Forums » The Lounge

This drink is AWFUL

• 457 posts
    June 17, 2015 11:36 AM EDT

I'll be honest... not really a fan of the regular Mountain Dew: looks like radioactive urine and is so sweet it could give a honeybee diabetes (and this coming from a guy who can eat honey straight from the bottle). Even the name is vaguely reminiscent of bathroom adventures... nope, not really a fan of Mountain Dew.

But then again, who's going to take the guy who eats honey straight all that seriously xD

• 694 posts
    June 17, 2015 12:23 PM EDT

Wow! That's crazy how the attitude sort of shifted. I moved back to the states seven years ago now, so it wasn't all that long ago. I think few people actually ordered it from those fast food joints (you can slip into a taqueria and get infinitely better for sure) but it always seemed to be on the menu anyway.

I'm a big fan too of the dish too. My husband will request it time and again; I just wish making the beans wasn't so time-consuming. 

Also, I'll have to test out that coconut business. With red sauce as the base?? Or like, olive oil?

• 457 posts
    June 17, 2015 1:49 PM EDT
    Looking back, I now realize that we never really hit the fast food restaurants (pizza hut was the one exception), so that might be the reason.

The coconut went on a regular old pizza (one pepperoni and one Canadian bacon with pineapple)... that baked coconut was fantastic on BOTH ;D
    • 457 posts
    June 17, 2015 2:17 PM EDT
    Any chance of sending your recipe my way? I'd love for the kids to try a bona fide Tica recipe instead of the hack-n-guess job I throw together (different every time, and NEVER quite like the real deal xD).