Forums » The Lounge

So... Time to not play Fallout

• 1595 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:49 AM EST

"Killing monsters?"  "It just came out that way."  That aspect of the game is really fun, you're right. Heading of to test your build against the level 48 Archgriffin north of Ard Skellige is a highlight for me.

Hope you get well soon mate, enjoy Fallout 4 in the meantime.

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:57 AM EST

I play Xbox for most games these days, though my Laptop can handle some games (but it's really hit and miss, I can run Skyrim just fine but have problems with older games). Really wished I hadn't missed that. 

• 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 5:02 AM EST

I just tested myself against three Ard Skellige guardsmen. I was level 47, they were level 62. 

When they hit me, they almost didn´t even damage me. I´m using Undvik Armor right now. That armor has some serious damage reductions against humans (my old Bear Armor has better reduction against monsters, so I´m switching between them.)

You have to try this build one day, Phil. It literally turns you into a tank with high chance to crit. 

• 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 5:04 AM EST

I think that ME1 should run on your laptop without any problem. 

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 5:07 AM EST

Must resist urge to move conversation to General Gaming where it belongs... Bah whatever. 

I'm working on a pretty sweet bomber build, but I want to see if Hearts of Stone is going to do anything to improve it (Like The Professional being greatly boosted by the Trick Shot ability/talent/perk/mutation.) so it'll be a while off. But Bombing the shit out of people is the most fun I've ever had in the game (Pure Alchemy, it's tough but fun).

Other then that I was thinking of making an unarmoured archer (or as close as you can be to one) by running around wearing my fancy clothes but will definetly be waiting until I get HoS to try that out. 

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 5:09 AM EST

Yeah...You'd be surprised at the answer being not really. It runs but it heats it up to an extent that I fear for my legs, room and laptop. So I kind of can, but I'd rather play it on something that won't possibly blow up on me 

• 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 5:13 AM EST

Yeah, HoF added the new Abilities. 

There is one that adds you 0,1 Adrenaline by each explosion of your bombs. Then there is that "additional shot" from crossbow and another one (which I´m using on my build right now) that changes the property of Adrenaline. Instead of every bar increasing your damage, it increases your critical chance by 8%. So that´s 24% crit chance with full adrenaline.

Then there is Increased Carrying Capacity and there is completely useless "Reduce toxicity by 33% by each Adrenaline bar" ability. 

• 649 posts
    November 10, 2015 5:15 AM EST

You shouldn´t play with fire, mate. Or bombs. You sure it isn´t a bomb? 

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 5:20 AM EST

I knew about the additional shot ability (which actually just seems ridiculously powerful) but hadn't checked up on the others. That Adreniline increasing one seems pretty useful so I'll pick that up whenever I get the expansion.

Though I might wait and see what Blood and Wine ends up being...maybe that'll give me more abilities (Though I haven't heard much about it)

• November 10, 2015 9:51 AM EST

well said mate all this FO guff is making me ill I played FO3 but just couldn't get into it I am back playing skyrim I also need to upgrade my console for ES6 which cannot come quick enough for me.

• 393 posts
    November 10, 2015 10:36 AM EST

I play Skyrim veeery sloooooowly, so slowly that my character only has killed 2 dragons for now, and I've been playing for 2,5 months. Besides, I'm not familiar with Fallout at all and if I'd want to play it, I'd need two more months to just start playing. So I'll just keep playing Skyrim)

• 24 posts
    November 10, 2015 1:43 PM EST

Well, since I don't have money for a PS4, I'm just going sit back and enjoy Skyrim.  Besides, I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for some sci-fi yet, I'll stick with fantasy for now.

• 98 posts
    November 10, 2015 2:18 PM EST

I've been crying, because I have to wait till Christmas to get a PS4 w/ Fallout 4 :(

• 29 posts
    November 10, 2015 3:03 PM EST

Ok, just got it off my girls, however I don't have a ps4 yet.....Limbo!

• November 10, 2015 3:57 PM EST

playing Skyrim until I decide buying a PS4 and FO4 are worth it.

• 1467 posts
    November 10, 2015 8:38 PM EST

PS4 is definetly worth it, unless of course you're a massive Halo fan. Can't say much for Fallout at the moment, mostly considering I either won't be getting it or haven't yet. 

Got to say it's good that people are still playing Skyrim, puts my mind at east for what's to come 

• 457 posts
    November 11, 2015 1:55 AM EST

Playing Skyrim... Crossworlds II event builds get released in less than a month ;D

I've got no beef with the Fallout franchise, but I limit myself to a single game every few years; if I get Fallout 4, then I'll totally miss ES:6--besides, I haven't finished finding new ways to play Skyrim xD

• 1467 posts
    November 11, 2015 2:06 AM EST

Still don't even have the DLC  That should be what you get instead Shin.

If you get the Skyrim DLC, nobody would even hassle you about Fallout 4 

• 1595 posts
    November 11, 2015 3:47 AM EST

I will try it when I next play the game. After doing HoS twice I am a bit exhausted by it and need a break. I only have to get the Deathmarch achievement and I'll be on 100% but I want to save that for when it will mean more.

In the meantime why not build it here?

• 649 posts
    November 11, 2015 3:56 AM EST

You want me to send you screenshots of that build?

• 1595 posts
    November 11, 2015 4:00 AM EST

I'd prefer you post them in the Witcher 3 discussion but as only a few of us read it anyway it won't matter either way

• 457 posts
    November 11, 2015 11:06 AM EST

If I got the DLC, I wouldn't have time to play ES:6 when it comes out ;D

• 295 posts
    November 12, 2015 5:35 AM EST

Playing Skyrim still and writing.  I got enough to keep me entertained. 

I have FO3 and NV, just haven't gotten around to playing them yet. I don't think my current system can handle FO4. Depends, I guess, I run Skyrim with ENB, hd textures, and on ultra, but that doesn't mean a darn thing. 

• 649 posts
    November 12, 2015 5:47 AM EST

Actually, I´m running the FO4 on Ultra too and I think I haven´t played smoother game. Something for comparison: I have to play Witcher on something between Low and Medium setting and that´s a game that went out before FO4, which I´m playing on Ultra. So I think that your computer should handle the FO4 without problem.

• 1467 posts
    November 12, 2015 5:49 AM EST

Hot diggity damn, Ultra ENB, HD Texture Skyrim. I run Ultra Fallout 3, that's about my limit. Lissette, do you wanna swap, I get your gaming rig, you can have my functioning laptop (with 2 USB ports, count em, 2), trust me, I have never made a bad deal..well for me at least