Forums » Fallout

Design your own Vault experiment!

• 557 posts
    August 27, 2015 6:23 PM EDT

As Christopher said, the Vault Experiment we have written for LRP: Fallout is really interesting! 

• 9 posts
    August 27, 2015 6:39 PM EDT
    Have a racial social experiment, by separating two different races. Somewhat like the nords stuffing the dunmer into the gray quarter. Give the wealthy side all the power, but reduce their numbers. The poor group should have twice the numbers. By the end, see who is in charge.
    • 700 posts
    August 27, 2015 6:46 PM EDT
    Interesting. I like that it's split by race and wealth instead of just wealth. Regardless of which race gets the wealth and power, I see things going bad very quickly. Since it's not just about wealth and every person is within a group of their own race, each group will feel a significantly stronger sense of belonging and not be bought out so easily, if at all. I predict that that vault will quickly become racially homogenous. It's an interesting idea, I like it.
    • 627 posts
    August 27, 2015 6:50 PM EDT

twas how I intended it be read. Unfortunately I couldn't find a smiley that was doing an evil laugh 

• 48 posts
    August 27, 2015 7:16 PM EDT
    Okay here mine I would create a vault that have two groups of people, the first group will believe in the vault, while the second group will be Rebels and will want to leave the vault, and then there will be my faction which will watch the event fold out, and half of my members will join the first group, while the second half will join the rebels, and my men disguised as members of both groups will kill the leaders of both groups, then a civil war will break out but after a 100 I will tell them that a secret organization that will the members of my faction but I will tell them that they betrayed us and see can they fight side by side after years of conflict.
    • 48 posts
    August 27, 2015 7:20 PM EDT
    Yeah and Okan and Sotek will be book authors, albino and curse will be making robots.
    • 9 posts
    August 27, 2015 7:59 PM EDT
    Exactly. Create a cultural link and they tend to stick together a bit more. Got the idea from a book I've been reading, Lol.
    • 133 posts
    August 27, 2015 8:13 PM EDT

I have an idea for another Vault.

In this one, we will be testing human compassion for the unknown. We will put two hundred or so people of only one race into a vault, and keep it sealed for at least three generations, or until all the first are dead. Then, we will introduce members of a race the Vault Dwellers will have never seen before, and record the reactions. Once these have been acclimated (or not), we will wait a one generation, and introduce members of another race, recording again. It would be really interesting to see the responses (and yes, members of all races included in the experiment will have never seen members of a different race before.

• 622 posts
    August 27, 2015 8:25 PM EDT

Excuse me, the only experiments I would be conducting would be to make the lizards sentient... Or breeding Deathclaws to be my minions 

• 557 posts
    August 27, 2015 8:42 PM EDT

What if we made a Whodunit?-like Vault? Everyone would die, but it would be interesting to see how 

• 404 posts
    August 27, 2015 9:00 PM EDT

I know you would say that.

• 700 posts
    August 27, 2015 9:02 PM EDT
    I imagine this vault would serve as Vault-Tec's personal reality show. Drop a master assassin with a silver tongue into a vault with the same equipment as every other member and task him/her with killing one person per week. Ya know, to keep the show going for a while. Mini series length.
  • August 27, 2015 9:04 PM EDT

Interesting, but you can't just add new individuals to a Vault like that. I mean, the whole idea is that there's a nuclear apocalypse, Vault-Tec had almost no control over the vaults after the bombs fell, and no way to really alter the experiments.

• August 27, 2015 9:05 PM EDT

So, this.

• 404 posts
    August 27, 2015 9:06 PM EDT
    I'll run an armory and be a general of the army, like I am in my fan-fic I wrote before. It's Mario bros mixed with fallout and some of the ShyGuy's live in mushroom kingdom, and I had my own arms. :D
    • 404 posts
    August 27, 2015 9:11 PM EDT

that reminds me of Battle Royale and of course Hunger Games

• August 28, 2015 3:28 AM EDT
    • A vault that's divided into two identical halves, each with the same number of people. One side is perpetually lit, while the other has no lights whatsoever. Once each year, for exactly 24 hours, the doors between the two sides open.
    • A vault with 20 people in it who are given a manifest with 100 names and the instructions that the remaining 80 people should already be inside.
    • A vault that's built upside-down, with tables, chairs, etc. attached to the "ceiling."
    • A vault where every room has corners that are almost, but not quite a perfect 90°.
    • A vault where everything, including the vault jumpsuits, are done in shades of black, white and gray rather than full color.
    • A vault where every inhabitant is surgically implanted with a button that, when pressed, shocks another inhabitant of the vault completely at random.
    • 134 posts
    August 28, 2015 5:08 AM EDT

Or even better! Use the Gary vault, but fill it with mutant plant spores and tell the Garys that they need to sacrifice one person every now and then to survive...

It would be horrifyingly amazing - fifty veggie-zombies yelling "ha ha ha, Gaaaary!" and engaging in political/moral disputes with the veggie-zombie justice bloc!

...what have I created...

• 9 posts
    August 28, 2015 12:04 PM EDT
    The first one and the last two are truly sadistic. My hat is off to you, friend.... You are a certified evil bastard, and for that we thank you.
    • 14 posts
    September 29, 2015 9:29 AM EDT

The vault is run by a council of 12, each head of a specific department (i.e. medical, education, etc.). All decisions are made by this council, and must be made unanimously. This is enforced by the Overseer, whose only job is to gather the council in the Council Chambers whenever a decision needs to be reached, sealing them inside until they arrive to a unanimous decision. Resources and supplies in the vault are limited, meaning that not all departments can be up to par with what they need (if security is fully stocked, agriculture will be severely lacking, etc.). Supplies and resources are sealed in vast storage rooms, and cannot be accessed without all 12 keycards carried by the council members (also forcing the unanimous decision). After two decades, the council members are replaced, and each of the 12 positions is filled by the most recent class to take the G.O.A.T. Up until the 20th year, only the Overseer knows this part of the plan, and again, must enforce it. If the Overseer fails to enforce any of the rules, he is told that a deadly nerve toxin will be released into the vault, killing everyone. He is sworn to secrecy, and is told that if he tells anyone, the gas wil be released anyway.

I imagine everything would go fairly smoothly, right up until the first 20 years are over. And that's the idea. Get them comfortable, get them to understand the system, give them a routine that they have slowly but surely found most efficient, then pull the rug out from under them, and hand the reigns over to a bunch of 16 year olds. That, plus the constant threat of nerve toxin looming over the Overseer could provide for a nice little touch of extra impending doom. The nerve toxin may not even exist, but does he want to risk it? 

There, my dose of sadism for the day 

• 14 posts
    September 29, 2015 5:49 PM EDT

Or, replace the council of 12 with a council of 16, one for each of the 16 personality types . . . .

• 127 posts
    October 1, 2015 11:38 AM EDT

One vault on top of another vault, with video feeds linked to the other vault.  Tell each vault that the other one is an experiment, and watch as they go crazy trying to figure out what the experiment is.  Hold private interviews off camera to find out what the populations think the experiment is, and the first person to get it right goes to the other vault.

As they transfer, everybody from that vault goes to the other, and it is left with one person in a vault all alone and a vault full of people all watching them, who you tell to pay close attention to the individual, as the almost ruined the experiment.  Tell the individual that they are now in charge of the the experiment, and that they can leave the vault entirely or stay to fuck with the rest of the population, who will now be glued to the screens analysing his every move to figure out what the experiment was.

• 113 posts
    October 17, 2015 2:53 AM EDT

A vault full of robots with human thoughts