Forums » The Lounge

Game Creators, You Creepy Bunch...

• 1483 posts
    January 7, 2016 4:28 PM EST

^This !! Especially in the monastery... 

Not for the faintest of hearts...

• 1483 posts
    January 7, 2016 4:29 PM EST

Agreed! I would also add the night at the hotel in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth 

• 1441 posts
    January 7, 2016 4:37 PM EST

Oh God Salebridge, I haven't touched the game in awhile, but that was my last mission, and dear God its creepty

• 321 posts
    January 7, 2016 4:41 PM EST

Ahh Bloodborn, I find the bosses there to be way more disturbing than the Souls game. The most disturbing would probably be Blood Crazed Monster, Orphan of Kos (it uses a PLASENTA as a weapon for god sakes) and Moon Presence.

• 273 posts
    January 7, 2016 4:47 PM EST

I'd play Bloodborn if only I used console.... 

• 12 posts
    January 7, 2016 9:59 PM EST

Vault 106. Good god, Vault 106. I don't know how they did it, but I can't stay in there for more than a couple minutes

• January 7, 2016 11:59 PM EST

I'm strongly affected by creepy atmosphere, so the games that tend to scare me most are the ones that involve moving through dark, disturbing areas - especially when there's no enemies around to steal your focus from the surroundings.

That's why I've never gotten more than an hour or so into Bioshock, or Alien: Isolation. I even get a bit wigged out in Skyrim or Fallout 4 when I'm in vaults or other underground dungeons. Actually getting attacked by whatever is usually a relief in those situations.

• 207 posts
    January 8, 2016 7:28 AM EST

After killing the first monkey, cause i thought it will set a bomb of, it became tradition to behead those f*ckers.

• 273 posts
    January 8, 2016 12:59 PM EST

I find that in a lot of games the feeling of being found or hunted is much scarier than actually being caught.

For example, in FNaF (It's a good example, whether you like the series or not) sitting there whilst murderous machines possessed by the souls of dead children are hunting you gives me such a feeling of absolute terror that I close both doors and pray that I don't run out of power, however when I get jumpscared it's nowhere near as bad as the atmosphere was. 

• 43 posts
    January 8, 2016 2:33 PM EST

The Ocean House Hotel from Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, its not as creepy or messed up as some of the other things mentioned (Shalebridge Cradle *Shudder*), but it makes me scared every time with the random flying objects and laughter and the story behind it involves heads in washing machines.

• 1441 posts
    January 8, 2016 2:34 PM EST

Oh that place was friggin creepy, even as a badass Brujah with good weapons, that place freaked me out

• 43 posts
    January 8, 2016 2:40 PM EST

Yep just when you think it all fine a lamp gets thrown at you head of creepy figures turn up or the stair collapses with you on it (that on all always gets me), that hole quest is full of jumpscares.