Forums » General Gaming

Castlevania

• 1441 posts
    October 29, 2015 3:12 PM EDT

Ah Castlevania, the classic Konami series featuring Dracula, the Belmont Clan, gothic horror, Alucard, and a living, reality bending castle, bearing the moniker of Castlevania, this series has come far. Granted, I've only played the classic Symphony of the Night (My favorite so far), some of Lament of Innocent, and some of Lords of Shadows 1, I still found them all fun in their own ways. My question is,  which is your favorite Castlevania game, moment, fan work etc, and why. For me, one of my favorite Castlevania things, aside from SOTN's soundtrack, is the debut trailer for LOS2, and this:

• 207 posts
    October 29, 2015 3:19 PM EDT

I played through Lords of Shadow, I'm playing Mirror of Fates right now, but my controller is broken, I played through Aria of Sorrow, though I started cheating at the end, I played a bit of most gba and ds castlevanias and I played through order of ecclesia.

• 8 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:06 AM EST

Ah...I like this saga to much!!! My favorite game probably is Aria of Sorrow which was the first metroidvania I played (and I'm still playing). From the DS titles, I will choose Order of Ecclesia (I'm trying to reach level 225 at the moment) because of the glyphs combos, the soundtrack and the art design (not a  huge fan of Portrait of ruin and Dawn of Sorrow anime style, although I love both games). 

And of course SOTN,  which has my favorite soundtrack, amazing enemies and a rally fun combat system. The only problem I had was the way you have to use items for recovery HP and that some boss fights are too easy. Anyways the "luck mode" fixes it

• 641 posts
    November 4, 2015 5:11 PM EST

I 200%'ed Castlevania: SotN on my Xbox 360 ( couldn't get that last .6 percent). I've also backed Bloodstained on Kickstarter which is pretty much a Castlevania in my eyes.

• 1441 posts
    November 4, 2015 5:12 PM EST

Jeez, 200%ed? Anyway, I can hardly wai for Bloodstained, why must it come out in mid 2017?

• 641 posts
    November 4, 2015 5:22 PM EST

Yeah once you finish SotN you can replay it backwards with the map upside down and you have to get every part of the map covered.

• 1441 posts
    November 4, 2015 5:30 PM EST

I mean, I know about the Reverse Castle, but neat. I also love the Richter name cheat