Forums » General Gaming

Warhammer 40: Favorite Chapter?

• 1441 posts
    September 23, 2015 3:32 PM EDT

In the vast and grimdark future of Warhammer 40K, there exist a pletheora of badass Space Marine Chapters and offshoot Chapters. My qustion is, who are your favorites?

For me:

Space Wolves-They combine the advanced weaponry of the Imperium with Norse style fur pelts and talismans, transform into werewolf like creatures when pissed enough, one of their greatest members is entombed in a Dreadnaught, and they are basically Space Vikings.

Legion of the Damned-Not really a Chapter per say, but... These guys are just awesome. With scorched black armor, living in the Warp, they appear out of nowhere, and vanish just as quickly. Plus, they have cool armor, and may or may not be ghosts.

• 1217 posts
    September 23, 2015 4:03 PM EDT

My own Alpha Hounds. I like the factions built into the 40k universe well enough, but my favorite thing about it is how easily home-brewed ones fit in. It's one place where I don't hesitate to say that my favorites are my own creations.

After the Hounds, I'm rather fond of my "crossworlds" chapters, the Thornbacks, Sons of Unity, and Cerberus Chapter

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/260708-iacerberus-chapter/

• 641 posts
    September 23, 2015 4:14 PM EDT

#ImperialGuardDaBest

#ForTheGreaterGood

But seriously my favourite Space Marine chapter is the Storm Wardens even though their is like zero lore about them. 

• 1217 posts
    September 23, 2015 4:32 PM EDT
    #TauFTW #DeadWindHunterCadre
    • 77 posts
    September 23, 2015 4:34 PM EDT

Oh man I love me some 40K.   Like Boro said one of the great things about the Space marine lore is how easy it is to create full fledged chapters of your own so as many will say my own chapter is by far my favorite.  The Hyperion Botherhood is one of the many brotherhoods of Astartes chapter 666.  They are often fielded with their "sister" chapter The Order of the Golden Throne from the Adepta Sororitas.

So my favorite would be the Grey Knights and the Sisters of Battle.

• 641 posts
    September 23, 2015 4:51 PM EDT

#FarsightEnclave 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 23, 2015 6:41 PM EDT

I haven't yet developed as far as you guys have. I'm still in Warhammer's Middle Ages!   Eventually I'll delve into Warhammer 40K, but first I want to soak up all the information I can from "Classical" Warhammer.