Forums » Elder Scrolls

Least Favourite God In Elder Scrolls

• December 17, 2015 7:16 PM EST

that is a good hypothesis, but why would Talos' shrine be blessed with shout reduction when most mankind is not even allowed to shout only nords. and why is Boethia's  the same as Zenithar?

• December 17, 2015 7:16 PM EST

• December 17, 2015 7:19 PM EST

I'm with Phil on the 'Sithis-Is-Death' being my least favorite. Sithis is not a death god. We've got a ton of those. He's the Void. And he's way cooler that way.

And Talos is too mainstream.

• 1595 posts
    December 17, 2015 9:54 PM EST

Talos was mainstream back in 2011 but I have noted a steady rise in anti-Talosian thought on this site despite everything he represents for mankind.

Sithis, however, seems to be as popular as ever. As long a the word assassin makes adolescent boys virtually quiver with excitement I predict it will remain that way for some time.

• 1595 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:09 PM EST

The pattern is buried in the data. 

I can't present it as evidence to support my claim beyond what is written in this thread but I do visit this site often and take particular note of Talos discussions. Over the course of the last 12 months there has been a larger increase in the amount of people who profess to dislike that deity. I'm pretty sure some of Paul's early polls on the subject of gods had Talos ranking fairly high. If those same polls were repeated I would expect to see him at a lower position.

• 743 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:17 PM EST
    To Oblivion with both of you.
    • 743 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:23 PM EST
    Haha, beat me to it Edd.
    • 743 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:38 PM EST
    Could you elaborate Tom? That's really interesting. What's the difference between a god and an Aedra/Daedra?
    • 558 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:41 PM EST

I don't hate Talos, but he isn't as strong as most people say he is.

I dislike Azura... She's just so boring compared to all of the other Daedric Princes.

• 1595 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:44 PM EST

He's probably far stronger.

• 558 posts
    December 17, 2015 10:56 PM EST

You're easily my least favorite lore god.

I don't think that he was that powerful. He was born special so he got to use a Megazord. IMO, if there is no Megazord, Talos doesn't conquer anything, and he can't hide away with the Dwemer in a pocket of Sanguine's realm.

• 558 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:00 PM EST

Talos from ES + Nmundium = Talos from Ancient Greece

The Ancient Greeks predicted that without big metal man there is no Talos. And they were right.

Hopefully that made sense. :\

• 1595 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:19 PM EST

I've never been anyone's favourite anything , least of all god  

• 1441 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:23 PM EST

True, without Wulfarth and a giant space bending Gundam, he wouldnt have gottern very far

• 1595 posts
    December 17, 2015 11:26 PM EST

Perfect sense. You can see direct inspiration there.

Talos the god is not restricted like the Aedra are and didn't need to sacrifice his agency for creation. Unlike a Daedra he is not limited to having absolute power in his own realm but limited influence outside of it. Unlike the Tribunal he doesn't have to rely on another god's heart (his own, as it turns out) to rejuvenate his power.

• December 18, 2015 12:39 AM EST

You can be hated and still be mainstream.

• 393 posts
    December 18, 2015 3:07 AM EST

Maybe that means that more people have started reading the Lore)

Or maybe just more people that tend to identify with Elves rather than Men.

• 393 posts
    December 18, 2015 3:14 AM EST

I usually like assassins, but Sithis and the DB's worship of him is exactly what made me dislike them in Skyrim in particular.

• 393 posts
    December 18, 2015 3:18 AM EST

All the more reason to ban the worship of him. A Butcher-god with inlimited power is much than just a Butcher-god.

• 1441 posts
    December 18, 2015 3:30 AM EST

Fastforward 200 years later...

FOX News: This just in, the Cult of Loremaster Phil has reached 1,000,000 members! 

• December 18, 2015 4:57 AM EST
    Ah yes, the Phil-istines.
    • 1595 posts
    December 18, 2015 4:07 PM EST

Butcher god? Explain  

• 393 posts
    December 18, 2015 4:27 PM EST

Tiber Septim spilled blood all over Tamriel when he was a man, and much more blood was and still is spilled because of him after he became a god. He was a warmongering killer and worshipping him is endorsing more war and murder. Actually it's not me who first called him the Butcher, it was Vix)))

• 1595 posts
    December 18, 2015 4:36 PM EST

Wasn't he just extrapolating and offering an interpretation on a single small sentence from the PGE? You'll need to link to it for context.

Not saying he's wrong mind you, only that there are other interpretations of that original sentence. Trouble is with history, much like our own, much of it is opinion. After looking at life throughout Tamriel prior to the Tiber Wars one could say that his actions were for a greater good.

As for his godhood, the Missing God has now found a home and that is hugely important for every inhabitant of Mundus.

• 393 posts
    December 18, 2015 4:45 PM EST

The Altmer definitely wouldn't agree with his view of greater good, and I'm sure they are not the only ones.

The missing god was missing or a reason and would be better staying that way.