Forums » General Gaming

Listen up, Bethesda: the feedback thread

• 24 posts
    October 23, 2015 12:01 AM EDT
    Throwing axes, knives, and stars in the Elder Scrolls please. Also, flails, spears, and hand-and-a-half swords.
    • 207 posts
    October 23, 2015 5:46 AM EDT

But they should get a better model for the beast races.

• 1467 posts
    October 23, 2015 6:02 AM EDT

Screw Fallout, give us ES 6 

Make every Race actually feel different, I don't want the only difference between my races to be their physical appearance, and maybe they're slightly better at one thing. I don't mind if the Races go back to being more specialized (High Elves = Offensive Mage, Orc = Defensive Warrior, Imperial = Battlemage, Breton = Defensive Mage, Bosmer = Super OP Archer man, etc.).

I'd also so to take some advice from modders, they have ideas that take yours out of the park some time (no offense meant of course) and do things with coding that are just awesome. Give more survival options, give us way more weapon choice (seriously...I want motherfuckin Spear dammit), new creatures, lands, quests and just generally make the game more fun.

Oh and one more thing... DLC that opens new lands are always better than DLC that add new areas to the existing game. Shivering Isles, Dragonborn and Bloodmoon/Tribunal are all great examples of DLC, the others are good but just not in the same level. Give us new lands, and we'll give you money for years

• G
    • 1 posts
    October 23, 2015 9:26 AM EDT

I would tell Bethesda to make the next Elder Scrolls on the same scale as The Witcher 3 and ESO.

• 77 posts
    October 23, 2015 4:05 PM EDT

I would love to see a more detailed character creator.  Something more akin to Dragon's Dogma where you could be tall or short, fat or skinny, young or old.  I don't know what ESO is like but Skyrim feels very limited in comparison to the character creator in Dragon's Dogma.

• 404 posts
    October 23, 2015 4:08 PM EDT

that game was pretty cool.

• 700 posts
    October 23, 2015 7:00 PM EDT

Update Skyrim; give us the choice to pay Bards 20 Septims to shut up.  

• 694 posts
    October 24, 2015 2:02 AM EDT

I would love to be able to throw knives (especially) and axes. Good looks here.

• 694 posts
    October 24, 2015 2:03 AM EDT

Make every Race actually feel different, I don't want the only difference between my races to be their physical appearance, and maybe they're slightly better at one thing. 

I'm actually in this camp too. The first time I played Skyrim I thought powers might factor in more heavily and that it would be substantially harder to level other skills you didn't have a natural ability in. I'd love to see it actually make a difference.

I also keep seeing requests for spears--perhaps they'll get the message?

• 627 posts
    October 24, 2015 2:11 AM EDT

Well it only took them two games and an expansion to add crossbows back in so maybe we'll get those elusive spears at some point. And maybe while they're at it they could add Hand-to-hand back in as well 

• 694 posts
    October 24, 2015 2:15 AM EDT

I am so for this idea. Sometimes I'm so impressed with the level of detail in a particular house or area in Skyrim, and other times I'm just so underwhelmed by how generic things can be. Adding more authentic cultural variation would definitely keep things uniformly interesting. (If that makes sense.) And also--

Another important part of it is cultural armour variations.

I completely agree with this! It would just add a whole other layer of interest and make characters feel so much more believable. The lack of variation in that regard is sort of drag. I would definitely support this. 

• 694 posts
    October 24, 2015 2:30 AM EDT

These are all really good suggestions, Manni! I would support every single one of these things. Especially better cultural elements and lefty options. 

• 224 posts
    October 24, 2015 11:32 PM EDT

I like that, Tamrielvault is the most bigger fan community I have ever seen related to Elder scrolls and Fallout, I posted on Bethesda forums my idea of a next Elder Scrolls, would be nice to have a game what happen on Daedric realms and play the antagonist, so the "bad people" would be Mortals and Aedras, Other think I like is to take decisions, I would like to see even more different ways to finish a quest

here you can see my posts I recently added:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1540762-official-beyond-skyrim-tes...

Also I posted this, maybe I'm the one who is inviting Bethesda to the blog, lol, I like to make advertising

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1168849-tes-fan-site-topic/page-4#entry24406228

I always invite anyone to join the blog mostly Steam users  hehe

• 224 posts
    October 24, 2015 11:37 PM EDT

hehe, you should use this :
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58555/?

A mod what doesnt adds any audio file, just a script, the bards will sing only If you request them and will play just music without singing instead, just put the file in the scrip folder of Skyrim game :) 

• 134 posts
    October 25, 2015 7:03 AM EDT

For the next ES... I would suggest that they start dabbling in time travel so they can release their games earlier!

...and add spears. And Netches and Dreugh. Exotic locations and smart wildlife, with realistic predator hunting and herbivores that migrate and drink, would be amazing.

And please put FO4's base-building in too!

• 641 posts
    October 25, 2015 12:50 PM EDT

I want all the 9th Era robots I can get

• 47 posts
    October 26, 2015 3:47 AM EDT

More races to play and faster movement for 2 handed weapons.

• 12 posts
    February 9, 2016 8:49 AM EST

Omg, so many cool ideas : D Some things I'd also love; loads more custimization options. I want to be able to play a fat mage. Or a super skinny one who cannot be bothered to do anything other than cardio (aka walk everywhere). Or a two-handed lady who actually looks like she can hold that weapon. Skyrim ladies were all so skinny. Where's my medieval Kinessa Johnson? o3o 

Also the little girl in me would also be super happy if there could be such a thing as different types of horses. Surely certain nobles would like the idea of having a stronger/more elegant/bigger mount than the regular farmer, right?

• 113 posts
    February 9, 2016 10:11 AM EST
    I would LOVE this since I'm a lefty IRL. And left handed weapon sheaths without mods Of course...
    • 168 posts
    February 9, 2016 11:07 AM EST

Here are my 2 ideas of a next Elder Scrolls:

1) No kids. Kids is a feature Skyrim has that I wouldn't miss. If you love kids, Bethesda, then make them killable just like you did with Fallout. You kill a child you are forever labeled as on. It would result in less quests, less rewards and if you keep doing it, guards always try to kill you.

2) No multiplayer or co-op. Why? Because it would be nearly impossible to be immersed in a world where you’re supposed to be "the chosen one" only to have 50 other chosen ones hopping around all around you with names like "Mr. 1337" jumping around in circles shouting crap. Not all games need to be "social" and Elder Scrolls is one of them. A big part of playing Elder Scrolls is the feeling of being a powerful character with unique powers and finding unique god-like items. How does that work when your friends you invited for a co-op or random people in a multiplayer are as powerful as you, have the same "unique" powers you have, are using the same "unique" items you have and are doing the same quest you are doing? Elder Scrolls is a franchise dedicated to the single player types of players. We love Elder Scrolls for what it is.

• 1441 posts
    February 9, 2016 11:11 AM EST

Well, there are some who think having killable kids could turn it into a child murderer simulator

• 694 posts
    February 9, 2016 11:36 AM EST

My feedback regarding the release of TES VI: please hurry. 

• 404 posts
    February 9, 2016 12:27 PM EST
    That is true, since Fallout 2 they either took out the kids or made them immortal. Remember the media talking about it?
    • 404 posts
    February 9, 2016 12:32 PM EST
    What about realistic weapons and armor, none of this world of Warcraft stuff. Throwing weapons would be nice. Spears are also cool to see. More chocks in quests would be nice, think D&d for an example. Maybe some smarter combat AI next time.
    • 168 posts
    February 10, 2016 11:05 AM EST

Funny, I made a poll on Deviant Art asking if players want kids to be killable in Elder Scrolls 6. 67% said yes and 33% said no.