Forums » Fallout

Details continue to spill about Fallout 4...

• 739 posts
    August 6, 2015 5:27 AM EDT

It looks like its only going to be a matter of time before we get to see this video for ourselves! Some great details emerging about how you can shape your character from the very start of the game and the combat and encounters sound amazing!

It looks like the voiced protagonist idea overlaps into general gameplay, just inspecting objects or arriving at a new location is going to have your character muttering various comments, probably along the lines of the behavior of companions in Skyrim...

"Look a cave, wonder what's inside' 

We saw a little of this when the character leaves the vault for the first time and has a small panic attack when he sees whats become of the world outside. Will this ruin immersion for some of you? I guess it depends how 'cool' the protagonist is, if your character starts making nervous comments when you're trying to RP as a seasoned war-vet I can imagine how it could be jolting, maybe we can turn it off...

Radiation is more deadly and will put a semi-permanent dampener on your health bar when you have radiation sickness which reminds me a little of playing Dark Souls with stunted health. Melee is also sounding very viable and fun in this game and the ability to surgically amputate limbs using VATS is definitely going to ensure we see some nice ninja builds here on the site...

• 641 posts
    August 6, 2015 5:45 AM EDT

Danny boy! Love Danny O'Dwyer.

I'm still not a fan of the voiced protagonist and I really hope you can turn that off and I hope to Asura that it won't be in the next Elder Scrolls game. 

“A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.”

• 773 posts
    August 6, 2015 6:05 AM EDT

The mass battles sound insane! I'm useless when it comes to anything that relies on very good hand eye co-ordination, so I'll probably be taking a back seat at those points 

I'm pleased that melee sounds viable, and look forward to experiencing the new critical attacks. I'm currently re-playing Fallout 3 with a melee only character so I'm going to be definitely wanting to see a really good melee build here on the site. 

The comments by the player character? Let's see how it plays out. I don't think it will bother me, but I can see how some people are going to hate on it.

• 627 posts
    August 6, 2015 6:12 AM EDT

I was never really reliant on VATS, but then again I was mainly using melee weapons in the previous games

• 1217 posts
    August 6, 2015 12:35 PM EDT

I wonder if the Rad Child perk will come back. That would be way more interesting with this radiation system than it was in New Vegas.

• 490 posts
    August 6, 2015 12:40 PM EDT
    All good things! Most excited that SPECIAL stats may not be dump stats in general. The new radiation system sounds genius. Was going to post this last night but ESO/New Vegas called me.