Forums » The Lounge

Future Talk: Gaming

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 27, 2016 3:16 PM EST

Hey all, following up on my  planned series of posts aiming to discuss the many aspects of our future, what you wish of it and what you see happening in it, this week we'll be talking about something crucial to all of us: gaming.

By Dan Bull

It is truly amazing to see how far digital gaming technology has come, and I can only imagine how it must feel for those of us who have been around longer to see it develop and rise from the scratch. Before we begin, remember that while the focus of this discussion is the future, we are still pretty much living the future. So, pick a topic (or more) and let's talk about...

•  How much has changed since you started playing digital games? What amazes you more?

•  How do you imagine gaming to be like in the future? How do you want it to be like?

•  Is there any announced gaming technology that you know of and are looking forward to?

•  Do you see yourself still playing games in the future, long-term speaking?

•  Do you think we'll eventually develop "alternate reality machines", with actual feelings, emotions and dangers, an actual second life - like the ones in Vault 112, in Fallout 3? Would you use it?

Previous topic: What are you expecting this year?

Upcoming topic: Synths!

• 1441 posts
    January 27, 2016 3:20 PM EST

Probably virtual reality, maybe home vesions of the Oculas Rift, yes, I do, since that will be my career, game design. And possibly, kind of like SAO, minus dying if we remove it 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 27, 2016 3:38 PM EST

I haven't had the chance to test Oculus Rift yet, so I can't talk about it. I thought it was supposed to be used at home, no? Have you ever used it?

• 1441 posts
    January 27, 2016 3:39 PM EST

No, don't have the money, but I want to

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    January 30, 2016 9:43 PM EST

Just looked at Oculus' price here, it is pretty salty. Won't even convert it to Reais, it will just be too absurd. Better to just wait and let the market do its job.