Forums » General Gaming

FTL: Faster Than Light

• 268 posts
    January 30, 2016 9:31 AM EST

FTL-Wallpaper

Anybody else on the blog play this? It's a cool little roguelike that can be bought on either iPad or PC. You get to man a spaceship and experience a variety of encounters, including some very tense, edge-of-your-seat combat! Helluva lot of fun, and an absolute steal on IOS (I picked it up for £7). 

I'm sure plenty of people on here enjoy roguelikes, and if you do you're bound to like FTL!

And if you have played it, let's get talking about it! I'm absolutely in love with this game right now, and I'm really struggling to play anything else! I can't imagine how fun it would be on PC with all the mods out there as well...

• 277 posts
    January 30, 2016 9:40 AM EST

I don't know what roguelike means but I'm a fan of science fiction so I'll check this out. Thanks!

• 268 posts
    January 30, 2016 9:58 AM EST

I'm not quite sure of its origins, but roguelike means a game which is turn based, strategic, procedurally generated and when you die, there's no checkpoints, you have to start again. 

Any science fiction fan will love this. You get to captain your own ship and really channel your own James Kirk.

• 1441 posts
    January 30, 2016 11:50 AM EST

i love this game. I once made a crew based on me and my friends....we didn't last long

• 700 posts
    January 30, 2016 1:03 PM EST

Is it anything like Tharsis? I've been watching quite a bit of gameplay for that and from what I've gathered, they seem similar.