June 5, 2016 4:15 PM EDT

Ask your wingman. 

• 490 posts
    June 5, 2016 4:31 PM EDT
    The "Old Guard"? What the hell is that?
    • 96 posts
    June 5, 2016 6:17 PM EDT
    I guessed so.
    Looking at this, regardless of who did it, I have to say that I dont think it's a thing so bad you guys are selling it here, nor is it a good thing.
    Just my opinion.

But whatever. You know, I dont really care that much who wins the contest. Sure it would be nice to be in the top 3 but honestly, all of the entrys deserve to be there.
    But let me tell you something: This is also my work you're 'disliking' here, with no reason, justification or explanation to me what so ever.

So take my thanks for that.
    /I'm done with it.
    • 694 posts
    June 5, 2016 6:30 PM EDT

Hey guys, I know this is a rant thread, but I suggest just taking this down a couple notches here. That means everyone. Let's all just chill a little, peeps. Sound cool?  Don't wanna have to close the thread. 

• 96 posts
    June 5, 2016 6:42 PM EDT
    What's the point of this thread if I cant just comment like everyone else does? 3 pages of the same stuff but no guess why something like this now happens every time I'm trying to express my opinion, lol. Seriously.
    • 52 posts
    June 6, 2016 11:18 PM EDT

That's funny!  Where on prey tell did this come from Mort?

• 59 posts
    June 7, 2016 12:07 AM EDT

Skyrim.

• 52 posts
    June 7, 2016 12:13 AM EDT

I'm gone for one day and its hard to believe on how fast these discussions can intensify. My goodness. Curse, Allow me to get more technical about my points I mentioned on the earlier post. ( Getting involved in this was the last thing I wanted to do but now the hats are down and the cards are up in the air! )

Contestants Withdrawing from the contests at the last second.  In a few instances, I've seen newer, intermediate leveled builders abandon or take down their builds all together because of pressure from other builds as well as real life getting in the way, another reason it could be that they aren't taking it serious enough. Entering a contest, requires Special effort, extra time, so they can get the attention and perhaps likes, it seeks. You for one along with others should know all about that.

This takes us into the Second point. The Dividing Line.

Because that they are several kinds of builds with builders from all types of people, and it can be very intimidating to the newer builders out there to post their build. Should they decide to look at other peoples builds, they can get ideas but at the same time, be easily overwhelmed on how to present it. Pride and Shyness could be reasons on why some new builders don't ask for help. Intimidated by what others think of it, the new builder either gives up taking their build down or going on ahead posting it with little to present but still, points for taking that step forward, putting themselves out there. If only they used the workshop first before posting their build out in the open. . . . The workshop is here for a reason it is like " A star is in the horizon" or "A Diamond in the rough" That sort of thing.

Last point and this will be the most direct and brutal. Referring to some of you the upper class.

Last year, I felt those of you who have posted up harsh remarks to newer builders, shaking their confidence. Showing favoritism only to those of your standing. The conscience that the spotlight seemed to be on you'll a little too much not giving  others to come into light of their own . To me, that's what it looked like based on my observation. But now, It has subsided considerably which I'm happy for, and therefore my term of referring to the Upper Class as changed to a much more positive perspective. 

I hope that this has cleared up confusion and hasn't raised any arguments or debates. ( I do not have the time )

But I agree with Edana on this. This discussion has gotten really heated over the last day or so. I think we should just quiet down and change topic.

• 485 posts
    June 7, 2016 1:01 PM EDT
    It may seem kind of heated in here, but I actually think this is good for community development.

I think airing out our grievances with each other is a good thing. It's certainly better than burying it and hoping for the best. As long as we do it in a respectful manner, we can come to a resolution and end on a positive note.

So I thank Ry for taking the time to lay out how he felt and why. Obviously perceptions of elitism run deep in our community. Given the damage such perceptions can cause our community, it's definitely in everyone's interest for this issue to be out in the open.
  • June 7, 2016 1:36 PM EDT

exactly

• 122 posts
    June 7, 2016 1:41 PM EDT
    Watermark says 9gag.com.
    • 122 posts
    June 7, 2016 1:57 PM EDT
    I'm a thirty year old man, and I'm probably the happiest right now that I've been in my life. I have a job where I'm valued, if not exactly compensated very well, and other prospects in case something goes south. I have a family that loves me, a girlfriend I adore (though long distance is a rat bastard), and I'm beginning to make friends and acquaintances after a long dry spell (unemployment is rough on your social life). I'm studying up while saving money to go through a programming certification school with excellent job placement so I can move up in life.

So for the first time in a long while, things are looking up for me. It's an unusual feeling. I think I like it.

Happy rants are still rants!