Forums » General Gaming

Xbox One VS PS4. Which Should I Get?

• 47 posts
    August 4, 2015 7:15 PM EDT

I'm planning on getting either an Xbox One or a PS4 and I cant really decide which to get. The PS4 runs games better than the Xbox One (better graphics) but the Xbox One is getting backwards compatibility. Plus I would like to play ESO but I'm not sure which console the majority of ESO console players here on the blog use.

• 1217 posts
    August 4, 2015 7:25 PM EDT

Best way to decide is which exclusive IP's you're interested in. For me, the PS4 doesn't have any that really appeal to me besides the recently announced Horizon. So I'm sticking with my Xbone, and enjoying the choice. The backwards compatibility is a big bonus for me. I can't advise on ESO, since I don't play it.

• 485 posts
    August 4, 2015 7:38 PM EDT

PS4 totally. Then you get get the amazing creation known as ESO and play with us. 

• August 4, 2015 8:09 PM EDT

Most ESO players here play on PS4.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    August 4, 2015 8:15 PM EDT

I have neither, but I usually prefer Xbox.

• 411 posts
    August 4, 2015 10:44 PM EDT

While i am primarily a PC gamer when i play console i play ps4

• August 5, 2015 2:37 AM EDT

Two words: One word: Exclusives.

Look at the lists of games that are exclusive to each console and ask yourself which one has more you actually want to play. That's going to be the only real, lasting difference.

• 394 posts
    August 5, 2015 4:52 AM EDT

Just don't ask Sheldon from the Big  Bang Theory! Theses are good answers here: for ESO PS4 seems to be the best choice but it depends what you want to play, Xbone has exclusives too I think

• 1217 posts
    August 5, 2015 9:23 AM EDT

^^AMQ knows what's up.

• 743 posts
    August 5, 2015 3:27 PM EDT

Personally, I have an Xbone and it works perfectly. Not sure about ps4, but I highly recommend the One.

• 133 posts
    August 5, 2015 4:03 PM EDT
    In terms of performance they both run fine, PS4 is supposed to have slightly better graphics. Not HUGELY noticeable difference from what I hear.

If you plan on playing multiplayer with friends then you'll obviously want to get the one most of your friends are on. I based my judgement on what exclusives I liked best.
    • 1217 posts
    August 9, 2015 6:08 PM EDT
    Didja end up getting one yet?