Forums » Elder Scrolls

Lycanthropy & Vampirism: would you ever really?

• 694 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:20 PM EDT

True! 

• 1217 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:20 PM EDT

Hear, hear.

• 177 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:26 PM EDT

1. Nope, nope nope nope! I would hate to be a vampire or werewolf, no amount of power is worth what you'd have to do!

2. If I had to choose, I would go vampire, as far as benefits go it is a tenny wenny better. Immortality, night vision spells and awesome eyes! 

• 641 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:34 PM EDT

Ash Vampire! :-D

• 694 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:58 PM EDT

Ha! I should have known. 

• 700 posts
    August 31, 2015 6:05 PM EDT

I can't say that I would never willingly choose one...but I probably wouldn't.  

Though if I had to, I'd probably go for vampirism.  If only because I naively think there's a small chance of creating a group of "vegetarian" vampires that don't feed on any living being.  The presence of Death Hounds at least suggests that animals can be infected with Sanguinare Vampiris, so bleeding animals is at least questionable.  I'd want to study alchemy for however long it takes to replicate the Potions of Blood found around Castle Volkihar.  Not needing to feast on humans would certainly improve relations, if it takes the mystique (and some of the appeal) out of being a vampire.  But I'm a boring, research-conducting, peace-making kinda guy.  I'm sure Molag would have some objections.  

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 31, 2015 6:10 PM EDT

I'd willingly become a vampire. Important to note, however, that I would only do that if I could choose to become one with the Order, a Cyrodilic vampire, not one of those savage variants from other parts of Tamriel.

• 66 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:14 PM EDT

Gameplay/Lore segregation. Curing vampirism is simple, you just need a priest of Arkay. And even if it's hard, immortality gives you all the time to collect what you need.

• August 31, 2015 7:32 PM EDT
    1. Absolutely not. In a world where multiple afterlives have been confirmed as real, why would I want to throw my eternal soul away for any reason?
    2. Vampire, because there are multiple methods for curing the affliction and they're significantly easier than the cure to Lycanthropy we see in Skyrim. I would obviously search for a cure immediately, or assuming I enter Tamriel with full knowledge of the game world, I would perform the cure myself.
    • 622 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:47 PM EDT

Valka tho... O.O

• 18 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:50 PM EDT
    Werewolf all the way !!
    • 18 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:54 PM EDT
    Awesome question btw !
    • 743 posts
    August 31, 2015 9:05 PM EDT

Wouldnt do it unless forced. If I had to, I'd definitely be a lycanthrope, and make a pack bigger and better than Sotek's.

• 694 posts
    August 31, 2015 10:03 PM EDT

Why thank you, Scott. 

• 694 posts
    August 31, 2015 10:04 PM EDT

Haha, good luck with that. He seems to be quite actively recruiting. 

• 367 posts
    August 31, 2015 10:22 PM EDT

RogueSilver I'm more than willing to let you in the pack wolf brother.

Just so you misguided Vampires are aware of this..

Elder Scrolls Groups

Character Building: Tae-Rai

Role Playing: Borommakot

Tamriel Tales: Sotek

Lore: Matt Feeney

Fallout Groups

Character Building:  Mason

Werewolves.. Taking over the blog one group at a time. If Paul or Emer join us then the blog is ours.

AWWwoooo 

• 694 posts
    August 31, 2015 10:27 PM EDT

You raise some really awesome points here. There should definitely be heavier consequences to sort of balance out the reasons why people want to become one of these two things, and the decision to become one should feel heavier than just "ok sure, why not?"

At least Beth did a little better job with the vampires... but there are like no repercussions (other than missing out on well-rested) for werewolves. I feel like it should have worked more like wearing the cursed ring at the start, and it's something you "learn" to control and get better at. 

• 295 posts
    August 31, 2015 10:57 PM EDT

The Altmer Paladin of Auri-El in me is face palming right now, but if this was forced upon me. 

Werewolf.

In Requiem +100 stamina and health is pretty awesome, as is disease immunity.  Slight allergy to silver is okay. 

• 66 posts
    August 31, 2015 10:59 PM EDT

You read blogs while you brush your teeth? I usually just end up having staring contests with myself, it's always a tie.

• 367 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:01 PM EDT

Another one of mine... Welcome to the pack wolfsister

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:03 PM EDT

I'm sorry Sotek and other Lycans but I would have to go Vampire (so long as I keep my good looks.)

I would use my powers to punish evil doers and protect the innoccent. My immortality would mean I could also devote my non-feeding and hunting time to research and furthering scientific knowledge for the greater good of Tamriel. I would use my necromancy for the raising of the evil doers I have killed so that they can serve a more righteous existence in death than they did in life.

I would also endeavor to recruit those of my kind who follow my philosophy and hunt down those who prey on the weak and innocent. I would even align myself with the lycanthropes who followed this same philosophy and again, hunt down those who opposed it.

I would like to think that my strength of will and purpose would prevent me going down the path of the base vampire, and I would be something more akin to the Count of Skingrad.

So long as I could still enjoy sex, skooma and alto wine...

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:04 PM EDT

...and keep my good looks.

• 66 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:11 PM EDT

True Blood for Skyrim!

• 694 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:11 PM EDT

This sounds like you should team up with Legion.  

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2015 11:13 PM EDT

Has Legion posted on this discussion yet?

BTW Edana, totally epic question here! I reckon we can get this to 10 pages by the end of the day!