Forums » Fallout

The Brotherhood of Steel under Maxson

• 1441 posts
    January 23, 2016 2:21 AM EST

That is true Axius, at least they didn't give candy to Falmer children and none of said children called any Tonal Architects uncle....

• 41 posts
    January 23, 2016 2:34 AM EST
    Amusingly I explained that to someone earlier.

For it saw something about Gavrilo and my friend said he thought the Germans started ww1... Told him that's exactly how ww2 happened, lol.
    • 1441 posts
    January 23, 2016 2:41 AM EST

Hell, if things had turned out differently without all the Alliances, then it would have just been Austria-Hungary vs Serbia, and maybe Hitler could have been a resopected artist

Its also interesting he spared a few Jews, like a doctor that had tried to save his mom, who he had a shrine built to, life. So, he wasn't completely without humanity.

• 12 posts
    January 23, 2016 3:32 AM EST
    I totally agree!

The Brotherhood's biggest downfall is technology, whereas it's the Institutes greatest achievement. I love the institute because everyone seems to assume they are bad, that they do bad things, almost like they have been brainwashed to think so. However, once you delve deeper, they do MOSTLY want what is right from the Commonwealth. They have done some very shady things, like the FEV Lab within their base. Which I am still uneasy about.. I was entirely blown away when I first stepped through the doors of the Insititue. I was a die hard Brotherhood Knight. But what they have accomplished underground, is astonishing, but to think what they could do above ground for the people is incredible. Hopefully Bethesda does something more with the Factions. I'd be interested in seeing what the Institute could do or our beloved Commonwealth. :)

But all in all, I still like the Brotherhood, I will have anothe playthrough based around them. Purely because it does make you feel like you are apart or something bigger then yourself. And I enjoy that, almost like your a cog in a large machine.. Grinding away to make the world a better place (despite the fact that deep down, I feel the BoS would sooner destroy whatever is left, rather then save it).
    • 288 posts
    January 23, 2016 3:37 AM EST

To be honest, once I got to the Institute and got familiar with them, I no longer see them as villains. Ultimately they are idealists who sometimes do nasty things but for "a greater good". And to be honest, the "greater good" of the Institute bodes the best future for humanity in the region as a whole than the "greater good" of the Brotherhood or other factions for that matter.

• 12 posts
    January 23, 2016 5:22 AM EST
    Exactly, The Institute are what I see as "the good guys". They are indeed the best hope for humanity, they've already proven the extent of their technology.. Look at Kellog, they prolonged his life, drastically. They are able to grow produce from practically nothing, produce a far more superior form of robotics and loads of other things. They are quite amazing really..

But that's enough about the Institute and their glorious accomplishments. Perhaps someone should start an Insititue discussion. Hahaha
    • 207 posts
    January 23, 2016 1:18 PM EST

Still, they create sentient machines (though this might be debateable) and exchange them with people from the commonwealth.

• 1441 posts
    January 23, 2016 1:34 PM EST

Well, the Minutemen are trying to get the Commonwealth to form a coaltion and a stable-ish government

• January 30, 2016 11:43 PM EST

The interesting discussions about what it means to be a human aside, there are valid reasons to consider the Institute bad: those fools created sapient - and most importantly, self-interested - beings who are physically superior to humans, and can reproduce without them.

• January 31, 2016 12:19 AM EST

I don't remember any evidence that synths could in any way "reproduce" themselves. They're not fertile; the only way to make a synth is to put it together piece-by-piece.

• 1441 posts
    January 31, 2016 12:23 AM EST

Yeah, we don't know if they have functioning reproductive organs. The synths, even gen 3 ones, aren't clones

• January 31, 2016 12:30 AM EST

It's a really interesting question, and one that actually affected my calculus when I was weighing whether to support the Institute. Destroying them may help the synths in the short run, but if you're cutting off the only method for new synths to be created, aren't you essentially committing delayed genocide? Even if they live far longer than humans, the wasteland is a dangerous place. Sooner or later, one by one, they will die out.

I saw temporary servitude, with the hope for reform and advancement as being better than an almost-certain death sentence.

• 1441 posts
    January 31, 2016 12:49 AM EST

Plus, if you become Director, maybe you can swing it around so some Synths will be allowed free will

• 1 posts
    April 21, 2016 10:54 AM EDT

[FALLOUT 4 Brotherhood of Steel spoilers]

ATTENTION GAMERS: If you like the Brotherhood, but don’t like how Elder Maxson runs things, then you have a chance to share your voice. As you may or may not know, fellow gamers named Todd Howard and Larry Goddard Jr has started a petition for Bethesda to finish and release the *cut Brotherhood ending in Fallout 4.* This is a hidden Brotherhood of Steel alternate cut ending based on uncovered audio files where after the exile, there is a conversation with Paladin Danse where you have the option to challenge Elder Maxson’s authority, TAKE HIM OUT and TAKEOVER as the new Elder and commander of the Brotherhood of Steel. Of course, Elder Maxson and his supporters are not gonna go down without a fight, but you have the opportunity to take his place and convince the Brotherhood of Steel to change their ways, revert back to being heroic knights in shining amour and accept Paladin Danse back into the fold, *and of course, get Maxson’s awesome battlecoat.* We know that Paladin Danse is one heck of a soldier, and he shows true heart and loyalty to the Brotherhood. In spite of the flaws, Paladin Danse deserves a chance, and the Brotherhood deserves a chance to redeem themselves. The Commonwealth deserves the chance to see the true side of the Brotherhood, and the Brotherhood deserves better leadership. It’s one thing to have all this tech and firepower, but it’s another thing to have it all go to waste and earn a bad name and reputation because of who is leading and how they lead and use their power. If you want to see this happen, visit the link provided below and support the petition: https://www.change.org/p/todd-howard-bethesda-finish-and-release-th.... For additional information and insight, visit these links here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la3XdD4zHUg, http://moviepilot.com/posts/3673518. The power is in the voice of the gamers, the choice is yours.

• 1441 posts
    April 22, 2016 11:27 AM EDT

I have signed it! Someone post this on the Beth forums! and the Fallout wikis!

• 113 posts
    April 22, 2016 12:31 PM EDT
    Sieg Heil. Love how this turned out from Fallout 4 talk to this xD
    • 1441 posts
    April 22, 2016 12:37 PM EDT

Yup

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    April 22, 2016 1:10 PM EDT

Well this is something... Quite massive. Oh my.

It may have been actually cut, but I'm not sure I buy it. It's quite possible this ends up being a "Broken Steel" sort of add-on, as at some point in the development of the game they suddenly had a bunch of new ideas, and decided this whole concept should be worked on in a better way.

Perhaps a DLC that adds a little something to all factions? Can't say I had enough of the Minutemen.

[Edited your post, Monique, this may end up being seen by a lot of people so I put a spoiler warning at the beginning]