Forums » The Lounge

The three things you can't leave behind?

• 694 posts
    September 6, 2015 11:54 PM EDT
    If you were told you had to leave your home an hour from now and could never return, what would you take with you? Say you were limited to being able to take just three personal items (so no worrying about food, water, toiletries, etc), what would they be? For this question I'll say people don't count, but pets do.

Also-- leave your gaming configuration out of your answer. I'll just assume its already packed. :)
    • 1467 posts
    September 7, 2015 12:04 AM EDT

The House 

No I'd probably bring...jeez I don't own much outside of games. It really depends on the scenario. Zombie Apocalypse would be different from the Government kicking me out which would be different to a forest fire or a flood (god forbid my home suffers a flood...we're surrounded by mountains nearly.)

My Wallet, Phone and Headphones would already be with me, if not then that's my answer. Nothing really else tbh.

Yeah I've got nothing really...All my stuff is either Clothes, Games or unimportant to me. 

• 177 posts
    September 7, 2015 12:48 AM EDT

Hmmmmmmm, this is a reeeeeealy hard question for me! If I were just being forced out of my lovely home by some magical force, I would probably take my note/sketchbook, defiantly my cats  (If I could not take all 6 of them I would take my Siamese kitten, Rags) and, of course, a Pinkie Pie plushie! 

• 1441 posts
    September 7, 2015 1:24 AM EDT
    What if saidd for e was taking you to Equestria?
    • 177 posts
    September 7, 2015 1:28 AM EDT

An even harder question! Hmmmmmmm, in that situation I would take my good camera, Still my cats! and a paper copy of my own cupcake recipe! I would find almost everything I would ever need or want there! 

• 7 posts
    September 7, 2015 5:34 AM EDT

Chocolate!...seriously, if there is any around

Phone and guitar...

• 641 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:48 AM EDT

I would already have my wallet and phone with me so the first things I would grab is my labradoodle, my kindle and my laptop. Actually I might swap out my kindle for my PS4 since I can read all my books on my laptop anyway.

• 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 8:53 AM EDT
    Fair enough. I like your streamlined approach, DB. :)

I was thinking more along the lines of a government type situation I guess, so it's not like you wouldn't have access to modern tech or way of doing things. The three things would therefore be likely just sentimental.
    • 773 posts
    September 7, 2015 9:13 AM EDT

My Macbook

My iPad

My iPhone

Anyone seeing a trend here? #apple4ever 

• 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 9:14 AM EDT
    Ooo, what sort of guitar? Are we talking acoustic or electric?
    • 743 posts
    September 7, 2015 10:23 AM EDT

Nah man, Windows is for us elitists.

#Windowsmasterrace

• 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 10:30 AM EDT
    I'm actually with you both, I have literally exactly your set up Paul, but I also have a windows desktop and a windows laptop... Except the laptop went down this week... but I'm hoping can be salvaged.

I think for these reasons I probably wouldn't take much tech. If anything I would just load the important files on to an external and take that.
    • 743 posts
    September 7, 2015 10:34 AM EDT

Quit riding both lines Edana, join the dark side.

#Windowsistheonlyway

• 45 posts
    September 7, 2015 1:09 PM EDT

Hmmm... I'd say probably my iPod, headphones, and my warhammer.

• 29 posts
    September 7, 2015 4:50 PM EDT

My photo's of my girls! That's an absolute must, I've watched sooooooo many post apocalyptic shows lol, and pics of family is the one thing people notice when they don't have em.

After that - my Bible! It's helped me thru some tough times, and I couldn't pick one out of allllll my other books.

Finally, and I've really struggled with this one, I choose my Baltimore Ravens Superbowl jersey. It was a gift from my hubby and very precious. It's comfy, flattering and holds a ton of happy memories.

I chose these 3 before reading everyone else's answers so I'm now prepared to look thru and think 'damn shoulda picked that!'

• 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 6:00 PM EDT

You are definitely not wrong about people going back for photos, etc. in every movie/apocalyptic tv show! But they do help you put the past back together. Do you have an album or a shoebox? 

• 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 6:00 PM EDT

Ha! +1. 

• 133 posts
    September 7, 2015 6:19 PM EDT

I would have to say that I would take:

• Lacrosse stick - this is what I would do when I got bored wherever I'm going.
    • My little box of treasures - I have a box of special stuff, pictures of family and shells from beaches, from my childhood. Can't leave this
    • A blender and the ingredients to a chocolate-banana protein shake - These things are delicious. I can't live without them.
    • 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 6:26 PM EDT

Alright so I've been thinking on this too, and this is where I'm at:

1) I'm bringing the furchild, DW. He's my ride-or-die co-pilot and there's no way I'm leaving him behind. 

2) Bikes. If I can only bring one...  it's either my tourer or mountain bike because they're the most expensive plus greater utility.

3) Almost everyone else has said phone, so I guess my phone also. Though I admit I originally assumed this didn't count for some reason. Maybe because that thing is in my hand for more hours of the day than I'd like to admit to, and is really more like an extension of myself at this point. 

I'm leaving the photos. Most of my favorite ones exist somewhere on the internet anyway. I'm leaving the rest of the tech. I back that stuff up like crazy but I'm hard pressed to remember a time when I actually used any of those old files.

• 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 6:29 PM EDT

A blender and the ingredients to a chocolate-banana protein shake - These things are delicious. I can't live without them.

It really is the little things that make us human, huh? 

Also I have a recipe of my own that is pretty killer. Are you using a powder or just relying on greek yogurt or pb2 for the protein?

• 743 posts
    September 7, 2015 6:36 PM EDT

Cat, rifle, and ammunition.

Phone will have to burn. 

• 133 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:12 PM EDT

Very true. I'm using a powder, as the recipe is already thick enough by itself, and greek yogurt would make that thing a brick, lol.

I'll even list my recipe for those who may be interested. Here it is:

10 oz chocolate milk

1 1/2 frozen bananas (I freeze them myself)

1 serving size of whey protein powder

Blend on all settings until it is the consistency of milk or hot cocoa. Then add one "small cup" worth of ice (a 6 or 8 oz cup filled with ice is good).

Then blend again on all setting until the consistency is a little less than solid ice cream. Pour it out, stick a colorful straw in there, and go to town.

• 133 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:14 PM EDT

Sounds like an apocalypse-ready loadout. Watch out zombies, Snuffles and the .22 are coming for you!

• 743 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:25 PM EDT

Nah, I'll be coming for them. 

• 411 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:47 PM EDT
    My computer as it has most of my games.
    My money so i can get a new home.
    And my dogs because i like dogs,