Forums » General Gaming

Witcher: Geralt vs Ciri

• 649 posts
    August 1, 2015 6:59 AM EDT

I have been thinking about this and I would like to know your opinions.

Who do you consider better witcher? Who do you like more? If these two were pinned against each other, on whom who would you bet?

I myself think that it migh draw in the end. Both have "special abilities" so luck might decide in the end. But here is my breakdown of their abilities.

Geralt:

Mutations - enchanced strength, speed, agility and reflexes. Ciri might be faster because of her "Blinking" but Geralt can react to that really fast. Also, I would like to add here, that Geralt is almost 100 years old. So experience.

Potions - This could be deciding factor. If Geralt was given enough time to drink potions, he might get upper hand, because these all enhance his already increased attributes.

Signs - While not really powerful, they are really all round up, these can help Geralt handle large variety of situations.

Ciri:

Teleportation - Huge advantage. She can be pretty much appear anywhere on the battlefield at any time.

Agility - While she didn´t undergo Mutations as Geralt, she was fed up by enhancing non magical potions when she was young. Probably some kind of steroids or something. So her agility and speed is probably much better than average human.

Magic - While games never told that, Ciri has immense magical power. In books, she burned down whole hut with Ignii sign. Of course it was much stronger than Geralt´s simple Ignii.

Witcher Training - This is important too, because she was trained by both Vesemir and Geralt in witcher´s swordplay, so she knows the moves.

Overall, while Geralt is badass, I really like how the game portrayed Ciri, especially her combat prowess. I would bet my coing on Ciri.

How about you?

• 1595 posts
    August 1, 2015 2:00 PM EDT

I'd happily play as Ciri some more, I really liked her character and I'm sad we never get to try out her new sword. I don't know if she has Geralt beat yet, though - he's got a lot of experience and many years under his belt.