Forums » Fallout

What Faction Are You Most Interested in?

• 1595 posts
    December 3, 2015 2:49 AM EST

That's a moral code I can agree with.

• 641 posts
    December 3, 2015 6:02 AM EST

I think she might be mistaken synths for stuff like Mr Handy 

• 622 posts
    December 3, 2015 6:08 AM EST

No, I am not. After a lengthy chat with Albino, I think I am understanding more about the synth issue.

I still find the Railroad stupid for wanting to liberate machines though  

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 3, 2015 9:34 PM EST

Sorry for the late reply, I've had an accident with my eye and did some exams that are making it quite annoying to look at the computer screen, but hey, sunglasses.

To sum my thoughts up, while the NCR started small, with a group of vault dwellers fresh to the wasteland who were initially quite an isolationist and "innocent" people, being basically forced to develop their military later as evidenced by Shady Sands' green security by the time the Vault Dweller came into contact with them in F1;

The Minutemen, countering that, is made of simple wastelanders who were already born into that situation and are familiar with the ways of the apocalypse - their origins is also different in the way that they joined up to form the initiative with the goal of providing security and not developing their own land, even though what they're doing is allowing others to do so. All the Minutemen have to do is to provide security, they don't need to worry with the difficulties of land, resource and trade management outside of military supply lines.

So perhaps the Minutemen don't end up becoming a government institution themselves as the NCR has, but instead, given enough time, they are facilitating the organization of such a thing and, provided their leadership doesn't "fall"*, they will always be there to act in favor of the people, given their constitution.

The NCR were innocent in their comprehension, and we all know how that works out. The Minutemen are innocent in their intentions.

*Although Preston said something I agree with about how losing a certain thing was the epicenter of the old Minutemen' downfall.

Dang, Preston's idealism may have infected me, but while I don't trust in real world idealism, I trust in Fallout idealism. Hell, society is back at ground zero. We can still make something out of the Commonwealth, if not the Wasteland.

• 1217 posts
    December 3, 2015 11:27 PM EST
    I dig, very well reasoned concept.