Forums » Elder Scrolls

Lycanthropy & Vampirism: would you ever really?

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:16 PM EDT

Yes I'm with you on this one Legion - except I would like to be a Blade-esque vigilante, punishing the wicked...

Research conducting I can help you with

• 38 posts

Never mind I just saw it!

• 694 posts

I... yes. Well, tbh I'm always reading THIS blog. It's more that than anything else. 

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:19 PM EDT

I call for factions here!

• Good vigilante Vampires and Werewolves
    • Evil Vampires and Werewolves
    • Vampires Vs Werewolves in a world-rending war in Tamriel ( a la Underworld)
    • 700 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:23 PM EDT

Fair enough, then we shall be research partners!  One, a vigilante who punishes the wicked; the other, a lab rat who is generally apathetic about even leaving the castle (because all vampires live in gothic castles). 

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:25 PM EDT
    I would actually use Dwemer technology and add some proper lighting and plumbing in said castle and build new, more helpful and less murderous automatons
    • 694 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:26 PM EDT

Thank you, good sir! 

• 700 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:30 PM EDT

So...no more doing delicate research by candle light, and pooping in buckets??  Oh my god.  I never dreamed of the day.  Welcome aboard! 

• 404 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:34 PM EDT

Lycan, due to the Native Americans believed in them and the fact they aren't involved with a Rapist.

• 367 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:42 PM EDT

Welcome to the pack Mathias

*Andrew...  HSSSssss 

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:47 PM EDT
    Hahaha. My vampire RP character is Draco Maleth, a Dunmer Mage who escaped the eruption of Red mountain only to be captured and ENSLAVED by ARGONIANS during the invasion of Morrowind!!
    • 66 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:48 PM EDT

Being aligned with Molag Bal for eternity makes me shudder, but I could see myself in the Hunting Grounds.

Immortality calls to me, but Molag Bal.Although, to be able to live long enough to actually master a subject, to set plots in play and slowing guide a people to a (hopefully) better future
     may be worth it.

Vampires probably lose a lot of sensations, being dead and all, while a lycanthrope would gain more life and the world probably stimulate all the senses more. My thoughts: Vampire =black and white, human= color, lycanthorpe=HD. I also like the feeling of letting the reptilian part of the brain take over sometimes, also were's are better in the sack Although, this is assuming the transformation isn't really painful and that you can control (or learn to) yourself when changed.

tl;dr? Werewolf, or werebear, or weretiger. A werehawk would be cool too if they existed.. Sotek's army grows UNSTOPPABLE!!!

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:49 PM EDT
    Do vampires poop? I guess they do considering they are ingesting blood..
    • 48 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:50 PM EDT
    I choose werewolf because vampires are monsters that need to be destroyed.
    • 700 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:50 PM EDT

They are not...comfortable.  Shitting blood is a warning sign for mortals.  Everyday life for vampires.  

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:54 PM EDT
    Yes I suppose you're right there. Bright red blood is usually from heammorrhoids and black blood is from the stomach. I guess vampires would have black poo then.

Don't get me started on biology, Legion. You'll never shut me up!
    • 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:55 PM EDT
    I would put in some refrigeration in the caslte to maintain the blood bank too then
    • 367 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:55 PM EDT

*Exuro... I've always seen you as a werebear myself... I like your thinking though.

Exuro, Caleb welcome to the pack Wolf Brothers.

• 367 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:56 PM EDT

Werewolf Argonians I hope.

• 694 posts
    September 1, 2015 12:00 AM EDT

Vampire =black and white, human= color, lycanthorpe=HD

I like the way you broke this down, and I feel like it's apt in a lot of ways. Though vampires do get cool powers too. Night vision, plus being able to detect all creatures (when you get further up the perk tree. That's gotta count for something. Plus magic, supernatural reflexes, and mist form... maybe it's more tactile than visual...?

• 700 posts
    September 1, 2015 12:01 AM EDT

Noted, but I think biology will be an integral part of our research considering we'll be studying the effects of synthetic blood on vampires, as well as vampire sex.  

It would be interesting to determine how Skooma and Alto Wine have any effect on vampires considering their lack of blood, from being undead.  Sex as well, for uh, the blood flow and such.  Which makes me question how one becomes a vampire...and then reverts.  Unless the blood stays stagnant in the veins.  How is it that I know so little about my kind?  To the lab! 

• 38 posts
    September 1, 2015 12:01 AM EDT
    righto then, I'm starting the Shepherd Vampire clan!
    • 38 posts
    September 1, 2015 12:08 AM EDT
    Let's break this down. Vampires are undead so do their hearts beat? Lungs breathe? Gut flow? So does blood give them nutritional benefits or is it more a spiritual/metaphsyical sustenance?

Do the usual neurological process work?

I vant to pick your brain ah ah ah!
    • 700 posts
    September 1, 2015 12:16 AM EDT

I think you might be breaking lore with science, which I'm all in favor of, but boy does it make our jobs harder.  I think the first step would be determining if vampires in TES are undead.  The game mechanics would certainly suggest so, but I've heard things about vampires being "prenatural beings" which is apparently distinctly different from being undead.  

Phil?  You watching this thread?  Help? 

• 38 posts
    September 1, 2015 12:28 AM EDT
    Yes I don't want to get too carried away. A lore master would help here.