Forums » General Gaming

Who is/are your favorite fictional Video Game characters?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 2, 2015 11:36 AM EST

I leaned towards the Light-side in my play through, but I don't recall this.

• 1595 posts
    December 2, 2015 2:02 PM EST

This is what I want and more importantly, what I need. That there is more to the Force than these two groups, that the philosophical landscape of the Force is broader than Light = Good, Dark = Bad.

This. Loved Knights of the Old Republic for the questions and issues it raised about the Force. Jolee Bindo and Kreia deserve a mention in that respect too.

• 273 posts
    December 2, 2015 2:55 PM EST

My favorite characters.... Hm... I have to say The Ebony Warrior (We all know him) and this adorable fluffball from Pokemon - Wally,

I love his character, especially in ORAS when they gave him more of a personality and slowly allowed him to become stronger both as a trainer and as a person. 

• 1217 posts
    December 2, 2015 3:37 PM EST
    Link, Legion(The Geth), and Sarah Kerrigan.
    • 411 posts
    December 2, 2015 3:45 PM EST
    Shrek from shrek reekin havoc Divayth Fyr from morrowind and GARY! From fallout 3
    • 288 posts
    December 2, 2015 3:58 PM EST

My favourite video game characters are the ones that I create.

• 1217 posts
    December 2, 2015 4:03 PM EST
    I can lay to that.
    • 51 posts
    December 2, 2015 4:04 PM EST
    He's still alive, he even has a cameo same as hawke :-)
    • 51 posts
    December 2, 2015 4:07 PM EST
    My favorite characters
    •Erron black (mkX)
    •Nick Valentine (Fallout 4)
    •Corvo (Dishonored)
    And any chracters who does killing for a living (whether it will be an assassin or a bounty hunter)
    • 1595 posts
    December 2, 2015 4:24 PM EST

Lucien Lachance. So mysterious, so awesome.

• 649 posts
    December 2, 2015 4:44 PM EST

Why do I have a feeling he´s your favourite character only because he´s hanging dead upside down and mostly decomposed? 

• 229 posts
    December 2, 2015 7:50 PM EST

I don't believe Cortana kept Chief "Sane"

I think the reason he was so sad about her demise was because Chief keeps losing people. Most of the Spartan IIs are dead, Johnson is dead, most of the people he ever knew are dead or MIA. 

• 12 posts
    December 2, 2015 8:04 PM EST
    How is John dead? And Cortana did actually just like Johnson, without both of them john, would never over made it.
    • 1595 posts
    December 2, 2015 8:34 PM EST

I think I may be part troll

• 700 posts
    December 3, 2015 12:45 AM EST

I was excited until I realized I'm not a fictional game character. 

• 1217 posts
    December 3, 2015 12:48 AM EST

That's okay, you're my favorite non-video game Legion.

• 700 posts
    December 3, 2015 12:51 AM EST

:D
    I don't care if I am the only non-video game Legion you know, I'll take it. 

• 694 posts
    December 3, 2015 12:54 AM EST

Sarah Kerrigan is a good look!

• 1595 posts
    December 3, 2015 2:36 AM EST

Lol , great exchange guys! Shame there isn't someone called Link to add to that confusion.

• 367 posts
    December 3, 2015 2:42 PM EST

It’s a wolf thing.

Wait!! What the hell do you mean.....   Fictional??

• 700 posts
    December 3, 2015 5:47 PM EST

The obvious answer?

Legion, Mass Effect series (spoilers)

Legion immediately appealed to me because of his short spoken and hyper-logical diction. I think Legion's name alone was beautifully written, but the character has a deceptive amount of depth. Legion isn't just another unit of the gestalt intelligence that is the Geth; Legion is a sentient being that starts out as the cold robot the player expects it to be, but turns into something far greater as its story progresses. My eyes just about exploded in tears when Legion sacrificed himself to give each Geth unit free will and true intelligence. It was Legion's transformation into a feeling being, learning that it had a soul (metaphorical or not) and its selfless sacrifice that really solidified it for me as a favorite character. I'm sure I could write an essay on it, so it's a little difficult to concisely explain.

Honorable mentions go to Niko Bellic, Andrew Ryan, and Issac Clarke. 

• 1441 posts
    December 3, 2015 6:49 PM EST

"Niko, my cousin!"

• 700 posts
    December 3, 2015 9:13 PM EST
    Ugh. Roman easily makes the cut for my LEAST favorite characters.
    • 275 posts
    December 6, 2015 1:13 AM EST
    It's a split for me with:

Ezio Auditore(this guy is completely unstoppable and his story extends through three games of the same series)

Cloud Strife(same reason as Ezio)

And Sam Fisher(there's just something that's appealing to me about being able to shoot three people in the head in only two seconds without getting spotted).
    • 1595 posts
    December 6, 2015 12:36 PM EST

HK 47 and Jolee Bindo from KotOR. Kreia from KotOR II.

Garrus and Tali from Mass Effect, Jack from Mass Effect 2.

John Marston from Red Dead Redemption.

Kain from Legacy of Kain.

Ciri from The Witcher 3.