Forums » Fallout

Armor Customization in Fallout 4

• 1217 posts
    September 8, 2015 8:23 PM EDT

So Episode 2 is live, and talking about armor, and what we might expect from it in Fallout 4. It's something that I actually haven't seen talked about much outside the context of power armor, but the layered armor system has the potential for an amazing spectrum of armor combinations. And if we're able to craft that armor ourselves? The possibilities are mindblowing.

• What armor are you looking forward to wearing/crafting?
    • How do you picture different classic armor sets breaking down in the new layered system?
    • What other Power Armor chassis can you picture?
    • 404 posts
    September 8, 2015 8:36 PM EDT

<-- going to leave this here.

Just Subbed to you, I have my real name on there. don't tell anyone

• 1217 posts
    September 8, 2015 8:39 PM EDT

That's definitely going to get modded in, and it's going to be glorious.

• 404 posts
    September 8, 2015 8:46 PM EDT

yeah, I hope I could wear a Gas mask like the Snifits

• 1217 posts
    September 8, 2015 9:04 PM EDT

Well, you're in luck, one of the raiders getting bludgeoned in the footage is wearing a big gas mask.

• 404 posts
    September 8, 2015 9:09 PM EDT

sweet you know what I am going to play as then.

• 1441 posts
    September 8, 2015 10:09 PM EDT
    Fallout style Space Marine armor, or an armored long cost, like the Rangers.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 9, 2015 6:23 PM EDT

I'm a light armor/clothes guy in the Fallout games. So what I'm looking forward to wear are some good old dusters and some hats. Maybe some of the raider armors, and if they have a sleeveless jacket or something like that for my inevitable psycho punk guy.

I'm not a fan of power armor, and when it comes to the layered system I'm hoping it's nothing mandatory and the players can choose not to use it without abnormal penalties.

• 404 posts
    September 9, 2015 6:36 PM EDT

well, when  I play as a Male I will wear a Mask of course, and might wear something like a military personal would wear. if Female something light but still good at protection.

• 1441 posts
    September 9, 2015 6:40 PM EDT

I'm so gonna make Pyscho Mantis in F04

• 1217 posts
    September 9, 2015 7:04 PM EDT
    Hm. I can't imagine what the penalties might be, but the only real point of reference seems like Morrowind, which I haven't played.
    • 490 posts
    September 9, 2015 7:15 PM EDT
    I am very excited to have the layered armor system again in a Bethesda game. I thought Skyrim could have been greatly enhanced with a system like this and I am lookin forward to crafting my own look.

I am one of those people who actually doesn't like power armor. Sure, it is fun on some characters, but my main playthroughs usually spend their days in the wastes with light armor.

I am looking forward to crafting a cool aesthetic with maybe some basic clothes and a kevlar vest.
    • 641 posts
    September 10, 2015 3:16 PM EDT

Death Korps!

• 1217 posts
    September 10, 2015 3:24 PM EDT

A Death Korps of Krieg build would probably be pretty cool.

• 1441 posts
    September 10, 2015 3:44 PM EDT

I wanna do a Legion of the Damned Build. Heck, I've got build ideas for them in Skyrim and New Vegas

• 641 posts
    September 10, 2015 4:04 PM EDT

I always loved the visual of gasmasks in sci fi

• 1217 posts
    September 10, 2015 4:11 PM EDT
    I wasn't a big fan until the Riot Armor helmet in New Vegas.
    • 739 posts
    September 10, 2015 4:13 PM EDT

^Epic idea

• 739 posts
    September 10, 2015 4:23 PM EDT

I really liked that I could dump a cool looking robe over my gear in Morrowind...

For example items like the Lords Mail and the Ebony Mail were both really powerful items but visually they made your character look awful (most enchanted items in Morrowind made you look like an idiot). Dumping a robe over them though solved that problem and created a really cool looking toon...

We don't know yet how armor stacks up in FO4...

Will the AR granted by your normal armor be added to your overall protection when wearing power armor or will they be counted completely separate is a question I'd like to see answered.

• 641 posts
    September 10, 2015 7:00 PM EDT

That would be amazing 

• 33 posts
    October 21, 2015 10:50 AM EDT

It will be a great idea like for example I killed 7 deathclaws and took their claws and maybe their skin I can make a heavy or light armor made from deathclaw. making your armor will be great but people may break the limts with armor crafting like making the armor have 1000 or more defense. Other then that it will be a great idea.