with the unique male anatomy is also very apparent: "Better than a kick in the tusks" is a saying one might use when experiencing something less disagreeable than another similar experience. Further, the book mentions that orcs are "constantly polishing or sharpening the damn things, they're studying them in whatever reflective surface is at hand or looking longingly at the tusks of their neighbors. And when they're not doing these things, they're talking about their tusks like they were royal heirlooms or ancient relics that were almost magical in nature."

It makes one wonder at how far this association goes. I mean, tusk rot must be a far worse thing in their culture than gum disease is in ours. What about the aging process? When one's tusks fall out does it mean their sex life is over? Is that the real reason the Old Orc was looking for a good death? We have sussed you, you sly old dog!

But what of the lady Orcs? I wonder why we didn't see an old female undergoing the same sort of suicide by monster. Could it be that a tuskless female is valued more highly in Orsimer life than a tuskless male? I wonder why...

• 295 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:43 AM EST

First, it's Molag Bal and Vivec comparing spears and now Orcs and their tusks. 

The awesome thing is that this is serious stuff. I think we tend to underestimate the sexuality in the Elderscrolls world. 

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:46 AM EST

I wonder how they (whoever forbids all these things) planned to check if people obey)))

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:48 AM EST

The females know better than making themselves look silly in such a way)))