Forums » Fallout

How many characters have you made?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 13, 2015 3:17 PM EST

Hey all, as some of you may have noticed, Fallout 4 has already turned one month old! In games like this, we inevitably make lots and lots of characters, but how fast do we do it, and exactly how much care do we put in each one of them?  So, tell us..

•  How many characters have you made in one month?
    • Did you play them all equally, or some of them were just to test something or simply for the fun of messing with the character creation tools?
    • How many hours have you clocked in your main character? What about the others?
  • December 13, 2015 3:19 PM EST

I've had four. I made one, got mostly through the Main Quest before restarting.

Played the second one for a while, with what I learned from No. 1, but I eventually got tired of what I was doing.

For my third one, I started with a gun build, but dabbled in some melee and liked it enough to want to do a pure melee build.

That's what I'm on now.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 13, 2015 3:34 PM EST

I have done only two. The first one I did at 5 A.M release day: I made him in a hurry and to try to control the hype beast. That day, I stayed up until midnight, thinking it would release exactly at midnight here in Brazil, but it turned out I had to wait another three hours, one of them was wasted discussing the matter in the Steam Forums, and then I overslept and woke up quite late, realizing I had missed entire TWO hours of fresh Fallout gameplay.

To sum it up, the character turned out to be quite bad, it was just the generic dude, and I played with him until reaching Diamond City, when I felt something was off and had to make a new one, my true first character, with whom I have now completed the MQ.

I have plans for my third and fourth characters, but right now I'm too invested in my Asturias campaign in TWA: Age of Charlemagne to bother, plus  it'll be better to start them once my new GPU arrives (Next week!)... Though I'll likely be grabbing the Witcher trilogy during the Steam Holidays Sale, so it'll be a while until I get back to F4 - not counting the days I'll be out of town...

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 13, 2015 3:37 PM EST

That's a lot of characters until settling in for a definitive one. I fear the day restartitis decides to hit me again...

• 411 posts
    December 13, 2015 3:47 PM EST

i have made 3 characters

I play all of them Equally 

I have about 300 hours clocked on my main character

• 1467 posts
    December 13, 2015 4:29 PM EST

Yes they are all equally played. 

I have 0 hours on my main character

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 13, 2015 5:42 PM EST

And how many hours clocked on the other characters? I personally can't manage to play and invest myself in more than one character, it all gest kind of... fuzzy?

How do you deal with roleplaying?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 13, 2015 5:43 PM EST

Well, you can always return here after you have acquired and played the game for 1 month.

• 1217 posts
    December 13, 2015 5:56 PM EST

Two so far, though I have no idea how many hours in each. The first one has got through the main story and his motivations somewhat redefined, so still playing him. The other is Furiosa, who's still pretty early in the story. I'd say I give them both about equal attention.

• 133 posts
    December 13, 2015 6:21 PM EST
    I've got two so far. My first was my Minuteman and he's a puny level 35. He's finished the main quests and is now just building awesome settlements. My second is two days old, level 9, and will be going Institute. That one is energy weapons only and won't make any settlements. My third I have planned is a melee BoS guy. I'll probably start playing him in about 2 weeks.
    • 773 posts
    December 13, 2015 7:13 PM EST
    Three so far

One quickie just to get started and have a go. Soon dumped that one...

Then a main 'gun toting' character that I've done quite a bit with. Also made a melee only guy who I'm playing at the moment.

Probably going to try a sneaky assassin this coming week.
    • 1441 posts
    December 13, 2015 7:13 PM EST

Hmm, my main character, based off me, and my first, was about two days+, I've made about five I play them more or less equally

• 177 posts
    December 13, 2015 7:23 PM EST

None...

• 1913 posts
    December 13, 2015 8:29 PM EST
    I've made 55... I think I beat everyone :P

5 were for actual characters. 3 were for builds, the rest were screwing around with character creator tools.

I play 2 of my mains regularly if not playing both each day I switch to focus on one for one day and then on the other the next. The rest I play every now and then.
    • 708 posts
    December 13, 2015 8:32 PM EST
    Just one so far, but he'll soon retire after finishing off a few last things. About 125 hours on him, currently level 65.
    • 321 posts
    December 13, 2015 11:01 PM EST

Whoops...I accidently posted the wrong reply here sorry.

• 288 posts
    December 14, 2015 12:55 AM EST

I've made a total of 6 characters, of which one is the main, two others are serious (to experience the Railroad and Brotherhood endings respectively, both still aren't finished) and the others so far are just for fun or testing things.

The last save for my main character indicates 2d 2h 26m, I guess that should be the total time played. Measured only in hours it should be approx. 50.5.

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    December 14, 2015 3:24 AM EST

I have 7 so far. My main character, who I have played about 5 days with. The others I am not really sure about playtime. I have one for each faction and the others are ones that I just use to test different perks and weapons. One of those has turned into a favorite though. She runs around punching things with bladed knuckles while wearing armored evening wear.....

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 15, 2015 7:32 PM EST

I'm curious how assassins playthroughs work in FO. My characters were always gun nuts, in the best Tarantino style (not counting Kill Bill) when it comes to combat, with no real special approach other than regular gun fighting. Do you plan on making him/her specialized in melee or ranged combat?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 15, 2015 7:41 PM EST

Don't worry Pinkie, I have come to believe that the more you wait, the more enjoyment you get once you finally get the thing. I think...

...At least it worked like that with Skyrim for me, and it works every year with the new GOT/TWD/The Leftovers seasons.