Forums » The Lounge

What’s the funniest thing you’ve heard people do or say?

• 367 posts
    June 6, 2015 4:51 AM EDT

Personally for me, it was my wife. I was laying on the sofa the other day when she laid besides me. I Hsssed angrily at her and half screamed in pain.

“Watch my tail, damn it”.

The poor thing jumped up and apologised. Once she laid down again she asked me if it was alright. It took several seconds of me grinning at her for her to realise I was messing about.

I got beaten up for that one and she called me a slimy reptile...

As far as something said which was silly, I still remember this from years ago.

I camped in the back garden with my wife and the kids. It was a clear night so I suggested we kept a watch out for any satellites. One of the girls stuck her head up and complained.

“I’m not doing that, it’s silly. I don’t believe in them”.

What about you?

• 627 posts
    June 6, 2015 4:57 AM EDT

In year 12 we could get a hoodie with something written on the back that was 12 letters or less and one of my friends when he found out came up to us and started to tell us about how we could have 12 alphabets on the back of the hoodie. It took us repeating it about 5 times for him to realize.

One biology lesson we spent about ten minutes listening to the teacher next door trying to convince one of the students that if he kept being an ass then someone would punch him in the face one day.

• 367 posts
    June 6, 2015 5:02 AM EDT

Lol. Some people just refuse to listen.

• 627 posts
    June 6, 2015 5:09 AM EDT

The best part was that even my teacher was laughing at it, and she was probably one of the most hated teachers in the school because of how strict she was.

• 627 posts
    June 6, 2015 5:12 AM EDT

Is that on a shirt? If not can we get it on one? 

• 207 posts
    June 6, 2015 5:43 AM EDT

I was discussing with a friend about grades (where I live grades are numbers not letters).

"You got a 1 on the first exam, a 5 on the second. 1+5 is 4, divided trough 2 is 2."

If our math teacher heard that, she d have probably gotten a seizure.

• 367 posts
    June 6, 2015 6:05 AM EDT

I'm up for that.

• June 6, 2015 7:27 AM EDT
    LOL
  • June 6, 2015 7:36 AM EDT
    Back in school in a music lesson our teacher fell on the piano and then onto the floor and hit the low keys on the way down so it made it really dramatic and our whole class literally just couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes straight. Our teacher was so embarrassed she couldn't regain control of the class she just stood there red faced. Everyone was full on laughing too, it was uncontrollable laughter and the fact everyone was laughing made everyone else laugh even more.
  • Tim
    • 92 posts
    June 7, 2015 1:04 AM EDT

A few years ago I was sitting at a lunch table in middle school with a few of my friends. One of my friends (named Remy) had been singing "Ain't Nobody Got Time For That" for about 5 minutes, which really annoyed another friend, who was sitting next to me. Finally, after it went on for a little longer, the guy sitting next to me looked up and yelled "REMY! IF YOU DON'T SHUT THE HELL UP, I'M GONNA STICK MY DICK IN YOUR EAR AND PISS ON YOUR BRAIN!" And then Remy was quiet.

• 367 posts
    June 7, 2015 2:43 AM EDT

My wife reminded me of when I was showing her how to play GranTurismo (1st one. Yes that long ago).  At one part she crashed the car which wasn't overly unusual. She then threw the controller at me.

"Well what do you expect. It's a straight but there's a bloody bend in it".

That my dear is what we drivers tend to call a 'Corner'....

• 394 posts
    June 7, 2015 9:43 AM EDT

Where do i start?! I'm a dad of young twins so I've got lots of this on my family blog. Like when we were in a music group: the leader & all the parents & children are singing away when my little girl whispers something to mummy. As  they stand up to leave she shouts, clearly heard above the singing: "I NEED A POO!". For a moment the singing stops & is replaced by laughing! She was just being polite 

• 394 posts
    June 7, 2015 9:45 AM EDT

And me!

• June 7, 2015 12:17 PM EDT

I've got a good one. It's even better because I said it.

So my chemistry teacher was showing us how conductive electricity is. I can't remember the exact procedure, but I believe there were two rods in a cup of salt water. One of the rods lead to an outlet, the other lead to a light bulb. When the light bulb lit up, I said, and I quote, "So why don't we just power everything electrical with salt water?"

I realized immediately it was the dumbest thing I've ever said.

• 168 posts
    June 7, 2015 4:42 PM EDT

This is from a quiz game I watched years ago:

Q:  What is the name of the planet closest to the sun?

A: Mars.

Q: What is the name of the river that pass through London?

A: Nile river.

• 367 posts
    June 7, 2015 4:55 PM EDT

And I thought my Geography was bad.

• June 7, 2015 9:35 PM EDT
    One time in music class, a bitchy kid kept annoying people, and then crying when he got yelled at. Well, he got sent to the office, and when a kid asked about Steven, the teacher yelled "I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT STEVEN!!!" While playing a note at every word. When the room went quiet, I yelled encore encore!!!