Forums » Fallout

Settlement Building!

• 1217 posts
    September 15, 2015 6:42 PM EDT

Hey everyone! So we haven't talked too terribly much about settlement building yet, so here's a thread (and vid) just for that. What're your thoughts on the system?

• Something you'll use heavily across playthroughs?
    • Which of the prospects shown appeals to you most?
    • What other setting do you hope to be able to build in?
    • What structures/defenses do you see yourself using?
    • Do you prefer the ground hugging or the vertical platform style?
    • 404 posts
    September 15, 2015 6:52 PM EDT
    You know what I am making already. An Armoury and maybe housings. Maybe make a town around said Armoury.
    • 1217 posts
    September 15, 2015 6:56 PM EDT

I'd be interested to try something like that. I'm sure they'll let us build a variety of storage containers, but I really want to be able to build racks to hang weapons on. Then we can put a single locked building in one corner of the compound, just full of weapons and armor.

• 404 posts
    September 15, 2015 7:00 PM EDT

same here

• 641 posts
    September 15, 2015 7:12 PM EDT

That treehouse one if by far my favourite 

• 404 posts
    September 15, 2015 7:17 PM EDT

I am going to write a Character Story for the Wasteland Tales sometime, and this kind of thing will be in there.

• 1217 posts
    September 15, 2015 7:18 PM EDT

Same here. I'm really wondering how large of a settlement we can have that's completely elevated.

• 95 posts
    September 15, 2015 7:23 PM EDT
    If we are allowed to have more than one (which we almost certainly will be) I'm going to try to stick to small, efficient, and out of the way for my main character. Kinda like the NCR Ranger Safehouse. He's a sniper and a loner, so that's that.
    My character after him will be a bit of a trade tycoon so he will have big, grand trading settlements with multiple levels of protection and high end weaponry.
    • 1217 posts
    September 15, 2015 7:39 PM EDT

Yes, they confirmed during E3 that you could have more than one settlement, and run caravans between them (or, like you said, keep them small and subtle).