Forums » Elder Scrolls

Least Favourite God In Elder Scrolls

• October 7, 2015 7:05 PM EDT

Ah that's fair, but I meant it in the "oh Talos is so real we'll go to war to prove it!"   too much history time in history class learning about the Inquisition ._.

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:08 PM EDT

It's fine Naeg! I've said similar things before, and it has gotten me into some very nasty arguments! But no one's mad, so no harm done! 

• 411 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:11 PM EDT

Auriel Stendarr arkay any aedra really 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:11 PM EDT

Arkay - Lorkhan introduced limits, and by definition, death into Mundus. But might as well throw this chump in. Everything about him is unoriginal in terms of every other deity. Cycles? Azura. Seasons? Kyne. Life and Death? Lorkhan.

Zenithar - Your mundane Magnus and nicer version of Clavicus Vile.

Stendar - Another watered down Lorkhan with some Auriel vibes tossed in. Stuhn is more interesting.

Mara - Oh look, another love goddess. And the least arousing type of love to boot. Kynareth is described as a mother, and Dibella is a glorified whore. Why do we need a third goddess who's gettup is chastity and platonic love?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:13 PM EDT

Talos is a god. He isn't an Aedra or Daedra.

You can become a god and not be an Aedra or Daedra.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:15 PM EDT

Bloody elf. That's what your mongrel get get for sundering our lord's heart.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:16 PM EDT

....wtf?

Talos is real. Complain about Nords willing to kill each other over worshipping a Breton all you'd like, but this bastard is a legitimate god. He's reached heaven by violence, and did a spectacular job at it.

• 95 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:17 PM EDT

Let us not forget that Tiber Septim also conquered the other races of man. Conquered, not asked politely.

Besides, Talos himself wrote that without the Heart he never could have defeated the Altmeri armies.

• 95 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:28 PM EDT
    So did Auri-El.
    ;)
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:34 PM EDT

Hjalti spoke with King Wulfharth's tongue, and the very Greybeards announced Ysmir had come again. The Nords rallied to their King to take back the Ruby Throne in the name of Man.

This is Lorkhan's realm. We are his people. Congratulate yourself, petty elf, as your mystics sit for long ages wallowing in self-pity. With but out lord's heart, your empires have crumbled.

• 694 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:35 PM EDT

I agree with everyone who said Molag Bal. Domination, enslavement, rape...? No thanks.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:36 PM EDT

Really? Last I read he died.

• 95 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:39 PM EDT
    Auri-El ascended to Aetherius through the sun in full observance of his followers. He became a god. At the very least, a powerfull and immortal being.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:50 PM EDT

So he didn't reach heaven by violence.

He jumped into the Sun.

• 95 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:54 PM EDT
    No, the reason he was able to ascend was because of the war he enacted upon Lorkhan and his armies after the Aldmer were no longer immortal beings due to his trickery.
  • October 7, 2015 9:51 PM EDT

Talos.

The Iliac Bay does not forgive. The Iliac Bay does not forget.

• 184 posts
    October 8, 2015 12:35 AM EDT

Mephala and Molag Bal. Their spheres disgust me.

• 1467 posts
    October 8, 2015 1:18 AM EDT

I kind of like all of them to be honest... I don't think there is a god that doesn't interest me in some shape or form, and even if I don't like their domains (Molag Bal, Namira, etc.) the actual Deities are interesting enough in their lore that I can enjoy them as fictional characters.

• 184 posts
    October 8, 2015 1:32 AM EDT

Same here, Dragonborn.  I am ever-amazed at the depth of the lore. Aside from the obvious distasteful spheres, there's not much to dislike about even the Daedric Princes.

• 641 posts
    October 8, 2015 3:39 AM EDT

Zenithar is totally Malacath

• 641 posts
    October 8, 2015 3:44 AM EDT

Well I mostly dislike him for what he did rather than his followers.

• 1595 posts
    October 8, 2015 4:16 AM EDT

Unite the whole of Tamriel for the fist time in ever? Gave everyone something else to think about and achieved a long-lasting peace under a single banner? Not even Reman achieved that...

• 288 posts
    October 8, 2015 4:17 AM EDT

Death to all gods! Power to the people!

• 641 posts
    October 8, 2015 4:27 AM EDT

Backstabbed his way on to the throne, wiped out entire bloodlines to keep himself there, conquered Tamriel in some Manifest Destiny shit, pushed his baby-mamma down the stairs, and when the last people left that would stand against him were the Altmer he tried to wipe them and their homeland from the face of Nirn. 

• 1595 posts
    October 8, 2015 4:35 AM EDT

The details of the conquest of Summerset are sketchy

I ask you in all seriousness, what was Tamriel like before the Tiber Wars and the Third Era? Despite what happened, did Tiber make it a better place to live? Is there something about the Interregnum which made it a more desirable period to live in than the era of peace and stability the Red Jewel of Conquest brought?