Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most interesting things to do

• 47 posts
    June 11, 2015 9:28 AM EDT
    Ok, so I've been trying to get myself to play. I have a few character build ideas that I want to try out, but I have zero motivation to start up the game. Tht brings me to the discussion.

What are your favorite things/the most interesting things to do in skyrim?
    • 1 posts
    June 11, 2015 9:57 AM EDT
    The forbidden art of Bucketmancy.
    • 47 posts
    June 11, 2015 2:02 PM EDT

Those spinning wheels of death that fly up the middle of staircases/ramps in the dwarven ruins really miff me. I can't seem to avoid them!

• 47 posts
    June 11, 2015 2:03 PM EDT

Madness!

• 47 posts
    June 11, 2015 2:05 PM EDT

I'll chip in my 2 cents from what I remember. I used to enjoy avoiding the "dragonborn" idea, and never starting the main quest. It was always interesting to avoid the norm, and play as a normal kind of guy...you know aside from the whole being a vampire thing. 

• 6 posts
    June 11, 2015 3:23 PM EDT

Becoming thane of every hold is fun for roleplay makes you known by everyone everywhere you go. If using archery in my build I sometimes equip myself with fur or skaal armor and go on long hunting journeys around skyrim with only a bow, all the arrows I currently have, a sword/axe, a few poisons/potions and read nearly every book I come across for a break, and is sometimes  quite interesting. Stopping at local Inns for a drink, some food and a bed to sleep in is also fun to roleplay. It's great fun hunting and allows you to explore more of skyrim. other than just following the quest marker for hours on end then ending up with nothing to do and scrapping the build.

• 47 posts
    June 11, 2015 5:01 PM EDT

That sounds like it could be fun. Are there enough animals in Skyrim to make the hunting aspect of it worthwhile?

• 6 posts
    June 11, 2015 5:19 PM EDT

I play on console so I can't use mods to add new or more pre-existing animals but there's always a deer/elk or some other creature lurking around.. I usually start off in one location and go wherever I please, or if I'm doing a quest I'll get into my hunting gear and hunt my way to the quest marker. If I know a cave that has animals in it I'll usually clear it out but I've had them few times where I walk into a cave with a bear in it and end up being attacked by the falmer and having to escape!

I would recommend not fast traveling at all unless its by carriage, this allowed me to experience and discover new locations that I've never seen before in Skyrim.