Forums » The Lounge

And I Quote...

• 177 posts
    November 6, 2015 1:36 PM EST

Hey, hey everpony/one! Everyone loves quotes, some are funny, some are thought provoking and others are just plain terrifying! So, I have decided to create a place for all of these quotes, silly, serious or otherwise! Have a quote you've been dying to share? You've found the place! Wanna' make up a quote and try to become the next great philosopher? You've found the place!

Now get to some philosophyin, or humor, or whatever! 

"You can't have a nightmare, if you never dream."-Starlight Glimmer

"You can learn a lot from old books."-Edward Sallow

"People..are like trees. If you hit them with an axe enough times, they die."-My crazy friend

• 411 posts
    November 6, 2015 1:40 PM EST
    "War war never changes"- That one voice actor who's name I forgot.
    NOW GIMME MEH COOKIE,
    • 1441 posts
    November 6, 2015 1:42 PM EST

"Stage Fright isn't a disease Pinkie"-Twilight Sparkle (MLP)

"The only ones should kill are those prepared to be killed"-Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)

"Speak Softly, but carry a Big Stick"-Teddy Roosevelt, I believe

• 177 posts
    November 6, 2015 1:44 PM EST

As promised!

• 1441 posts
    November 6, 2015 1:44 PM EST

Ron Perlman

• 649 posts
    November 6, 2015 2:01 PM EST

Not sure if this counts, but here we go with my favourite quote from Malazan Book of Fallen

Shadowthrone: “That’s all you have to say? This is a momentous scene, you fat fool! This is where everything really, truly, finally begins! So squeeze the ale from your brain, mortal, and say something worthy of your kind. You stand before a god! Speak your eloquence for all posterity. Be profound!”
    Temper: “Profound … huh.” Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, “Fuck off.”
                                                                                                                            – The Crippled God
    • 177 posts
    November 6, 2015 2:04 PM EST

I was not expecting that ending! That's a great quote, Pinkie approves! 

• 649 posts
    November 6, 2015 2:09 PM EST

Then here goes some...more serious quotes.

“Children are dying. That’s a succinct summary of humankind, I’d say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words.” – Deadhouse Gates

“For a man or woman to reach adulthood, they must first kill the child within them.” – Reaper’s Gale

Kesen: “Can you teach me how to fight like that, sir?”
    Kalam: “I expect your father has a better life in mind for you, lad.  Fighting is for people who fail at everything else.” – Deadhouse Gates
    • 95 posts
    November 6, 2015 11:16 PM EST

"Good and great are seldom the same man." ~ Winston Churchill

"The old man plants the tree knowing he will never sit in its shade" ~ Ancient Greek Proverb

• 177 posts
    November 11, 2015 6:54 PM EST
    Ooooo, that first quote is really good,depressing, but well thought out!