Forums » The Lounge

A Subject On Mannimarco: The King of Worms

• 24 posts
    June 12, 2015 2:11 AM EDT

Okay, so there's a dude in TES that apparently almost caused the end of the world by the name of Mannimarco that holds the title... King of Worms. Yes, I've met him before and killed him in Oblivion and encountered him again in TES Online. So, here's an account on everything I know of him and if he really poses a threat if he's coming back again, which I think he could or already has. You'll figure that out later, if you haven't already.

Back in the first Era, a certain someone named Mannimarco had risen in the ranks of the Mage's Guild and fancied himself above most people. Well his mage leader (I can't quite place a name on him) noticed this. Mannimarco was driven to the dark arts, currently known as necromancy. He wanted to live forever but couldn't do this alone, so he needed help. A deadra's help. Molag Bal's help. In this, the aspiring Altmer pledged himself to Molag Bal in hopes of gaining his own immortality. The price was his everlasting obedience.

So Mannimarco was went about and wreaked havoc upon the world in his master's name. Well his former mage leader decided to take action and led an assault of wizards on him and eventually killed him. Being an exremely powerful lich, someone who devotes their very life essence to a single worldly item, in this case, an amulet, he was reborn somewhere in the second Era.

He made an uneasy alliance with the Empire, completely oblivious as to who this strange high elf was or his intentions were, they gave him a place to work and that was the main undercroft (I think). All of the prisoners were to be delivered directly to man himself by "corrupt" imperials and were to be sent to Coldharbor, to fuel Molag's thirst for human souls and Mannimarco's power for his amulet. One of those prisoners just so happened to be the one thing the world needed to stop, hence its name, the Warp in the West.

The Vestige was sent to Coldharbor, in unruly events, and happened to get face-to-face with Molag Bal himself and they battled a bloody battle in his own plane of oblivion and lost against divine powers from the God's themselves. Thus stopping the Warp in the West. But a daedric prince can never truly be killed... only postponed. Before the current events, Mannimarco was to turn against Molag Bal and use the power of all the souls he had captured and furthermore trap Molag to postpone his activities forever and become the new Molag Bal. But, as fate would decree it, it never came to pass. Mannimarco was defeated and trapped in Coldharbor with Molag Bal... forever.

It's not known how he got out, but he shows up yet again in Cyrodiil with the title of King of Worms and an army of necromancers at his side. But, as luck would have it, Mannimarco was defeated once more, not by The Vestige, but by the Champion of Cyrodiil, who played part in stopping another daedric prince by the name of Mehrunes Dagon from the Oblivion Crisis when he attempted to enter Tamriel in his true and terrible form, only to be stopped by Martin Septim, the bastard son of Emperor Uriel Septim VII. He smashed the Amulet of kings and became the Avatar of Akatosh, where Dagon battled him and lost.

I have a feeling Mannimarco's either coming back or is already settled down on Tamriel, or perhaps even succeeded and mantled Molag Bal himself. Planning... conquering... destroying. If this is so... then we are all in grave danger.

But anyhow, what do you think about this?

-B

• 161 posts
    July 9, 2015 5:44 AM EDT

RP TIME!:

I think It cute how you stuided me soo well. And Im still alive waiting to make a Come Back. 

Real Me: 

I think theres a big possibility he might come back but if they do a Whole Evil Necromancer thing it would be someone else then maybe Manni can make a come backI like the Idea That he beats Molag Bal though. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 9, 2015 11:45 AM EDT

I think this post belongs in the Lore Group as a Lore Discussion.

• 394 posts
    July 9, 2015 12:56 PM EDT

Could be the plot for ES6?

• 24 posts
    July 11, 2015 2:50 PM EDT

It's just a theory. This is just what I've heard. It could be the next ES's plot... or it could just be my wild imagination taking control. Who knows?