Forums » General Gaming

Blood 'n guts

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:00 PM EDT

Hey there everypony/one! Earlier today I was playing The Evil Within and that game is brutal! There is blood coating everything, and as many disembodied organs as you please! And I love it, but I know this is not the case for everyone. So I was wondering...

What level of gore do you prefer in your games?

Myself, I love my blood and guts in video games! If I shoot someone in the head with a sniper rifle from 5 feet away, It takes me out of it sooooo much if their head doesn't explode into a bloody mess! What does bother me is unrealistic gore, I like it when things are realistically brutal, but not when torso's explode from 9mm rounds! 

• 411 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:04 PM EDT

I love how in fallout you can cut up dead bodys i always do that even with my good guy characters!

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:06 PM EDT

It is an interesting feature for sure! Though it does take me out of it a little when my kitchen knife beheads a deathclaw...

• October 7, 2015 7:07 PM EDT

I love the gore, as long as it doesn't show the intestines, I hate intestines.... I wish I could remove mine because they look so disgusting >_>

• 95 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:09 PM EDT
    I think Fallout 3 and NV do it pretty well. It just needs to be more realistic as to what weapons will do which mutilation and it would be perfect.
    • 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:12 PM EDT

I agree, I do like Fallout's gore! Though what I think would make it better would be less decapitation, more holes. If I shoot you in the face a hole appears, your head doesn't turn into a baseball! 

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:13 PM EDT

I just try to think of them as pink ropes, covered in blood. It disturbs me less that way!

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:17 PM EDT
    • 404 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:20 PM EDT

the people that made it were trolls, same can be said with the Luna game.

• 95 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:34 PM EDT
    That true about the chunks. If somebody is stabbed by a switchblade their head won't explode...
    • 694 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:44 PM EDT

I'm a fan of the semi-realistic middle ground. I kind of approach it the same way I do with movies. Not enough and it's sorta "meh." Too much and it breaks the immersion and just sorta... takes me out of it.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:46 PM EDT

I'm with you, I like gore as long as it's realistic.

By the way, I only played the demo for The Evil Within. Do you recommend the full game, story and scary wise?

• 1217 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:52 PM EDT
    Meh, don't need it. It adds to realism, but I don't get anything out of it. GoW/Mortal Kombat/Doom levels of ultra violence just turn me off.
    • 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 10:37 PM EDT

I would indeed! The story is interesting and the horror can be quite, well, horrifying in some places! The first time I played it I nearly chucked the controller at my girlfriend when I got spooked XD

• 404 posts
    October 7, 2015 10:39 PM EDT

wait, your GF?

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 10:45 PM EDT

I agree there! Unrealistic levels of gore can get really annoying really fast! Though some of those fatalities are just great XD

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 10:50 PM EDT

Yes, my girlfriend.

• 404 posts
    October 7, 2015 10:57 PM EDT

ok, sent you a message

• 1441 posts
    October 8, 2015 8:44 PM EDT
    Well, depends on the character, and how I'm feeling. If, say, the gore-Ee, is say, a pedophillic mass murder, then I'd be fine with slowly pushing him into a flaming wood chipper, but if it's a petty thug, just beat the crap out of him, nothing too violent.
    • 149 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:16 PM EDT

If the blood and gore improves a game's feedback and makes combat feel more visceral, I like that. It's very satisfying. I don't like blood and gore for gratuity's sake.

• 177 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:50 PM EDT

I agree there! Putting blood and gore just for blood gore's sake is not good at all if you ask me!