Forums » General Gaming

Who Else is Tired of Ambiguous Review Scores?

• 295 posts
    July 18, 2015 7:24 AM EDT

Conan O'Brian is my ONLY source for game reviews. 

His are the best. 

• 56 posts
    July 18, 2015 7:43 AM EDT
    I dont dislike AngryJoe per se, but I think his opinions about a game are worth considering. And if nothing else, his reviews are funny, and prevent me from reading a wall of text just to arrive at the same opinion. We have very different genre preference, so I dont much mind his ranting. I actually enjoy watching it most of the time :-D
    • 1217 posts
    July 18, 2015 10:39 AM EDT

XD Conan knows what's up!

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 18, 2015 12:56 PM EDT

I very rarely purchase video games. For example, my last purchase was a year and a half ago and it was an indie computer game for twenty bucks (Banished, I highly recommend it).

Whenever a game comes out that I'd like to play (though, I inevitably wait a long while until its price is drastically reduced because fuck $60 for a video game unless I'm going to be playing it for years and get hundreds of hours of content from it, e.g. Skyrim), I avoid the big names in reviews, and by big names I mean any game stores, magazines, or highly publicized game reviewers.

Go to Amazon or Ebay and read the reviews there. Automatically ignore any review that gives it a max rating and goes on about how great of a purchase it is. If it goes on for more than a paragraph without pointing out flaws, disregard. If the language is artificial and sounds like someone's getting paid to write this, disregard. Pretty much any language you'd never imagine yourself or any gamer friend you know using, disregard.

Then look up official and unofficial forums, reddit, and any other site people come go to discuss games. Read what they think.

Boom. Honest and accurate game reviews.

• 237 posts
    July 18, 2015 6:38 PM EDT

The best review is a Let's Play

• 1217 posts
    July 18, 2015 6:40 PM EDT

That's probably sage council.