Forums » General Gaming

Thoughts on MMO's

• 75 posts
    March 9, 2012 8:51 PM EST

I still remember the day my mom finally bought World of Warcraft for me (vanilla). I had picked it out at WalMart after hearing so much about it, how cool WoW was, how fun WoW was, how much better WoW was than Runescape (dun dun dunnnnnn). I drooled over the manual the entire car ride home. Reading about "twinks," "carebears," "noobs," etc... Over the course of that summer I became ADDICTED, I played non-stop and it never got old.

Come August, I had to move out to California with my Aunt and Uncle... in the country.... without any internet... I thought I was going to die. Months went by and I still thought about my character and how I would troll the Barrens Chat. Finally, my gran moved out to Cali and I moved in with her.... and her internet (this wasn't the sole reason I moved in with her ha).

I downloaded Burning Crusade and continued my rampage through Azeroth. I eventually moved away for school and, alas, no more internet for a year. The next summer I had grown bored of WoW and wanted to see what else was out there. Runescape was still fun for me (quest wise), DDO was a new thing to me, but I didn't understand the reasoning, and LoTRO came into my life a while later (ddo doesn't like Barrens Chat behavior).

I grew out of the MMO scene due to the increase in assholes that populate their massive realms and moved to SPRPGs, but I soon realized that it wasn't enough.... I.... wanted... to.... show off!!!

That was the best part about them and the thing I loved the most. I could show off my achievements through the gear I had collected and the skills I had picked up along the way in these games; something Dark Souls, Mass Effect, and even SKYYYYYRIIIIMMMM can't provide. Apart from that I am also a VERY competetive person and love PvP: anything, whether that be CoD, Halo, Warsong Gulch, or World Invasion.

So no, I don't miss the assholes, trolls, little kids, epeens, or the constant stream of "keyboard ass-assaulting," but the displaying of my achievements while being able to make someone break their computer after losing to me is still trying to drag me back.

The Questions:

• What are your thoughts on MMO's?
    • Which one(s) do you suggest I try (I don't want to play SWtOR)?
    • What is your favorite MMO experience?

and if you made a suggestion 

• Why that one/those? 

Post Away

• 75 posts
    March 9, 2012 8:54 PM EST

I totally meant to put this in Gaming or General discussion, sorry. (I clicked add on the main page)