Forums » The Lounge

Favorite Video Games

• 77 posts
    July 16, 2015 7:43 AM EDT
    I tried to convince my mum that Civ was educational (it was full of historical facts), but I still wasn't allowed the full game :-(

Used to play the demo we had from a cover disk (remember those?) every night after school :-)
    • 288 posts
    July 16, 2015 7:44 AM EDT

There is a Civ 5 now, you can try it. It's actually quite good.

• 394 posts
    July 16, 2015 7:50 AM EDT
    Remember them? I collected them! Lol
    • 77 posts
    July 16, 2015 7:56 AM EDT
    Same here, we got some good software that way, had years worth of ST Format and Atari ST Review :-)

Not sure what happened to them ultimately, probably the "parents" lol
    • 161 posts
    July 16, 2015 8:04 AM EDT

3 words.... GOD OF WAR! that series (except  Ascension) : My favorite game series and best games ever made.

• 1483 posts
    July 16, 2015 8:50 AM EDT

Skyrim, Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1-3, Thief 1-3 (4 to a lesser amount), Splinter Cell 1-3, Dragon Age Origins, Dead Space 1-3, Soldier of Fortune: Double Helix, Tomb Raider reboot

• July 16, 2015 10:14 AM EDT

I love a lot of games so I'm just gonna mention the first 3 that pop into my head. Those will for sure be my most memorable and favorites.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne  (will always be my #1)

Final Fantasy 9 (it's my favorite final fantasy, 7 can suck it)

Skyrim  (if only because it's the game I always come back to)

• 743 posts
    July 16, 2015 10:17 AM EDT

Didn't think I'd see someone else who enjoys AoE 2. Nice.

• 100 posts
    July 16, 2015 10:27 AM EDT
    FPS: Metro 2033, and Last Light, Far Cry 4, Mirrors Edge (although many didn't like it), Dishonored, and the Thief series
    RTS: TOTAL WAR!!!
    RPG: The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series, Dark Souls 1 & 2, & Chrono Trigger.
    Action/adventure: Journey (amazing game), Metal Gear series, Wind Waker, GTA 4&5, The Last of Us... (I had more but ning ate them)
    I could likely think of more, but these come to mind immediately.
    • 145 posts
    July 16, 2015 11:08 AM EDT

Never played Bastion, but I've listened to its soundtrack 50 times over!

• 8 posts
    July 16, 2015 3:05 PM EDT

My favorite game serie is castlevania. It was the first game saga I really loved, specially castlevania : Aria of Sorrow, I spent thousands of hours playing when I was a child, probably the game I have most played.

Talking about shooters, I will say MW2 cuz although itis multiplayer is full with broken things, It was the first online FPS I have played. However nowadays I'm playing a lot to Insurgency. 

I have a specila romance with Conflict: Desert Storm cuz It was the first military game I have ever played.

And well, of course  TES, no explanation needed.

PD: sorry for my grammatical mistakes,I'm still learning english

• 585 posts
    July 16, 2015 3:16 PM EDT

Skyrim - First RPG I sunk major time into and understood (Runescape, I'm looking at you)

Battlefield 3 - Eventhough its an FPS, the strategy in being my prefered class, the Recon, means most FPS were left unencountered.

Spiro Enter the Dragonfly - My first game!

Medieval Total War Third Age Total War Mod - Total War was a game from my childhood, so it scores sentimental points, and I love LOTR

Can't think of a fifth, I haven't played many games

• 98 posts
    July 16, 2015 3:24 PM EDT

Top 10:

1. Skyrim

2. Persona 4/Persona 3

3. Monster Hunter Tri

4. WWE Games

5. GTA San Andreas

6. DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2

7. Minecraft

8. Tibia

9. LA Noire

10. GTA V

• 558 posts
    July 16, 2015 5:37 PM EDT

I actually played the first Dark Souls first, and while it is a great game, it has too many mechanical flaws holding it back.

I have never played FF or Fire Emblem, but my brother really enjoys them.

• 558 posts
    July 16, 2015 5:39 PM EDT

I have never heard of Neverwinter Nights.

I hate GTA also.

• 558 posts
    July 16, 2015 5:40 PM EDT

Journey is coming to PS4 and I'm pretty excited for it.

• 558 posts
    July 16, 2015 5:41 PM EDT

Bully, now that's an interesting choice.

• 558 posts
    July 16, 2015 5:42 PM EDT

My friend played Castlevania, but I never owned any. It looked cool, though.

• 100 posts
    July 16, 2015 6:19 PM EDT
    Soooo good
    • 8 posts
    July 16, 2015 6:48 PM EDT

And well,I forgot the Hotline Miami serie,I really love their original gameplays, their amazing soundtrack (although I don't like electro music at all), their strange caharcters and bizarre story.

• 8 posts
    July 16, 2015 6:51 PM EDT

If you would like to try one of them, I higly recommend you playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night for the first playstation. You can also buy it in xbox360 arcade

• 627 posts
    July 16, 2015 6:52 PM EDT

Sure the first one has some flaws with the combat, but at least it didn't force me to warp back to the hub to level up, and there were actually locations that had me jumping at the slightest noise, like new londo ruins. That place had me scared of the sound of my own footsteps.

• 558 posts
    July 16, 2015 7:41 PM EDT

Halo: Reach was the only Halo where I actually finished the campaign.

• 558 posts
    July 16, 2015 7:44 PM EDT

Yeah, out of all of the souls games and Bloodborne, Dark Souls is the only one that didn't have a NPC that you needed to talk to for leveling up.

I hate any area in Dark Souls that has the word "Londo" in it.

• 627 posts
    July 16, 2015 7:58 PM EDT

Having the water up to your ankles and the gloomy lighting, has the player (well at least me) unsure if the sound of splashing is being caused by their own footsteps or those of something else. I loved that about it, it was one of the few areas that I was always hesitant about moving forwards in, even when I had memorized where each enemy was located in the area.