Forums » Fallout

Here They Come....

• 557 posts
    October 30, 2015 7:05 PM EDT

ALERT! This is not a drill! If you are located in the Boston, Massachusetts area then evacuate at once! REPEAT: THIS IS NOT A DRILL! Proceed to the nearest Vault-Tec Vault for processing* and follow your Overseer's instructions. If indoors then evacuate that building immediately and follow instructions from local authorities, if outdoors then please follow the above instruction. 

*Vault-Tec is not responsible for the loss of belongings, limbs, loved ones, or life. If you are unable to be processed then this is likely due to your own error, and Vault-Tec cannot be held liable for any losses you may endure. 

Hello Vault Dwellers, Todd here! It's been a while, but I'm finally back and in action - and without a moment to spare! Fallout 4 is just around the corner, and I'm sure most of us couldn't be more excited than we are now! November will likely be filled with all sorts of chaos here on TheTamrielVault - so expect to see some changes this coming month! 

With that said, let's move on to the real topic here - Fallout 4's upcoming release! I've got a couple of questions for you all to answer, so read through them and post your answers in the comments below! 

1. What are you doing to prepare for Fallout's release? 
    2. What existing Fallout features/mechanics are you hoping to see return?
    3. What new features/mechanics do you hope to see added?
    4. What are some interesting theories you may have regarding Fallout 4's story? 
    5. Do you think this game will be as amazing as the other games in the series? 
    6. Gary?

Let's hear your answers to these questions! Do you have another question you'd like me to add to the list? If so, let me know so I can add it in! 

• 1217 posts
    October 30, 2015 7:21 PM EDT

A what of questions? ;D

1. Getting classwork out of the way, planning some midnight snacks, and getting some sleep ahead of time.
    2. Eh, everything I would have said has already been confirmed.
    3. Eh, anything I would have suggested has already been confirmed. XD
    4. Not a theory per se, but I'm still really, really hoping that the main story is not about your family. If family stuff has to be in the game, I want to see it in a totally secondary, ignorable-without-consequence capacity.
    5. I think it'll easily top the ones I've played, and I see it becoming my new favorite game as New Vegas was before it.
    6. Gary.
    • 627 posts
    October 30, 2015 7:36 PM EDT

1. Waiting for Christmas XD

2. I'm not really all that familiar with the mechanics of the previous games, I've played them just never really payed attention.

3. N/A

4. N/A

5. I'm hoping it will be several times better than previous games, since while I enjoyed one or two playthroughs it wasn't enough to keep bringing me back.

6. Gary.

• 557 posts
    October 31, 2015 12:49 PM EDT

I actually took two days off of work in preparation for it!

• 1217 posts
    October 31, 2015 1:22 PM EDT

Aye, I've got the 10th and 11th off, too!  Such hype! And what's this I hear about you having a stream, Todd, is that true?

• 557 posts
    October 31, 2015 4:50 PM EDT

I plan on doing an unboxing of it, but I was considering streaming as well!

• 1217 posts
    October 31, 2015 5:00 PM EDT

We allowed to know what your channel is, then? XD

• 557 posts
    October 31, 2015 6:45 PM EDT

I don't have one just yet 

• 1217 posts
    October 31, 2015 6:51 PM EDT

Ah, well, here's hoping you announce here for us! I'll have an unboxing, too.

• 641 posts
    November 1, 2015 10:25 AM EST

1. I would say saving money but I have no money to save  I might have a wee play of Fallout 3 to get me in the mood.

2. I want a full on survival mode!

3. I want to be able to augment my self with cybernetics 

4. I'm not actually sure tbh, I just hope it's good.

5. I should be the best one yet if Beth has learned from the past few games.

6 Gary Gary Gaaaaary

• 641 posts
    November 4, 2015 5:02 PM EST

I'm likely going to have to wait til Xmas before I get it 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    November 4, 2015 7:21 PM EST

Trying to get everything ready so I can play it on the 10th 00:01 (assuming I can run it on High), into the dawn and just leave when real life kicks in (about 6:00 A.M). I've been mildly successful, and will be able to do that Wednesday as well, though after those two precious days, my game time will be severely reduced for the next two weeks (meaning I won't be able to approach the SW: Battlefront release on the 17th the same way I'm going to do with Fallout). Everything's planned, every day I try to fit in some free time to do usual, free time stuff and game time.

I'm looking forward to the characters, story and the character creation process, as always. Though I'm aware of Bethesda and their... mild inaptitude in making compelling main quests and deep characters, I have hope that they've learned a thing or two with Obsidian's New Vegas, plus Lynda Carter's brief character description intrigued me enough to like that.

Other than that, I still have hope that Chris Avellone will jump in Bethesda. Imagine that. Howard + Avellone. Oh boy...

I have also pre-ordered FO4, since the price hasn't gone down, though I did it on Nuuvem, cheaper than Steam. Thanks, market competition! I love you.

• 411 posts
    November 5, 2015 12:41 AM EST
    *trys to comfort veloth by handing him skooma Moonsugar and mead*
    • 411 posts
    November 5, 2015 12:43 AM EST
    1 replaying the first two fallout games.
    2 People eating
    3 playable ghouls
    4 N/A
    5 yesh
    6 Haha Gary!
    • 641 posts
    November 5, 2015 7:19 AM EST

*mixes all together, sets it on fire and downs it in one.... dies*

• 649 posts
    November 5, 2015 7:28 AM EST
    1. What are you doing to prepare for Fallout's release?

I´m in the gym 5 days a week, conditiong my body to be able to handle the fallout. Also I´m doing 100 push-ups a day and excercising my skills with pistols and bow. Plus of course I´m stocking up supplies like beans in cans and dog food - it would be really bad if I died because of hunger. And yeah, I have a basement full of Nuka Cola mix.

• 189 posts
    November 5, 2015 3:29 PM EST

What are you doing to prepare for Fallout's release?
    I pre-ordered the game months ago, and now I'm just waiting for my download key to preload the game so I can hop in at 9:00 PM PST on Monday the 9th. I'll play for about 5-6 hours that night mostly just running the main story, hopefully get far enough to start my own settlement and craft a couple guns. Beyond that, I'm just going to play as much as possible, try to gain a good understanding of the base mechanics and get ready to start analyzing the under-the-hood stuff. The other big thing is to prepare for mods! I'll be installing Fallout to a custom folder located directly in the root directory of my C: drive, rather than in Program Files. I'll be setting up a profile in MO, and I'll be sure to check the Nexus, /r/falloutmods, and YouTube (Gopher mostly) for the earliest mods and tutorials. Lastly, I'll definitely be making a run to Target on the 10th to grab a few bottles of that Nuka Cola Quantum.

What existing Fallout features/mechanics are you hoping to see return?
    Interesting factions, special weapons worth pursuing (even with the ability to craft our own), amusing easter eggs, and unique/quirky characters and locales worth exploring.

What new features/mechanics do you hope to see added?
    Mostly just the ones we already know about: weapon modding, settlements, more slots for armor/clothing, etc. I'm hoping for some good armor mods too, with unique perks like enchantments in Skyrim (but a bit more grounded in technological feasibility). And also for improved companion options and AI, like being able to command them to wait, to be stealthy/passive/aggressive, maybe even ask them for their thoughts. And I'd love for a more expanded food/drink prep system, and also the ability to forge bullets built into the vanilla game rather than having to wait for a mod or DLC.

What are some interesting theories you may have regarding Fallout 4's story?
    No theories here; I've made it a point to avoid reading anything about it so I have nothing upon which to speculate.

Do you think this game will be as amazing as the other games in the series?
    Yes. It's Bethesda Game Studios. They have never let us down before.

Gary?
    GARY!