Forums » General Gaming

Borderlands film, by Liongate

• 1441 posts
    September 3, 2015 2:38 PM EDT

http://screenrant.com/borderlands-video-game-movie/

THoughts? I'm excited if they pull if otff

• 694 posts
    September 3, 2015 4:53 PM EDT

Haha, you already know I'm keeping an eye on this.   Hopefully it will turn out pretty sweet... but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'm sure I'll see it either way unless the trailer ends up looking AWFUL. If that happens I'll skip it. 

• 1217 posts
    September 3, 2015 6:35 PM EDT

That's something to look forward to, in my book.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 3, 2015 6:42 PM EDT

I'm not familiar at all with the Borderlands games. Dang, I really need to play more games... But then, there's not enough time to play them all.
     Anyway, I'm not sure about video game movies, some can work out while others are impossible to bring to the big screen, I think. I hope this one works out, that way it could encourage other publishers to do their own movies, like Bethesda and their Fallout/Dishonored.

• 1217 posts
    September 3, 2015 6:47 PM EDT

It really depends on the gameplay you like. I can play and enjoy Borderlands game, but compared to most other shooters, it's pretty clunky, and every enemy that isn't a basic mook is a bullet sponge. It's really meant to be experienced co-operatively, too. No, the best part about Borderlands is the characterization and accompanying humor, which is great, because that's the most important feature of a film.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 3, 2015 6:51 PM EDT

Interesting, so it seems like it could definitely work as a movie. Nothing overly complicated like TES or Dragon Age.

And by characterization, you mean the world's characterization?

• 1217 posts
    September 3, 2015 6:58 PM EDT

World, and individuals. For characters that don't speak very often, they did a great job giving them distinct and real personalities.

• 694 posts
    September 3, 2015 9:12 PM EDT

Agree with this completely. There are some really memorable characters in the games and that's why I'm thinking/hoping the film has a shot... I'm also just curious as hell about who they might tap for Jack.

• 149 posts
    September 3, 2015 9:16 PM EDT

I'll reserve judgement. I've enjoyed Borderlands 1 and 2, but despite their depth of lore I don't know how well the series could transition to cinema (at least live action). 

• 1441 posts
    September 3, 2015 9:54 PM EDT
    A Dishonored movie would work pretty well, or a TV series
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 4, 2015 3:56 PM EDT

Aye... An HBO TV series! Better than a movie!

• 33 posts
    November 7, 2015 2:33 AM EST

I think that it will suck. Now don't get me wrong I like Borderlands in fact its my second favorite shooting game the first being Fallout but I am getting off topic I don't like live action movies. My reason is because they have bad acting makes the game anime etc look bad like the corpse party live action and attack on titan hell even the Skyrim one. Now if they pull it off right I might watch it.